- Apr 22, 2000
Love it! Totally works!!You can also simply drag the image into your post or your avatar. This is a GREAT improvement and will make image posting to photo-laden threads so much easier
I was actually surprised to see such a high (I'm *guessing* 1MB, but it definately allowed 800K) limit to the attachments!
Believe it or not, I actually understood all that! Thanks.Ok, using the built in tools, nothing fancy.
First make a copy of the picture you want to resize.
Now you're ready to edit the copied file
- Open the file Explorer window(windows+e; or right click the start button and chose explore)
- Go to the folder the picture is in; where ever you have it saved.
- In the top right make sure the view is 'Details' so you can see the file size.
- You want the picture to be less than 1,000 KB (I'm guessing here)
- select the file and then hit the keys (together) CONTROL and C (that copies the file)
- then hit the keys (together) CONTROL and V (that will paste the file with a new name that is just like the old one with ' - copy' behind it
- Optional: rename the file by hitting F2 and typing in the new name
See the screen prints I'm uploading
View attachment 203 View attachment 204 View attachment 208
The first picture shows how to open the file into the PAINT program to edit it. You can also see its filesize off to the right (843. This is the one I already resized. But above it you can see the one it was originally was 2,532KB and that's the one I resized)
The second picture shows how it looks opened in Paint. It's huge, you can only see the top corner of it.
The third picture shows how you click RESIZE, and then you can change the percentage. You can guess and go for 75%, or smaller. Depends how huge it is to start!
I resized that picture to 50%.
Then you save and you can look at the explorer window again to see how small it is. If it's under 1,000K then you are good to go!
YAY!!Believe it or not, I actually understood all that! Thanks.
But it seems like a lot of work to put in for each picture. I think I'll just keep using my photo-hosting site to download and paste the IMG code, as that still seems to work.