You are a terrible parent!!!!!!

kidzmom3

<font color=green>DIS Veteran</font><br><font colo
Just thought I would throw that out there. Apparently on the disboards no matter what you do someone thinks your a bad parent.

Amen! Add me to the list of crappy parents. Apparently I missed the boat on the perfect husband, perfect marriage, perfect children, perfect budget. :rolleyes1

LMAO!! Me too, add me to the list! My bil, who has no kids, and wants no kids ever thinks so!! Don't you just love those type of people!! :lmao:

I wonder how long this thread will go before it turns into a debate about parenting :rolleyes1

Most people who tend to get this label are the ones that post a question like -- Is it okay to steal from Disney because I don't have much money? Is it okay to let my kid pee on the ground while they are in line at Disney? Is it okay to have someone save my place in line while I go get snacks? etc

The people that post and ask questions knowing what the "right" answer is but hoping to get their own poor behavior validated are the ones that usually get labeled "bad" parents.

I don't like to use that term ... I like to say that they aren't "bad", but just making poor choices, especially when it comes to setting an example for their children.

I wonder how long this thread will go before it turns into a debate about parenting :rolleyes1

no debates, just a support group. I am hoping it saves me from myself. I just shouldn't open those threads.

Most people who tend to get this label are the ones that post a question like -- Is it okay to steal from Disney because I don't have much money? Is it okay to let my kid pee on the ground while they are in line at Disney? Is it okay to have someone save my place in line while I go get snacks? etc

The people that post and ask questions knowing what the "right" answer is but hoping to get their own poor behavior validated are the ones that usually get labeled "bad" parents.

I don't like to use that term ... I like to say that they aren't "bad", but just making poor choices, especially when it comes to setting an example for their children.

Unfortunately, more and more, I see posters being labeled as a "bad parent" just for having a different parenting style.

I would like to submit my name as well; DD13 has had her hair dyed, had Heelys, and has a "boyfriend", so I'm SURE I qualify! :thumbsup2

I disagree with this; I really believe that no MATTER what question/issue you bring up, SOMEONE will think you're a bad parent. :rolleyes:

Yep I'm a bad parent because,

1. I let my 2 year old DD sleep in the bed with her daddy and I and don't plan on stopping until I think she's ready.
2. I bought DS a cell phone with unlimited text when he was 11.

Oh and at this very moment DD is spitting down her stomach and laughing and instead of correcting her I'm laughing with her!!!!!

I would like to submit my name as well; DD13 has had her hair dyed, had Heelys, and has a "boyfriend", so I'm SURE I qualify! :thumbsup2

As a parent of a soon to be 13 year old, who is dying to have her hair colored - (or I should say highlights done) what did she get done and how did it turn out?

How about me! It's a beautiful day, ds6 is on the couch watching cartoons, dd13 is watching TV in the kitchen getting frustrated filling water balloons, and I'm not helping (plus she's wearing a super short shredded denim minishirt - I swear I thought I was a skort before we went out today), and dd8 and dd6 are swimming in the pool unsupervised (actually, if I turn my head, I can see them out the window).

As a parent of a soon to be 13 year old, who is dying to have her hair colored - (or I should say highlights done) what did she get done and how did it turn out?

My girlie was 12 when she first had highlights put in her hair; by me with a home-highlighting kit. It came out REALLY awesome! She has normally golden blonde hair with darker streaks; we added some paler blonde and it really glitzed it up. :thumbsup2

:eek: Oh wait... no no! Bad parent! Should never! Not ever! Bad bad!! ;)

Welll, I'm a bad parent too because I sent DD8 to school this morning with wet hair! :scared1: She fell asleep last night before she had a chance to take a bath and she didn't even brush her teeth last night.. for shame!!

How about me! It's a beautiful day, ds6 is on the couch watching cartoons, dd13 is watching TV in the kitchen getting frustrated filling water balloons, and I'm not helping (plus she's wearing a super short shredded denim minishirt - I swear I thought I was a skort before we went out today), and dd8 and dd6 are swimming in the pool unsupervised (actually, if I turn my head, I can see them out the window).

Uh, no that's not why you're a bad parent. You're a bad parent because you didn't update your kids ages in your signature. :rotfl:

I let my kids drink juice boxes, eat handisnacks, ride a bike with no helmet, let them play football, ride bulls, and cross the street without holding my hand. (hey it's hard work dragging a 16 yo across the street. lol)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter