Your favorite Pete rant!

I'm listening to an episode from 08/25/10 at the moment (I've listened to a few from around this date due to references I've heard so much about in the podcast and this one was Terrsa's $2,500 challenge)
And pete went on a rant about a CM going public about not being able to wear a hijab during Ramadan. While the topic is sensitive, I loved Pete's rant based purely on the principles he brought up. He was respectful in his opinion but still showed passion and I think that is the mark of a great rant.

Plus, there was a great John-ism... He called a hijab a hair job, which had some great laughs and banter to follow

7/17/12... Park Updates segment. Starts at about 13:30 in.

Listening to it now... crying!!
Thanx so much for the location info - listened today, and it was awesome. As I find so often, Pete was "spot on" with just what I was/am thinking, but has a much better and more eloquent way of stating it!!

The D23 rant from March 2009 is the best I've heard yet. Pete is so passionate, and makes very valid points - many of which are still relevant today (unfortunately)..

my least favorite is his starbucks rant. people like starbucks. they make good coffee. they make good frozen drinks. get over it. the starbucks locations on property have more traffic than any coffee places before did.

but everything else, he's usually on point.

I don't really care what the topic of the rant is as long as the phrase "There's a special place in hell for people who..." gets woven in. Any rant that rises to that level of angst is tops in my book.
I love it when he says that!

Can anyone PLEASE remember which podcast featured the listener compilation of Pete's rants? I remember laughing so hard at that :crazy:
I am a rant-er, so I fully understand the need to make one's point :mic:

Coffee rant ("freeze-dried excrement") :crazy: based on his Ft. Wilderness cabin stay over New Year's 2011 is on "The Sick Show", 1-05-11.

There's also a resort-specific merchandise rant right after :badpc:

:yay:

Someone needs to put together the top 10 rants and find which episodes they were from so we can all download and enjoy...

I finally found the listener song/rant compilation I was talking about :flower1:

Podcast from 10/30/11: News, Housekeeping, Rapid-Fire
around 55:00

:dancer:

Just went back and looked. The D23 rant is from 3/11/09 and the news segment discussing D23 starts about 5:00 minutes into the show. The feisty kicks in around around 7:20. "I'm not sure what they're smoking in Burbank." :thumbsup2

It just goes to show how long there has been a "lack of love" for non-first-time Disney fans.

Also enjoy the disdain for Disney's poor-quality computer systems. "If you people spent less time having Tinkerbell fly around my screen and more time keeping your servers from crashing..."

I particularly enjoyed the coffee rants and the washroom rant but there are so many enjoyable ones.

I think I may be in a minority as I don't really like the majority of his rants I find that sometime when he goes off on them the others at the able just don't want to offer an opinion after that and they just go on to the next topic, as if it's like Ok Pete's said his version so why should I bother with my point of view.

This wasn't a real rant. It was a line my husband and I quote all the time. He was sitting in a hotel room and a staff member opened the door to their room. He went to the staff member and said "you know better" it was a well told story. Now if we tick each other we just say- you know better in a serious tone and smile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter