• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yee Haw Bob Sexual Harrassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a difference between letting someone speak their piece and not jumping in to immediately declare them a liar. Doing so without making any comment about the allegations or the alleged perpetrator is far from a witch hunt. I have no idea who any of these people in this incident are -- but then again apparently so many with an opinion don't either as they can't decide what are the appropriate initials for one of them. Gives so much confidence in the vociferous opinions expressed for or against either party.

You are aware the accuser (MSM) and the originator of this thread BOTH spelled the name of the accused incorrectly? Or are you so superior and comfy sitting in your lofty perch that you didn't check?

Last edited:
Maybe CYBER BULLYING is more appropriate than Witch Hunt? YES or No question .. should it be legal for anyone to harass another out of their job after the employer of the accused has made a decision in the employee's favor, just because the harasser (MSM) opted out of the opportunity to take her case higher (police) at the time?

YES or NO please

Last edited:
What's the saying, 2 wrongs don't make a right.
No, what Michelle is doing is not right under any circumstance.
Even if Bob did grope her intentionally, a smear campaign is wrong. Period. She doesn't get to be judge, jury and executioner (to his career)

What the terms are for what she's doing? I'm not sure. I tend to think of Bullying as something else, just as I tend to think of Assault as something else. Both what she's asking to do to him and what she's claimed he did to her are grey areas I suppose.
Inappropriate Touching yes. Assault no.
Bullying, no. Harassment, maybe that's better description. She's harassing him and asking others to

What's got to be grabbed for it to go from one or the other?

Is "inappropriate touching" acceptable?
Not that I can speak for anyone but myself, It is going to be more than a touch on top of clothes before it crosses to assault. It's not where, it's how. I guess.
Sort of like how a slap to a cheek is not the same as a punch so hard that the cheek bone is broken

As for the bold, I am not sure what you mean. Do you mean is it ok to inappropriately touch someone? No. Not at any time. Believe that's been said by everyone

In this instance I have said several times that if it came out that it was shown he is a habitual/intentional butt grabber my opinion/position on the matter would change. The one report as provided thus far just doesn't fall in to place as an intentional assault
Sorry... I was talking about a VERY famous man who was accused over and over of inappropriate behavior and rape, yet was protected by his peers and notably his wife.

What's got to be grabbed for it to go from one or the other? Is "inappropriate touching" acceptable?

i think you have to look at the circumstance....grown woman, fully clothed, in public: a few second over the clothes grab in front of many people allegedly by a man who is a stranger with no hold over her in any way. Assault? No, imo What would be her damages? A few seconds of a hand squeezed her, that should not equal lifelong trauma in this instance.

If you find that anyone has links to recounts of incidents let us know if you don't mind. I don't follow, or plan to follow, these people.

The only other forum post I can find via Google is forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/yehaa-bob-jackson-accused-of-inappropriately-touching-wdw-guest.935857/ which has about seven fairly neutral reponses. This is so strange, as while I don't know Michelle well, I would otherwise trust Mike Scopa as being reputable and truthful.

Andre

Mike Scopa has posted on Facebook that "more and more women are coming out with the exact same story" on other (unnamed) Disney websites, including someone else having been offered $500 "compensation". He hasn't provided any names or links to these posts though. Here is what he wrote https://www.facebook.com/mike.scopa/posts/10155921052049732 anyway.

Andre
LOL, DIS shout out from FB! :wave:

If there are more women, I would like to hear directly from them. At this point Mike is simply playing telephone tag with their stories and calling on his followers to email Disney on hearsay.

The only other forum post I can find via Google is forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/yehaa-bob-jackson-accused-of-inappropriately-touching-wdw-guest.935857/ which has about seven fairly neutral reponses. This is so strange, as while I don't know Michelle well, I would otherwise trust Mike Scopa as being reputable and truthful.

Andre
The post you link to apparently refers only to the same alleged incident described at the top of this thread.

Andre

The post you link to apparently refers only to the same alleged incident described at the top of this thread.
Yes, same story. And I like their thread title much better

As for Mike Scopa, I don't know anything about him but maybe this has touched a nerve with him due to a personal unrelated issue and he's gotten on her side for that reason? She's gotten him to believe her without question somehow. Could he have been there? Has he ever said?

Nope, I didn't check. I also didn't state any opinion about this situation, none at all -- which I specifically said. I ran across the comments about the initials, so I brought that up.

Gives so much confidence in the vociferous opinions expressed for or against either party.

People aren’t for or against either party.
People are against railroading someone out of a job based on such a flimsy story.

Also trauma can delay speaking up and age can be a factor. Children don't always understand what has happened to them until many years later. The possible whys for delay are endless quite frankly. Statute of limitations only limits the time that criminal action can be taken.

Actually there is a statute of limitations for civil suits as well.
Even with children coming forward it must be done within 7 years of turning 18.

However she wasn’t a child, this trauma wasn’t so significant that she blocked it, she was not scared to come forward because he was in a position of power over her.
And frankly if she was just telling her story it would be one thing. But she is naming names, and rallying people against him. And it is too late for her to decide to do that.

It isn't the time that makes her claim unbelievable.
^this. As posters have stated already there are many parts of her story that just don’t sound logical.

It can be a pretty big fall when you climb up so high on your assumptions in the hypothetical and find it's a much different situation in reality for yourself or someone you love. It's both unfair and plain wrong to assume you know how someone should have reacted because you're so certain you know how you yourself would react.

I know how I would react, having your butt groped is really not an unusual thing to happen, at least not to a women during her late teens and early twenties, now sure that isn’t a great reflection on our society and girls shouldn’t just have to take it BUT any reasonable person is not going to loose sleep for years because someone groped their butt.

Yes, same story. And I like their thread title much better

As for Mike Scopa, I don't know anything about him but maybe this has touched a nerve with him due to a personal unrelated issue and he's gotten on her side for that reason? She's gotten him to believe her without question somehow. Could he have been there? Has he ever said?

I don’t know these people at all. I’ve never seen their Podcast. Anything that comes up in Google about them makes it sound like they are both fine people.

I’m baffled by why they are doing this. If most (because we know 2013 wasn’t 6 years ago) of the details of MSM’s account are true, it’s still puzzling.

Could they be doing this for publicity? A way to draw more viewers to their Podcast? I think that would be a big fail. It’s depressing to hear salacious stories about entertainers you enjoy, and Disney is a happy place for most.

i think you have to look at the circumstance....grown woman, fully clothed, in public: a few second over the clothes grab in front of many people allegedly by a man who is a stranger with no hold over her in any way. Assault? No, imo What would be her damages? A few seconds of a hand squeezed her, that should not equal lifelong trauma in this instance.

You're right that what happened isn't an assault -- because technically it's a battery. But I'm really not clear on why people are debating whether the events described are or are not a crime. If true, they clearly are. No one has the legal right to touch another person without their consent whether or not it's over or under the clothing.

And as someone who has experienced this type of thing on more than one occasion, I can tell you that it is upsetting. It's certainly not rape, but it's the type of thing that brings me distress whenever I hear similar stories.

For me, the thing that hurts more than having had some creep grab me is the fact that I reported one of the incidents to the police and they literally laughed about it. So I hope people will try to be a bit more understanding about the hurdles people face in coming forward with this type of story and not jump immediately to assuming a potential victim is lying. The reason we're seeing so many allegations like this now isn't because we have a plague of dishonest women. It's because this is pretty much the first time in history that anyone cares enough about this type of harassment to listen to those of us who have experienced it.

It's my hope that these allegations will be fully investigated and that appropriate action will be taken if they are found to be true.

Mike Scopa has posted on Facebook that "more and more women are coming out with the exact same story" on other (unnamed) Disney websites, including someone else having been offered $500 "compensation". He hasn't provided any names or links to these posts though. Here is what he wrote https://www.facebook.com/mike.scopa/posts/10155921052049732 anyway.

Andre

Posters here have said all along that if he was a groped he would not have just groped her and more people would come forward.

At this stage however Mike is just saying that someone said something, nothing more.

They can easily clear things up, show the photo, show the correspondence with Disney, have the other women speaking up actually speak up.
But all we have still is one person saying this happened, that she has proof she isn’t willing to share and that there are anonymous others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter