Your favorite "guilty pleasure" singer

Love Barry Manilow!

He was on the farewell show to Kathie Lee Gifford last month and sadly he has pulled his face so tight, he no longer can really sing.
He was kinda just saying the words to "Can't Smile Without You".

** 10 years ago he was doing a concert on The Plaza on the Today Show and we were in Dean & Delucca's, he turned looked at me and waved, I was freaking out, my husband was hysterical at me acting like a schoolgirl, he was yes, yes, I saw it too! It was great!

Dh and I saw him in concert at Las Vegas a couple of months ago. He has a residency at the Westgate Resort. Let me tell you he rocked that stage! The entire audience were on their feet dancing along and screaming. What surprised me most was that a good amount of people in the audience were easily under 30 years of age and I believe a few teenagers as well! He spoke about his childhood and his journey to fame and came across as a very sincere person. Something I didn't know but before "Mandy" was released and made him a star he used to write jingles for commercials in the early 1970's. He asked us if we knew his first big musical hit and then the music to the jingle "I am stuck on band aid brand cause band aid's stuck on me" (if you know that commercial) started playing and he started singing it. The audience roared with laughter!

I was going to say Engelbert Humperdinck, but thinking about it, his voice is very good, and so are his songs. At least *I* think so.

Barry Manilow

I'll deny it if you ever tell this to anyone, but Barry Manilow is a musical genius and he's always good for a full-car singalong when we bust out his greatest hits on road trips. Don't @ me.

Love Barry Manilow!

He was on the farewell show to Kathie Lee Gifford last month and sadly he has pulled his face so tight, he no longer can really sing.
He was kinda just saying the words to "Can't Smile Without You".

** 10 years ago he was doing a concert on The Plaza on the Today Show and we were in Dean & Delucca's, he turned looked at me and waved, I was freaking out, my husband was hysterical at me acting like a schoolgirl, he was yes, yes, I saw it too! It was great!

Dh and I saw him in concert at Las Vegas a couple of months ago. He has a residency at the Westgate Resort. Let me tell you he rocked that stage! The entire audience were on their feet dancing along and screaming. What surprised me most was that a good amount of people in the audience were easily under 30 years of age and I believe a few teenagers as well! He spoke about his childhood and his journey to fame and came across as a very sincere person. Something I didn't know but before "Mandy" was released and made him a star he used to write jingles for commercials in the early 1970's. He asked us if we knew his first big musical hit and then the music to the jingle "I am stuck on band aid brand cause band aid's stuck on me" (if you know that commercial) started playing and he started singing it. The audience roared with laughter!

I love you guys! My first thought was Barry Manilow when I saw the thread, and I'm so psyched that there are other fans out there!

I don't know why some of you feel your choices are guilty pleasures you should be saying them loud and proud :rockband:

I'm going to have to go with Ozzy. If he or Black Sabbath come on, the radio goes up and my singing tunes everyone that complains out.

Michael Bolton! God I love Michael Bolton. When I play his songs, I sing along like I am at the Grammy Awards.

I actually saw him in concert back in August and forced my sister-in-law to come along. We were the youngest ones there but it was a blast. Man, can Michael Bolton sing!

Inspired by Low-Key

Who is the one that you will listen straight through no matter who complains?

For me it's Andy Gibb- he was my first crush and no matter what I am doing, when he starts singing to me I am going to stop and listen.

Andy Gibb for me too!! Last year on the 30th anniversary of his death a new CD was released with all of his best songs. I bought two!! I listen to at least part of it everyday in my car!!! Love his voice!!

Count me in as an Andy Gibb fan as well! My locker at school was lined with his posters. He was such a good looking man and by all accounts I have read a very kind, warm hearted person as well. At one point in time he had the world at his feet but, like so many others, drugs took a hold and destroyed him. Sometimes I youtube his music because sadly he is all but forgotten on the radio. Thanks, op, for bringing his name up.

I have read the same things about how kind and generous he was. There are quite a few youtube videos of him singing for various telethons, he was always giving of his time. So sad about the drugs. After everything I have read on him, I think if he had been born later when there was more of an awareness of how to treat depression, he could have gotten mental health help instead of turning to drugs and self medicating.

Yes, he is pretty forgotten on the radio, last summer we were vacationing on the west coast and had gone into a fast food place and I was shocked when one his songs came on!! I think he might still hold a record for being the only artist to have his first three singles go straight to #1.

I was rockin’ some ABBA on the way home from work today. As a child of the 70’s, I still listen to ABBA, Carpenters, Bee Gees, Barry Manilow, even John Denver. They are my oldies but goodies.

But for guilty pleasure, it’s not an artist but a genre. I love musicals. Classic Broadway, current Broadway, movie and TV musicals . . .it’s difficult to find one I don’t like. Of course, being a Disney fan Disney soundtracks are a big favorite, but if you look at the music I have easy access to, you’ll see Smash, Fiddler on the Roof, My Fair Lady, Phantom of the Opera . . .and yes, I sing along (so long as no one can hear me ;)). There’s just something about belting out a show tune that makes a person feel happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter