You can now upload a picture directly in to your post!

Awesome! Several wonderful people on the Creative DISigns board helped me with wonderful graphics for pressed penny containers, family t-shirts, autograph pages and I wanted to post pictures in a "thanks" thread. . . I never got around to opening a photobucket account and linking from there, but now I'll easily be able to add them directly from my computer. Thanks!

Click upload a file, pic your files and thumbnail (will expand when it's clicked on) or full size
I LOOOOVE this feature!
smiley-dance012.gif

I no longer have to pop random screenshots into my personal ftp site to have them appear.

You can also simply drag the image into your post or your avatar. This is a GREAT improvement and will make image posting to photo-laden threads so much easier:thanks::disrocks:
Love it! Totally works!!

Tried a little gif with no problem. I'm going to try one of the largest ones I have on my file system (here at work; lots of pics at home) and see if it works.
Hmm.. tried twice and it appears to take over the screen and I lose my reply box. Will try this huge one via the upload a file button.

Indeed it was too large! Trying a smaller one

Attachments

• IMG_mom.jpg
    IMG_mom.jpg
    843 KB · Views: 33

That worked. Original file size on that picture was 2,532K and it was refused. 843K was accepted. Just a guess but I bet there's a 1MB limit on picture uploads :)

Ok, using the built in tools, nothing fancy.
First make a copy of the picture you want to resize.
  • Open the file Explorer window(windows+e; or right click the start button and chose explore)
  • Go to the folder the picture is in; where ever you have it saved.
  • In the top right make sure the view is 'Details' so you can see the file size.
  • You want the picture to be less than 1,000 KB (I'm guessing here)
  • select the file and then hit the keys (together) CONTROL and C (that copies the file)
  • then hit the keys (together) CONTROL and V (that will paste the file with a new name that is just like the old one with ' - copy' behind it
  • Optional: rename the file by hitting F2 and typing in the new name
Now you're ready to edit the copied file
See the screen prints I'm uploading
1_editpics.jpg 2_editpics.jpg 3_editpics.jpg

The first picture shows how to open the file into the PAINT program to edit it. You can also see its filesize off to the right (843. This is the one I already resized. But above it you can see the one it was originally was 2,532KB and that's the one I resized)

The second picture shows how it looks opened in Paint. It's huge, you can only see the top corner of it.

The third picture shows how you click RESIZE, and then you can change the percentage. You can guess and go for 75%, or smaller. Depends how huge it is to start!
I resized that picture to 50%.

Then you save and you can look at the explorer window again to see how small it is. If it's under 1,000K then you are good to go!

OK, I have to test this!

dopey.gif

I like it!

mickey hee.gif

Is this going to overload the servers with Trip Report photos??

Sayhello

Ok, using the built in tools, nothing fancy.
First make a copy of the picture you want to resize.
  • Open the file Explorer window(windows+e; or right click the start button and chose explore)
  • Go to the folder the picture is in; where ever you have it saved.
  • In the top right make sure the view is 'Details' so you can see the file size.
  • You want the picture to be less than 1,000 KB (I'm guessing here)
  • select the file and then hit the keys (together) CONTROL and C (that copies the file)
  • then hit the keys (together) CONTROL and V (that will paste the file with a new name that is just like the old one with ' - copy' behind it
  • Optional: rename the file by hitting F2 and typing in the new name
Now you're ready to edit the copied file
See the screen prints I'm uploading
View attachment 203 View attachment 204 View attachment 208

The first picture shows how to open the file into the PAINT program to edit it. You can also see its filesize off to the right (843. This is the one I already resized. But above it you can see the one it was originally was 2,532KB and that's the one I resized)

The second picture shows how it looks opened in Paint. It's huge, you can only see the top corner of it.

The third picture shows how you click RESIZE, and then you can change the percentage. You can guess and go for 75%, or smaller. Depends how huge it is to start!
I resized that picture to 50%.

Then you save and you can look at the explorer window again to see how small it is. If it's under 1,000K then you are good to go!

Believe it or not, I actually understood all that! Thanks.

But it seems like a lot of work to put in for each picture. I think I'll just keep using my photo-hosting site to download and paste the IMG code, as that still seems to work.

Believe it or not, I actually understood all that! Thanks.

But it seems like a lot of work to put in for each picture. I think I'll just keep using my photo-hosting site to download and paste the IMG code, as that still seems to work.
YAY!!

But you only have to do that if your picture is too big.

And instead of checking the file size, you can always attempt to upload first. If it's too big, you'll get the error that you can't upload and you can turn to your photo hosting site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!