Your Favorite Place to Just "Be" at Disney

i love sitting on the curb of main street at 2:30 in the afternoon right before the parade. the streets are full of people and there are balloons and the castle and everyone is making friends. it's so magical.

Im sitting here thinking of when we arrive at the AllStars and i see the Disney busses and i always say to my daughter "oh my god were back" then on to the food court and pool. But the best is when we arrive at the Magic Kingdom. We still take our pictures on main st, dd is 15 now, she says ok mom . i have to stop for a minute just to look at the Castle. lol, then everyone says come on . lol. Its been so cold here , this week in work i said to everyone "I WOULD LOVE TO BE STANDING IN LINE RIGHT NOW AT SPLASH MOUNTAIN"

1) In front of SE where the leave a legacy tiles are-the music, monorail, and people watching are why I love this location:D
2) Riding the TTA over and over again-very relaxing
3) Morocco-I love people watching over there!

I know there are many, many more!:hyper:

I have 2...
1) Out on the boats in the lake at Port Orleans...It's so peaceful..
2) This one kind of happened by accident...But my boyfriend and I were eating pizza in our room and the lights went out!!! We propped the door open with a chair and just sat out on the balcony eating pizza and listening to all the people at the hotel laughing and wondering about the lights...It was just a really fun experience (and probably once in a lifetime!)

My first choice would be just riding around in the cars on the Tommorrowland Transit Authority. It always seems to allow a relaxing moment while just looking around and resting.

My second choice would be to just wander through the World Showcase without doing anything except just taking in the "World".

:D

Main Street, U.S.A. for me. There's no other feeling quite like it.

::MickeyMo Mickey76::MickeyMo

The Boat ride from FW to Magic Kingdom, you can see all of the resorts lining the lake and the castle in the distance.:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:

Mine would have to be a toss-up between riding the monorail, and walking into Fantasyland. Main Street is magical, but seeing Fantasyland holds such good memories for me, it's like I can't help but smile. :D

Walking down Main Street during MVMCP with the Disney snow, Christmas music and lites, nothing like it.

I love this post! Thanks so much for starting it chicky monkey.

Mine would be walking up Main Street seeing the castle, listening to the Dapper Dan's sing, seeing the Main Street Players on the trolley and performing, smelling the yummies from the bakery and doing all that with my family. That's just one! All those things make that a perfect moment.

Another one would be Italy at Epcot. I could sit there all day and watch Masquerade perform and see my girls eyes light up and them smile. I would get up to go see Imaginum too.

It's hard to choose but I would have to say I am happiest wandering around the World Showcase at Epcot.
I just love the ambience, the gardens and landscaping, the architecture of the buildings in the various countries, The British Invasion, Off-Kilter, and the cute little French guy who does the chair balancing act! ::yes::

chicky monkey,
You are in the Dis Class Yearbook!! :p
The yearbook is on the Community Board and your yearbook picture is on page 128.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=385337&referrerid=28080

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Lots of favorite, but I will pick2:

On a bench in World Showcase, before or just after Illuminations, just soaking in the wonderful atmosphere.

Sitting at the Fountainview in the evening, a favorite dessert on the table, watching the fountain perform & the people streaming by.

Night time at the Magic Kingdom, I ould watch the castle turn different colors for hours. I also love Epcot after illuminations...the music, the fountains lit up, the sparkley sidewalk, I really love to take my time leaving.

okay - so how do you define your most favorite place when everywhere seems to have its own moment?

Like waiting for the buses at CBR and seeing the wonder on our kids faces at getting to ride Mickeys bus? Or pulling up to the parks and seeing all the excitement on faces - and you're bustin' at the seams 'cause you're one of them - or when you see the magnitude of each park - from Cinderella's castle, or the 'ball' or the Chinese theatre or the 'tree', or just catching your breath and resting (while your toddlers have passed out in their strollers) outside an eatery listening and people watching. Can it get any better? Just staying at a WDW resort is so magical - when we pull up to CBR the adrenaline starts flowing - being able to feel like we're at a carribbean island so far away - (we are aren't we?), sitting in a hammock, watching the fireworks -
Pick a spot, any spot - they're all so wonderful and magical -

Do we have to go home?:) :) :)

Offsite - '92 (we were really newbies)
CBR - '93
CBR - '94 (x2) with kids, without for our 10th
CBR -'98
CBR - '2001
CBR -5/2004:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce:

I think I feel it as soon as I pull into the resort where we are staying for the time. What an awe moment when you realize we are here!!

My favorite place would be on the top of Splash Mountain (right at the point where you can overlook MK/Contemp, etc.) at night, preferably at MNSSHP when evrything is lit with the decorations. I love that moment, and I relive it each time I miss WDW.

I would have to say riding the monorail at night and when we arrive and begin to set up our pop up "home" in Disney and thinking, "We have 10 days here!"
TomM

Where do I begin? I don't feel like I've been there enough times to have a definitive favorite - so I guess I'll have to go back!

I love Epcot all together. Wandering around the WS and watching Illuminations from anywhere!

I LOVE the Haunted Mansion - I could ride it over and over and just hang out near it al day long! I am not a big fan of MK but I had a totally different experience on our last trip. We went to MK for MNSSHP and it was a different park! I was skipping through the park I was so giddy!

I am looking forward to going "home" to SSR next December and I'm sure there will be special times there, too.

D4D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter