You find yourself at WDW - DVC with your choice of resort - 2BR, 6 people....

Which WDW-DVC Resort for 6 people - 2BR - You,spouse, MIL/FIL, 2 kids

• OKW - need the space!!!

• BWV - need to party on the boardwalk!!!

• BCV - need to get to Epcot Fast (to get away from in-laws)

• VWL - easy to lose people on the jogging path

• SSR - need to escape to DTD

Results are only viewable after voting.

jaysue

DIS Veteran
You, spouse, MIL and FIL and your two kids....which resort do you pick and why.....?

Originally posted by jaysue
You, spouse, MIL and FIL and your two kids....which resort do you pick and why.....?

fam03.gif
OKW hands down.MIL and FIL enjoy it more.

For most anyone else, I'd say OKW. Why? It's your in-laws -- impress the heck outta 'em with the grand spaciousness of OKW and easy livin' atmosphere. They will think their kid did all right to marry such a savvy vacationer....

HOWEVER.... I should note that if I can ever get MY MIL/FIL to join us, we would definitely opt for BCV. The atmosphere and theming is simply something I know they would appreciate. They would like OKW (heck, anywhere DVC!) but I think BCV would be their real cup of tea.

BCV. OKW is spacious, and it is my home resort, so I do love it there. However, with the mix of people you describe, there is more that will appeal to a wide range of age groups at the BCV. For the adults...easy access to Epcot, MGM, the Boardwalk. For the kids...SAB.

With MIL and FIL comming, you'l need the room, and the laid-back setting. Do a day or night trip to BW if you need the action. good luck! :D

BCV

Close to Epcot--and I have to go there EVERY day!

Stormalong Bay-a great way to relax

BVC. The large fresh flower arrangements and greetings are very nice when you first walk into the BC lobby. Quiet, yet plenty to do. Lots of internal room throughout the resort for rainy days in FL. Love the theming. Tons of restaraunt choices close by.

Hey jaysue! I'm voting! ;)
I went with BCV. Close to Epcot for dinner, SAB for your little ones. (Sandcastle time with Nana & Papa... Depending on when you're going your youngest might enjoy sitting in the sand?)
Theming has that Nana & Papa feel... I took my Mom to both VWL & BCV llast trip to check them out and she LOVED BCV. Loved the feel of it.

You forgot to add the - whichever one is available. As long as it is DVC and on WDW - I don't care. I love them all.

Gee, you left out the option I'd pick. MIL and FIL at SSR, and the rest of us at VWL! :p

We are going in October with my Parents(non inlaws), my DD, DS and DH. All six of us are staying in a 2 bedroom at BCV, I also got my step-siter and her DH and 2 kids a one bedroom there as well. The reason we chose BCV was it is our home resort and we wanted to show it off.

I hear OKW is quite a bit larger, so if it was my inlaws I would probably go there. (like that would happen, but this is hypothetical)

My husband must have done something wonderful if I agreed to take my inlaws, so as long as we are dreaming, can I dream he just added on a huge sum of points???!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I chose BCV as well, because my parents love the place! We are doing exactly as you say in 51 days. My parents, husband and 2 kids at BCV. We are even giving my parents the master bedroom since it is their first trip home. In the future, we plan on a 1 bedroom for them and a 2 bedroom for our family, but we were trying to conserve points for our big family trip in May!

With 6 people in a 2 bedroom, I definately need my space!!! OKW!

Since my IL's grew up in a time and place when going to Atlantic City was their vacation choice, BWV's is the perfect match. Start with a warm feeling of nostalgia coupled with a beautiful location and quiet pool, a great beginning. Close enough to EPCOT & MGM, enough activity at night that is an easy walk, good food and the mini-brewary would suit them just fine. This would allow them to be with the family when they wanted and time to themselves if needed.

Yes, the think we are brillant.

Sandy

I hardly need to party on the Boardwalk...especially after a day in the parks with my kids and in-laws ... LOL!

My reason for choosing the BW is the relatively short walk to BW and MGM.

We stayed once in OKW w/ my parents and our 2 kids. The extra space was nice, but not worth the extra bus time IMHO. We've stayed at the BW ever since.

Granny -- that is funny! Now should I be so cynical to infer that FIL and MIL are not coming on this trip since SSR is not open yet :)

I picked OKW for space, laid back, quieter atmoshpere.

We have actually done this a couple different times with both sets of parents and stayed at OKW, BWV and BCV. The winner in our group was BWV - location, everyone loved it for different reasons. A very close 2nd was OKW, size and being able to get away from it all.

Ha! I am the in-laws and they are my points getting us the two bedroom ! I took my DS, DIL, and 3 grandkids to the BCV. I was fine, and if they weren't, well, too bad. Actually, I think that we all had a good time. There was enough room that we could escape to our rooms, the pool, or one of the quiet areas, and we did some things separate...I like to wander alone sometimes, and my husband likes to laze at the pool reading a book or take a nap. I would only stay somewhere else if I wanted to save points, a la OKW. Sandie

OK...I've done this with my mom and her hubbie and my 4 kids...BWV is our home resort and we loved it and so did they ....they were very impressed....

facebook twitter