You use your popcorn bucket for what????

Now I'm intrigued. I'll have to do a search for Disney popcorn buckets and see what I'm come up with.

Edited -- Ok, I love the photos that came up for these!! The popcorn buckets are officially on my list of things to collect!! It's wonderful the way the lid is designed to stay attached to the handle!

I love this thread! Our bucket from last year sat on top of my frig for the longest time until I gave it to DS to store his chore money in.

I'm definately getting one this year. I love the idea to use it for popcorn at home. Why didn't I think of that one before :confused3 The kids love to eat popcorn!

Do the designs vary from park to park? Will it differ from last year? The one we have has Mickey in a rocketship (I think........)

We found that they usually have the same design all year based on the theme at all the parks at least for the past 2-3 years- but have special designs during Halloween and Christmas. There is also a different bucket for the carmel corn. This year the general design is the muppets Give a Day with a light green handle and lid.

Do the designs vary from park to park? Will it differ from last year? The one we have has Mickey in a rocketship (I think........)

They used to differ from park to park, last year they were all the same for some reason.

We have one from each park and DTD, plus one from when MGM became HS and 2 from parties, one from last year and a few from YOMD. I think our 'collection' has grown to around 12 buckets.

Anyway we bring a few with us each time to WDW. We don't often buy the popcorn in the parks so we just fill them each morning with micro popcorn and hang them off the stroller handles. Saves time and money. The kids know they are there for the taking and just grab a bucket when they want a quick snack.

Also we use them at home for movie night.

Since we do re-use them for food, I don't use the buckets for any other purpose.

We have used them for many things but primarily we keep guinea pig food in one lol.

We have also used them to save changes and bills for our next trip! We have one for our daughter for her savings to spend at the parks and the other one we save towards our next trip. One time we saved over $350 in change and bills and paid for our rental car for the three weeks we went that year. That was several years ago before the rental car prices spiked!

I heard that at Animal Kingdom the popcorn buckets were refillable but only there is that true?

We got ours in the Chester and Hester area at AK. I use it to store m&m's for the kids, usually. Love the nice tight fitting lid...no one but me can open it. :lmao:

Anybody know what they look like right now? Can't wait to get three more in May!

We did not get one this trip so no pics but I can tell you what was on them when we went in Feb they had the muppets on them and they had the Give a day Get a Day stuff on them with a Kemit the Frog green lid.

It is our change bucket to save for our next trip! pluto::yay:
ME TOO!!! I found out that each will hold 225-330 (depending on the change). I have 6 buckets and I plan on filling them all up before we go. We never spend change and I actually try and exchange my bills for change whenever it is convenient.

so excited right now!! I never thought to use them for other things and I could kick myself for throwing them out -- especially with all the popcorn I eat! That's just one more reason I NEED to go back soon LOL

I keep school supplies (markers, crayons, scissors, etc.) in them. The students in the class love when I bring back another bucket to the classroom. There are so many buckets now and they are getting out of control, so I need more ideas!:rotfl2:

We found that they usually have the same design all year based on the theme at all the parks at least for the past 2-3 years- but have special designs during Halloween and Christmas. There is also a different bucket for the carmel corn. This year the general design is the muppets Give a Day with a light green handle and lid.

We got this one at DHS but at MK we got a clear one w/sparkles and a minkey on it. It was very cute!

We have tons and use them mainly for popcorn, the kids have thier faves. We have them from DL, US and Lego land as well!

We got this one at DHS but at MK we got a clear one w/sparkles and a minkey on it. It was very cute!

We have tons and use them mainly for popcorn, the kids have thier faves. We have them from DL, US and Lego land as well!

Was the clear bucket from 2010?

Ours are all from Christmas (so far--next trip is planned for spring 2011). I use them each year as cookie and candy tins. All the goodies I make for the holidays are put in them. This past year we made Amish Caramel Popcorn so they were perfect for storage!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter