You can now upload a picture directly in to your post!

whew!! It was huge a second ago, wasn't sure how you got it in that big.

'how bout now' looks great!

Now I need to know what camera / setting you took that fabulous picture of.

You even switched pictures there, Phyllis! So pretty. I've never ridden the boat from the boardwalk.

whew!! It was huge a second ago, wasn't sure how you got it in that big.

'how bout now' looks great!

Now I need to know what camera / setting you took that fabulous picture of.
Thanks .. mind you i'm not sure which picture you're seeing ... i'll get used to this soon (i hope) Our camera is just a very basic point & shoot Canon Elph. That was me during our FP+ for wishes, I just sat on the lawn with my camera at chest level constantly hitting the shutter. Didn't even look at them till the next day --- all 300 of them :D

Ok, using the built in tools, nothing fancy.
First make a copy of the picture you want to resize.
  • Open the file Explorer window(windows+e; or right click the start button and chose explore)
  • Go to the folder the picture is in; where ever you have it saved.
  • In the top right make sure the view is 'Details' so you can see the file size.
  • You want the picture to be less than 1,000 KB (I'm guessing here)
  • select the file and then hit the keys (together) CONTROL and C (that copies the file)
  • then hit the keys (together) CONTROL and V (that will paste the file with a new name that is just like the old one with ' - copy' behind it
  • Optional: rename the file by hitting F2 and typing in the new name
Now you're ready to edit the copied file
See the screen prints I'm uploading
View attachment 203 View attachment 204 View attachment 208

The first picture shows how to open the file into the PAINT program to edit it. You can also see its filesize off to the right (843. This is the one I already resized. But above it you can see the one it was originally was 2,532KB and that's the one I resized)

The second picture shows how it looks opened in Paint. It's huge, you can only see the top corner of it.

The third picture shows how you click RESIZE, and then you can change the percentage. You can guess and go for 75%, or smaller. Depends how huge it is to start!
I resized that picture to 50%.

Then you save and you can look at the explorer window again to see how small it is. If it's under 1,000K then you are good to go!

You even switched pictures there, Phyllis! So pretty. I've never ridden the boat from the boardwalk.

Thanks! I can't believe how easy and time-saving this new method of posting photos is - it's definitely a huge improvement.

As to the photo itself, we stayed at the Yacht Club in October for a few days for the F&WF - the views from our balcony were so pretty!

:sunny:

Better still, you can just paste an image straight from your PC's clipboard, just like you do with text.

So just cut or copy a picture or cropped portion from anywhere you like (from your favourite photo viewer/editor, email program, word processor document, screen snipping tool, etc), and then simply press Control+V to paste it directly into your forum message.

Pasting screenshots is a piece of cake that way: :-)

upload_2015-2-2_21-26-29.png

Andre

ok that worked, full size way to big.

However the forum display code adjusts images to correctly fit into the user's current window (with a clickable option to enlarge it) so even if you post a really large photo it still won't overflow the width of anyone's screen. Try adjusting the width of your browser window while viewing this thread. Very logical way to dynamically handle oversize images.

Andre

Better still, you can just paste an image straight from your PC's clipboard, just like you do with text.

So just cut or copy a picture or cropped portion from anywhere you like (from your favourite photo viewer/editor, email program, word processor document, screen snipping tool, etc), and then simply press Control+V to paste it directly into your forum message.

Pasting screenshots is a piece of cake that way: :-)

View attachment 245

Andre
That's very cool about creating screenshots like that! Yay! :thumbsup2

Sayhello

You can also simply drag the image into your post or your avatar. This is a GREAT improvement and will make image posting to photo-laden threads so much easier:thanks::disrocks:

This would be a great feature, except that all of my photos seem to be too large to just drag in. I am having the hardest time trying to figure out how to resize them on my desktop PC. :(

This would be a great feature, except that all of my photos seem to be too large to just drag in. I am having the hardest time trying to figure out how to resize them on my desktop PC. :(
Did you see my instructions earlier in the thread?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter