Yet another Solo DDE Dining Report, pics of course! DONE 3/1 pg 11

Marcia,

This is great! My DH and I are really enjoying each entry and all the pictures! Good times!

I noticed in your last post, the long stop at Tune in Lounge, that your friend David had the kids drink cups in his hand. Our DD has about four that are worn out from use, but we haven't seen them on our past two years of trips! I thought they had disappeared! Do you happen to remember what drink he was serving in those? They are great for her to use in the car and when she is not feeling well!

We would love to drop by and visit David during our Spring Break trip and order whatever we need to in order to get those cups again!

Keep up the great report! We are loving it!:thumbsup2

This review is great:thumbsup2

I'm doing a solo trip in a few days, and since I always take too many notes/pics, I just may try my own hand at writing a report when I get back. You've inspired me :goodvibes

I love the Pirate (skull and crossbones) t-shirt you have on in your pictures at Akershus! Where did you get it?

I have never, ever gotten drunk from reading a trip report, but, I am starting to feel a little tipsy right now. I should probably take some aspirin before I go to bed :rotfl: Keep it coming!

How many drinks do you think you have a day while at DW????

And you must spend like a thousand dollars a week on alcohol right???

We could be bff's!! =)

Wow You had quite a night !! Almost makes me wish I was a drinker !!:lmao: But I bet David could come up with some awesome non alcoholic cocktails ! I do love Virgin Mary's !!

oh yes, i have the BEST time! i'm sure david could make you a virgin mary!

Hmm--I'm definitely going to have to check out David, er the Tune In, next trip!

When are you going in March?

oh yeah, so check it out! march, i'm headed down the 3-11, though i prolly won't be in the parks at all on the 3rd.

Sounds like a very fun time :thumbsup2

oh yes, many many good times!

I think you & I would get along just fine.....:rotfl2:

we sure would! can we make our trips overlap, please!!??

Just got all caught up with your latest escapades - you go girl :worship: I will definitely have to stop by the Tune-In Lounge and check out David in October - he sounds like a riot.

I agree with Kathy, I think we would definitely get along - Grey Goose Slushie is one of my favourite drinks too (almost on a par with my beloved Skyy Berry Martini)

oh yes, david will love to meet you! mmm, grey goose slushie is so the best! skyy berry martini you say?? i may just have to try it!

Marcia - Are you going in October for F&WF? We have a group headed down mid October and we're trying to have a big DIS meet.

well, i'm truly thinking about it! my ap expires nov 11...soooooo, i've always wanted to do f&w....so quite possibly...let me know the dates! i'd love to DIS meet!

Marcia,

My brother and I sure have enjoyed your reviews. We feel like we would have a blast hanging out w/you! :thumbsup2

I have a question: Can you order the drinks without the glow cubes for a cheaper price? If so, do you know the prices?

Just like a drunk... trying to figure out gow to get the most booze for my money!! :lmao:

Anyway, you have the best DR on the DIS!!!

Todd

oh yes, i'm pretty sure you can order the drinks w/o the glow cubes. as far as i know, on their own, the glow cubes cost about $4, so i'm not sure what the price on a drink would be without it. but at least you could save a few bucks! and thanks! i really enjoy writing it up!

Tune In Lounge looks so fun. I definitely must check it out next time. And as TigerKat said, I think we'd get along just fine!! :laughing:

oh yes, so when is your next trip? i'd love to share a drink or 5!!!

Marcia,

This is great! My DH and I are really enjoying each entry and all the pictures! Good times!

I noticed in your last post, the long stop at Tune in Lounge, that your friend David had the kids drink cups in his hand. Our DD has about four that are worn out from use, but we haven't seen them on our past two years of trips! I thought they had disappeared! Do you happen to remember what drink he was serving in those? They are great for her to use in the car and when she is not feeling well!

We would love to drop by and visit David during our Spring Break trip and order whatever we need to in order to get those cups again!

Keep up the great report! We are loving it!:thumbsup2

um, probably what was served in those drinks was the kids specialty drinks...pirates punch possibly??? i *think* that's what it was. anywya, you can def get them at the 50's prime time, not sure of where else! good luck!

Your reviews were great! :worship: You know how to have a good time! Thanks for sharing!

thanks! i do have a great time, hapy to share!

This review is great:thumbsup2

I'm doing a solo trip in a few days, and since I always take too many notes/pics, I just may try my own hand at writing a report when I get back. You've inspired me :goodvibes

oh yes, i would love to see your trippie! i love pics and notes, good times!

I love the Pirate (skull and crossbones) t-shirt you have on in your pictures at Akershus! Where did you get it?

oh yes, that one, i got from target actually! it was in the guys section, i just got a size small. that's for a lot of the t-shirts i wear actually. thought the pirate one was particularly funny to wear with the princesses! LOL!

I have never, ever gotten drunk from reading a trip report, but, I am starting to feel a little tipsy right now. I should probably take some aspirin before I go to bed :rotfl: Keep it coming!

tee hee, glad to appease! hope you get some good drinks next time you're in the world!

How many drinks do you think you have a day while at DW????

And you must spend like a thousand dollars a week on alcohol right???

We could be bff's!! =)

oh i would love to be your BFF!!! um let's see, at least 2 and usually more than that drinks a day. no idea how much i spent! LOL!!! :rotfl2: but well, i know the amount i charged back to my room (including food, alcohol, and souvies) was about $800 for my last week-long excursion. helps to use the DDE (er, now TIW) card. soooo worth it!

Love your drinking reviews :lmao:

thank you! more to come soon!

and i must apologize to you all loyal readers! my social life at home has really picked up, i tend to be drinking at home *almost* as much as i drink at the world, LOL! ah, well, i'm in my late 20s, no responsibilities other than myself, so now's the time to live it up, eh? yeah ok, it's 11:40pm and i was drunk at 9pm this evening (thanks to my buddy and me meeting up for dinner at 7, the same one i went to the wedding with...love that boy!). so anyway, i will be putting up another installment shortly! and i hope that the lag until the next one won't be as long! love you guys!

Flying Fish, dinner, 11.17.08

So I had made the decision earlier in the night that I would make my way over to the Boardwalk, to Flying Fish, for a late dinner this night. Why I didn't just eat at the Tune In Lounge Bar, I'm not sure. Probably since I had had such a wonderful experience with dinner at the FF in May, and I sincerely wanted to return. I also knew I could easily sit at the bar if no tables were available.

So I left MGM at 7:55 and checked into Flying Fish at 8:10pm. They seated me at the "cooking place" type area, which was right in front of the cooking area, kinda similar to Jiko. Anyway, I was seated at 8:20, and my luck, I was greeted by the same bartender/waitress I had back in May! Lorna! Adorable and awesome, and she at least pretended to remember me!

Aaaaanyway, I ordered a drink right away, of course, even though David figured I wouldn't be served. Silly David! Waitresses want the tip money! LOL! Anyway, I ordered a special, which was a Harvest Spiced Apple. Don't remember exactly what was in it, but probably some kind of cider and some kind of alcohol. Yeah, I know, not too specific, LOL! I apologize. Maybe it's on one of the following menus
pic080.jpg

pic081.jpg

pic082.jpg

pic083.jpg

Anyway, so here's my drink. It was really good.
pic084.jpg

Then I was delivered the gorgeous bread basket and amazing butter. This stuff was amazing! I had to stop myself at half a piece, since I knew I had much food to come!
pic086.jpg

Also got a couple pics of the sight in front of me
pic087.jpg

pic088.jpg

So, I'm kinda boring. I ended up ordering the same thing I got when I was here in May. Well, for the most part. I had dessert in May (since I was on the Deluxe Dining Plan), but not on this night. Anyway, so for an appetizer, I got the Crab Cake - Flying Fish Cafe Crisp Jonah Lump Crab Cake - savory vegetable slaw, roasted red pepper coulis, ancho chili remoulade. So, so, so good! As good as I remembered!
pic089.jpg

Before my main meal came, it was time for another drink. Another Harvest Spiced Apple, please! Num, num, num!
pic090.jpg

Another picture of the cooking area
pic091.jpg

And one of the bar, where Lorna was busy making delicious drinks
pic092.jpg

And for my main meal, I could not resist the scallops over seasonal risotto. Aaaaaaah-mazing. I know, you hear a lot about the potato-crusted snapper, but well, I can't seem to pull myself away from the scallops! Delicious! In May, it was Pea risotto, here I think it was pumpkin or something similar. So so good, both times!
pic093.jpg

I remember in May, Lorna told me the scallops were cooked medium, and asked it that was okay, and in May, they were amazing that way, so when she asked me this time, I again assured here that medium would be perfect! And so it was. At the end of the meal, I asked Lorna if we could get a pick together, and she obliged me
pic094.jpg

Love, love, love Flying Fish, love Lorna, love the Crab Cakes and Scallops, and will most definitely be back! Not sure if I'll make it on my March trip, but I'm sure going to try!

Can't recommend this place highly enough. I know if you're on the DDP, it's 2 credits, but really, it's soooooo worth it! Gets the Marcia stamp of approval :thumbsup2

next up: Sci-Fi lunch

Love your drink reviews!Just wanted to throw that in LOL.. What is your favorite drink in WDW?
It looks like you're having so much fun. Iam dying for a Grey Goose Slushy:upsidedow . Flying Fish looks wonderful! Very enjoyable trip review:)

Flying Fish does look amazing. Definitely on my list for an upcoming trip!! Thanks for including the menu. Look at all those drink choices!! :faint: and :cloud9:

Yum yum yum FF! Cannot wait to go back there in Oct! We ate there this past Oct and I was able to order the snapper with the pumpkin risotto from the scallops and man was it fantastic! Must try the scallops the next time

LOVE your report on FF! I'm on my 2nd glass of pinot noir and wish I had the Apple thingy! That sounds right up my alley! I am basing our ADR's in April on you delicious drink report...FF is now a must! I hope they have the apple thingy then! Keep it up! Good Times!:thumbsup2

FF looked wonderful! DH & I are trying to decide where we're going for our anniversary dinner in July, Flying Fish & Bistro are the top contenders at the moment :goodvibes

forgive me please! i'm back again! i really promise to finish this before the next trip!

Love your drink reviews!Just wanted to throw that in LOL.. What is your favorite drink in WDW?
It looks like you're having so much fun. Iam dying for a Grey Goose Slushy:upsidedow . Flying Fish looks wonderful! Very enjoyable trip review:)

favorite drink...probably the grey goose slushie. very very good :)

Flying Fish does look amazing. Definitely on my list for an upcoming trip!! Thanks for including the menu. Look at all those drink choices!! :faint: and :cloud9:

oh yes, love it, can't wait to go back!

Yum yum yum FF! Cannot wait to go back there in Oct! We ate there this past Oct and I was able to order the snapper with the pumpkin risotto from the scallops and man was it fantastic! Must try the scallops the next time

ooh, that sounds fabulous! maybe i'll have to try that next time!

LOVE your reviews! :)

thanks!

LOVE your report on FF! I'm on my 2nd glass of pinot noir and wish I had the Apple thingy! That sounds right up my alley! I am basing our ADR's in April on you delicious drink report...FF is now a must! I hope they have the apple thingy then! Keep it up! Good Times!:thumbsup2

oh yay, so glad i could help you decide! hope you guys have a great trip!

FF looked wonderful! DH & I are trying to decide where we're going for our anniversary dinner in July, Flying Fish & Bistro are the top contenders at the moment :goodvibes

oooh, bistro. one of these days, i *will* get there. sounds wonderful. probably a bit quieter than FF, if that matters to ya!

ok, so yes, sci fi lunch, coming coming coming!

Sci Fi, lunch, 11.18.08

Since I had been spending so much time at the 50's/Tune In Lounge, and had already done Brown Derby, I figured I may as well give the Sci Fi a try. I had been there years earlier on family trips, and really didn't remember much about it. Only that it was a cool atmosphere. And well, even though it doesn't get the best food reviews, I figured it couldn't hurt to give it a try.

So after spending some time enjoying the park, I checked into Sci Fi as soon as they opened for my 11:30 ADR. I specified that I would like to sit in a car, not the other table thingys. So I was obliged. And seated promptly.

You know me, so first things first, bring me a drink! Haha, yes, not even noon, but hey, it was lunch! So I ordered the Comet - rum, vodka, gin and tequila topped off with sour mix and cranberry juice. Sounds good to me! Oh and so pretty! First no flash, then flash
pic013.jpg

pic014.jpg

My waitress noticed me taking pics (ha, not like I try to hide it anyway!), and asked if I wanted one of me. Sure, do it up! Make sure to get that yummy drink in there too!
pic015.jpg

I knew I wanted to order the tofu dish for my main meal, as I had heard decent things about it, but wasn't sure how filling it would be. So I decided to get an appy as well. Good thing too, it was delish! What did I get, you ask? Well, the Spinach and Artichoke Dip - A blend of Monterey Jack, swiss, and asiago with spinach, artichokes, and corn tortilla chips.
pic016.jpg

Like I said, delish, so so good! I didn't expect to, but I finished it off! Oh man, couldn't help myself. Tee hee.

Anyway, so yeah, the tofu dish. Seared Marinated Tofu - With mango glaze, fresh vegetables and white rice. It was okay. Could have had more taste to it, maybe doesn't get "marinated" long enough. As I know, tofu is pretty tasteless on its own. So it really matters what it absorbs.
pic017.jpg

Meh, it was alright. I didn't want dessert either, so I was disappointed overall in the meal. As I walked back over to the Tune In Lounge, I thought how I would have much rathered just eat at the bar. I shared this thought with David, and he just laughed at me and served me a water. Telling me that he was pacing me. See, he knew how much I drank the day before, and well, we had plans to go out later...ESPN Zone and Jellyrolls!

So yeah, probably won't go back to Sci Fi. Glad I did it as an "adult", since I didn't really remember it from growing up. But yeah, I'll stick with the Brown Derby and the 50's/Tune In from now on.

next up: dinner @ESPN (no pics, sorry!), and Jellyrolls

A new update:) Yeah, tofu is tricky..it all depends on the veggies or protein and spices it's cooked with. The Comet looks yummy.

Glad you're back! :) It all looks pretty yummy but I can't say that tofu has ever appealed to me. That dip, however, looks quite good. Maybe I'll just pop in for a snack sometime!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter