Your Favorite Place to Just "Be" at Disney

chicky monkey

Mouseketeer
Okay, how bout we all just think and share our favorite places to just "be" in Disneyworld. Think of a place where you like to be where you can just take it all in.

I'll start with something probably pretty obvious...

I like to stop and take it all in as soon as I cross under the train station and enter onto Main Street where I can feast my eyes on the castle for the first time.

We like sitting in the garden area by the castle. A great place to people watch. If we want to be alone and yes you can be alone at WDW we go to _______ wait then everyone would know.

Though my favorite park is Epcot, I too feel that "Magic" the minute I step on to Main St at MK. I am sure that if there was a mirror in front of me at that moment I would see this 5 year old with lots of freckles staring back at me. princess:

I hate to be redundant, but Main Street USA is where I really feel the magic too.:D

After much deliberation I would have to say Showcase Plaza at Epcot here.

You can see all the world showcase countries spead out before you like little ceramic villages and then turn around and see Spaceship Earth, hear the excitment of the cars wooshing around on Test Track all the while listening to that background music the pipe in. It's perfect

(My, that sounded almost poetic :D )

Solotraveler:earsboy:

That is a tough one.
I always feel "at home" in the lobby of the WL. It just has such a familiarity for me.
I also have one of my most vivid memories from WL on a cool night during a November trip. Sipping coffee, watching the Water Pageant by the geyser with the framework of the three wonderful women (wife and two daughters)in my life framing the whole picture.
But oddly enough,I also feel at home in Cosmic Ray's (go figure) listening to the dopey show by Sonny Eclipse. I think it has something to do with a very relaxing moment I had many years ago when the park was emptying and I just sat there with my girls. Funny how some memories stick with you... like sitting outside Beaches and Cream eating way too much ice cream for a human, people-watching and daughter-watching...seeing my then-pregnant wife trying to put our 4 year-old on her shoulders by Casey's Corner while I went to get hotdogs our very first day ever in Magic Kingdom, in order to see what all the fuss was about at 3PM(wow, they have a parade at 3 o'clock everryyyy day -yes, we were real newbies despite the planning)...strolling through the MarketPlace with no particular place to go... waiting at the bus stop going anyplace, with a new adventure and memory every time in front of you...sitting back and thinking about all my wonderful memories transports me and I can always "be" at Disney anytime I want to.

How can it not be the Magic Kingdom. This park oozes Magic. For me Main Street (to be redundant) is magic, but my most magical areas are Frontierland and Tomorrowland just becayse they transport you. They also give me nostalgic Disney feel.

My runner up is Epcot, there is ntohing like seeing that globe at night.

Ditto on Magic Kingdom's Main Street Entrance, I love that feeling I get when I see the castle and all the wonderful store fronts. It's best when the strolling musicians are walking about and playing all of their nostalgic tunes. That's when the magic is undeniable. :wizard:

I know it sounds wierd, but I like Frontier Land right by the water. Not sure why?

I'll give you a specific Main Street spot I love-the rocking chairs on the porch in front of Tony's. Since we don't have any little ones, I love to get to MK in the early morning, grab a rocking chair, and watch everyone else rush in and studying their maps. Couldn't stop there with little ones!
Also, the rocking chairs on Tom Sawyer's Island, listening to the howl from HM. And sitting in the rocking chairs on the porch in Frontierland, listening to the banjo music and the screams from Splash Mountain in the distance (notice the trend with rocking chairs here?). And I just discovered one other favorite on my last trip-in one of the "swings for two" on the beach in front of the BC at night, watching the boats cruise Crescent Lake and watching the lights from the Boardwalk.

Thats too tough to pick just 1.

My top pick would have to be any place at the Poly. Whether its on a balcony or patio, the beach looking out at the castle, the GCH, or just sitting the room, I just love the feeling I get there.

Some others would be walking along the lake at the BW, walking down the street toward TOT at MGM, and walking up Main St upon entering MK...I always have to videotape that walk and catch the time on the clock to the left. :D

riding the monorail on the way to MK. Susan

I just asked my wife. Afternoon, on the water taxi in the lagoon on the world showcase. Evening, on the beach at Poly watching the boat parade and the Wishes fireworks.

Mine, hanging out near the Brown Derby under the trees in Studios, and a slow stroll out of the Magic Kingdom late at night when everyone else has left and the CM's are giving you "the eye". Perfect for me would be riding the last run of BTMRR, then saunter through the Castle and down mainstreet sipping a beverage I picked up earlier just for that purpose. Possibly catching the "Kiss Goodnight"

Main Street is the first place that comes to mind. I also like to hand out with my kids (6 & 4) in Toontown. It's a blast for us just to walk through Minnie's house and Mickey's house.

I love all of WDW. But, I could spend one entire day in the Haunted Mansion! Been heading straight to it for over 20 years!

Hard to choose. I would have to say either Fantasyland near the Castle (especially in the morning) or France in World Showcase.

mine is on the monorail. It doesn't matter where. I'd just ride it around and around if there was no one on it.
:earseek: :earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

anywhere at night..with all the lights and stuff..it just reminds me of pixie dust

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter