Your favorite "extra" event?

DAH without a doubt. Did it in 2016, 2017 and 2018 and although it was definitely busier in March 2018 than May 2016, still a fantastic event.

I hae done a few extra things and I have loved them all

I have done countless deset party at the MK maybe 8-10 and HS one once.

DAH 2x

altiment day of thrils VIP 2x

behind the seed tour 1 time

the AP preview of toy story land ( did not pay for this but it was amazing)

the EPCOT AP event ( again did not pay)

look for what you like do you like rides fire works and then see if disney has a tour for this. they are all good

I've done several extra events. In order of what I liked most to least (although not really least, I liked them all).

DAH - Did this at MK in August and it was amazing. We covered so many attractions and the park was empty, we waited for nothing. I can't wait to try the DHS and AK version of DAH (hoping dates get extended into our trip next year).
MNSSHP - I love the party exclusive things like the shows, fireworks and parades
Star Wars Galactic Spectacular dessert party - Now that they have added seating to this party, it is my favourite of the dessert parties.
EMM Fantaslyand - I love 7DMT, so being able to ride it 10 times in a row in less than an hour, is amazing. I also find the breakfast buffet here pretty good. I also did the HS version 3 years ago and loved it, so I imagine the current one with Toy Story Land is probably great too. I'll be trying it on our next trip.
Hallowishes Dessert Party - really liked getting samplings of all the exclusive party snack options
HEA Dessert Party - I've done the terrace version and the after party garden version and both have their benefits. I love the terrace because I like to be able to sit and relax and have my desserts. I also really like the after fireworks garden version because it takes up a lot less time, but with the full benefit of the same food.
Frozen Dessert Party - I like the seating and the food at this party and the table along the water for Illuminations is really nice. I only rank this one below the MK party because it's less difficult to find a good viewing spot without the party seating at EP. Also, the Frozen ride is not a draw for my family at all. If you have Frozen fans, then I think the value of this one goes way up the list with the exclusive ride after the park closes.

I've also done some tours, not sure if you were looking for feedback on those as well
Family Magic Tour in MK - It's a guided scavenger hunt through MK that is prefect for younger kids. I would say age 5 - 8 is the sweet spot on age for this one
Family VIP Tour - I think this one has changed a bit from the one we did a few years back, but it's 7 hours guided through key attractions in 3 different parks. It is great for kids or those who aren't into the more thrilling type rides
Ultimate Night of Adventure at AK - Loved this tour so much. It's not a tour so much in information shared, it's more a guided group through the fastpass lines of all the main attractions at AK, but you do get the benefit of guides who like to share their experiences and some Disney info. It includes food from Satu'li Canteen and reserved seating for ROL. A great way to cover a lot of ground in AK in just 4 hours.
Caring for Giants - Backstage tour of the elephant area of the Safari, led by one of the elephant keepers. This is a great experience for dabbling with tours because it's only an hour long and relatively inexpensive at only around $30/person.
Behind the Seeds - This walking tour through the greenhouses at Living with the Land is a great add on if you enjoy that attraction. Like Caring for Giants, it is a short and inexpensive add on.
Wild Africa Trek - This tour is fantastic! Climbing the rope bridges over the crocs and hippos gives you a great perspective on the animals and the tour guides are amazing here. Also includes a nice snack out on the savanna.

We have done a few "extra" events, and enjoyed them all.

We do the Fantasyland EMM every time we visit, so this is probably our favorite extra. We have done the Halloween Party a couple of times now, and enjoy it. We did a villains party which was fun too. I really enjoyed the Magic Behind Our Steam Trains tour! We also did the Behind the Seeds tour. While I enjoyed that, I didn't enjoy it quite as much as the steam train tour.

@GillianP1301
Great review, great info!
:thanks:

You people quit talking about how good MK DAH is..... shhhhh
..... :ssst:
I know, right?
I'm fearful it will become like the Halloween and Christmas parties, overcrowded... :scared1:

Oh that's right, the lines for this event were sooooo llloooonnnngggg I did nothing had no ice cream or popcorn. Or fun at all ;)

Now off to confession..
I am heartily sorry, NOT! Now, for penance give away one Mickey bar and share 3 boxes of popcorn! 8-)

My favorite tour ever was canceled...
We did the Segway tour at EPCOT, and it is still my favorite tour. I LOVED seeing the WS before opening and the tour guide was incredibly knowledgeable. Those countries look amazing when you get to see them without the hordes!

ETA: I still haven't figured how to do multiple wuotes, lol! So, forgive my bold quotes!

Last edited:
Early morning magic is our favorite at MK. We've been doing it since it started and we're booked for 11/13. Just wish it was longer, like opened up earlier.

Club Villain!

I was away from the boards for a while so I don’t know if there’s been discussion about where it went or if it will be back. But it was amazing. It sets the bar for unique events, in my opinion. From the food to the theming to the characters...amazing.

DAH at MK has been my favourite too. The amount of rides you can get done is awesome, I headed right to pirates when it started and rode 3 times in a row. I’m also a huge fan of the frozen bananas- I ate more than a few. :banana:

I liked it so much I’m doing it again on my upcoming trip. To me, it’s 100% worth the money.

MNSSHP I quite liked, but DAH is better. Still in love with those grave diggers in the parade!

HEA dessert party - meh. I’m have dietary restrictions so it’s a pretty lacklustre selection for me. I do keep booking these thing though because I hate scoping out fireworks spots. I’m still considering it for MVMCP because I’m taking my dad and he has issues standing for that amount of time.

I’ve also booked the Tony’s party at MVMCP for my upcoming trip, so I’ll report back on that one :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter