Yee Haw Bob Sexual Harrassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, so you think that someone should never speak out and say they have been abused if their abuser has died? Is that really what you're saying?

If a child was abused by their grandparent but the grandparent has passed away, they should never say anything?
A gymnastics coach was abusing his gymnasts and when it finally came to light, he killed himself. Should none of his victims ever say anything now just because he has died?

There is a difference between saying something and a public smear campaign.
Again we have discussed that things are different with children, they often don’t understand at the time that the thing happening is wrong.

A blanket rule for anything can be dangerous, there is almost always some exceptions. But I think as a whole if you want to publicly accuse someone it is wrong to wait until they can’t defend themselves.

There is a difference between saying something and a public smear campaign.
Again we have discussed that things are different with children, they often don’t understand at the time that the thing happening is wrong.

A blanket rule for anything can be dangerous, there is almost always some exceptions. But I think as a whole if you want to publicly accuse someone it is wrong to wait until they can’t defend themselves.

And I think that any victim should come forward whenever they feel comfortable. And if they only feel comfortable or safe saying something after the person has died, that's absolutely their right. Putting limits on people being able to speak up about abuse is dangerous.

And I think that any victim should come forward whenever they feel comfortable. And if they only feel comfortable or safe saying something after the person has died, that's absolutely their right. Putting limits on people being able to speak up about abuse is dangerous.

I think allowing people to make public accusations without proof is dangerous.

No, I don't think they would. But I think they would have quietly gotten rid of him sometime within the next 4-6 years to avoid further liability exposure.

I would bet my last dollar that he’s been surveilled by Disney the past 4 or 6 years to make sure that he wasn’t doing what he’d been accused of.

I have faith enough in Disney that they wouldn’t keep a known groper around.

Mike Scopa has posted on Facebook that "more and more women are coming out with the exact same story" on other (unnamed) Disney websites, including someone else having been offered $500 "compensation". He hasn't provided any names or links to these posts though. Here is what he wrote https://www.facebook.com/mike.scopa/posts/10155921052049732 anyway.

Andre
Where’s the dislike button . Seems a pretty one sided pity party for Michelle over there.

All this blindly believing the accusers is getting ridiculous! Pretty soon every man in a power position will be branded a pervert. Every news story is a new accusation, most several years old. Ridiculous, and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way.
I'm quite torn over it all.
I 100% agree about not blindly believing accusers. It's a bad precedence to set for certain.
But I am also of the opinion that women should feel empowered to speak up and out if they've had an issue of assault or abuse, no matter how long ago it happened.
I'm at a loss, I don't know what to do or where to go from here.
Just know that I am not comfortable with the trend things are taking in society right now.
It sort of reminds me of nipple-gate and how over the top so many reactions were to seeing Janet Jackson and her pasty (since face it, we didn't see full on boob, it was covered by a pasty). The FCC went way overboard on trying to be certain society wasn't harmed by another such incident. Things don't have to go so far to find a better resolution.

I'm quite torn over it all.
I 100% agree about not blindly believing accusers. It's a bad precedence to set for certain.
But I am also of the opinion that women should feel empowered to speak up and out if they've had an issue of assault or abuse, no matter how long ago it happened.
I'm at a loss, I don't know what to do or where to go from here.
Just know that I am not comfortable with the trend things are taking in society right now.
It sort of reminds me of nipple-gate and how over the top so many reactions were to seeing Janet Jackson and her pasty (since face it, we didn't see full on boob, it was covered by a pasty). The FCC went way overboard on trying to be certain society wasn't harmed by another such incident. Things don't have to go so far to find a better resolution.

I truly believe we are having a "cry wolf" situation in some of these accusations. Whether it be out of spite or monetary gain.

Where’s the dislike button . Seems a pretty one sided pity party for Michelle over there.

I expect it to continue. The credibility of Mike Scopa & Michelle Scribner is at stake. They need to produce something other than references to evidence that seems to be no longer available, and vague statements indicating that there are other victims, but providing no linkage to where those narratives might be found. Instead, they want people to contact Disney and request that Yehaa Bob be fired based solely on their word. Too thin for what is at stake.

I have no idea whether or not this happened.

No, I don't think they would. But I think they would have quietly gotten rid of him sometime within the next 4-6 years to avoid further liability exposure.

After seeing how they swept under rug that they were trapping alligators on property and didn't put up barriers or warning signs until a little boy died, I don't trust their handling of other situations that could lead to PR problems. I think Disney is getting too much credit here especially since we have no idea whether or not they investigated or, if so, how.

After seeing how they swept under rug that they were trapping alligators on property and didn't put up barriers or warning signs until a little boy died, I don't trust their handling of other situations that could lead to PR problems. I think Disney is getting too much credit here especially since we have no idea whether or not they investigated or, if so, how.
Respectfully I don't think the gator attack has much to do with this situation. In that case they didn't know what they didn't know. No one could have actually predicted an actual attack..a sighting sure..an attack unlikely. And signs wouldn't have prevented it either. If every place in FL put up barriers in every body of water and Disney didn't then that would be quite different. Currently they are trapping more gators but that is because they were given special permission to do so.

ETA: I also wouldn't say they were sweeping it under the rug that they were trapping them. It's not something you would actually expect them to publicize. I mean what do you expect an FAQ question: Do you trap gators? Yes we do and here's the numbers, the methods, etc. It is something that they do behind the scenes much like many things like certain security measures that the day guest would be unaware of.

Multiple people said they saw gators on property (small ones from my knowledge) so it wasn't like their existence was hidden by Disney it's just the removal (once they were of a legal size for removal) was behind the scenes and I really wouldn't expect anything different from a company.

Last edited:
Respectfully I don't think the gator attack has much to do with this situation. In that case they didn't know what they didn't know. No one could have actually predicted an actual attack..a sighting sure..an attack unlikely. And signs wouldn't have prevented it either. If every place in FL put up barriers in every body of water and Disney didn't then that would be quite different. Currently they are trapping more gators but that is because they were given special permission to do so.

ETA: I also wouldn't say they were sweeping it under the rug that they were trapping them. It's not something you would actually expect them to publicize. I mean what do you expect an FAQ question: Do you trap gators? Yes we do and here's the numbers, the methods, etc. It is something that they do behind the scenes much like many things like certain security measures that the day guest would be unaware of.

Multiple people said they saw gators on property (small ones from my knowledge) so it wasn't like their existence was hidden by Disney it's just the removal (once they were of a legal size for removal) was behind the scenes and I really wouldn't expect anything different from a company.
Exactly, not the same comparison at all. Disney didn't hide or cover up that they had gators. There was no doubt from anyone that they had them. It's a body of water in FL. It has gators. You don't have to announce that any more than you announce fire is hot and water is wet.

I guess if it was going to be something that would be a comparison Disney would have to have known they had gators and left them there. That would be the same as knowing about what Bob was doing and leaving him employed.

Do I think think Yehaa Bob touched her butt? Yes. Do I think there was intent behind it? Maybe.
Do I think Yehaa Bob touched her butt? Maybe. Do I think there was intent behind it? No.
I find behavior like this very serious, and yes, I consider butt grabbing sexual battery or assault.
Well, assault is the approach, while battery is the actual contact. Maybe, if the Moderators do heed the requests to change the thread title, it could be "YeeHa Bob alleged sexual battery"?
1-Could have been a typo.
Odd typo, though. Typos are usually with adjacent keys.
We are talking about a butt squeeze (while she was sitting, so how much of the butt could have been squeezed unless she was sitting on his hand?).
What if - she sat down on his hand, and what she's considering unwanted sexual contact was just Bob trying to free his hand?

Mike Scopa has posted on Facebook that "more and more women are coming out with the exact same story" on other (unnamed) ,,.Disney websites, including someone else having been offered $500 "compensation". He hasn't provided any names or links to these posts though. Here is what he wrote https://www.facebook.com/mike.scopa/posts/10155921052049732 anyway.

Andre

Mike is encouraging readers to contact, and has included the email address for, George Kallogiris, and Meg Crofton. Not sure what she can do.

I say the gators were at some level swept under the rug because there were no warning signs or barriers like there are now. We knew about the gators but I know plenty of people who were much less into Disney than the average Diser who had no idea there were gators on the property.

A good point.

I disagree with this bit. I do think Disney thought they were doing all that was needed to be done. I don't think they anticipated an attack and decided to risk it. However I do think clear signs could have prevented this boys death.
And while I agree that people should know that Florida +gators. I honestly did not know until this boys death that it included in man made bodies of water inside a theme park, the "wild" for sure, rivers next to highways etc absolutely. But in a man made lake where they have water sports running, childrens activities, run movies on the beach after dark etc never crossed my mind, and warnings of anything are after all for the naive. Here in NZ we know not to go swim in the mud pools, but warnings are there for tourists, I feel this is similar. My kids played in that water during those movie nights at the Poly and there is no way I would have let them if I had known.
In Australia it is common for Croc warning signs to be just about everywhere beaches, rivers etc

here was no doubt from anyone that they had them. It's a body of water in FL. It has gators. You don't have to announce that any more than you announce fire is hot and water is wet.

In Australia it is common for Croc warning signs to be just about everywhere beaches, rivers etc. (And we do seem to annouce that fire is hot....and have warnings about water next the the pools...)

I’m not real good in the Twitter Universe but I swear I just saw that MSM is rewtweeting NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON tweets. Does she not know the man has been accused of rape? Drugging & raping a former classmate. Should she not be tweeting demands that he be fired from the Hayden Planetarium. Or did I miss those? As I said I’m not real good with Twitter. Not saying he’s guilty, I really like the man. Just saying...

This is going off topic and TBH the gator attack doesn't have anything to do with Yeeha Bob and the current allegations against him. So as much as I have no problem discussing this conversation further this thread isn't the one to do it in.

ETA: Under a more general topic I wouldn't have as much of an issue going off into a tangent but I feel like this thread is a serious topic and I don't want to get into a back and forth conversation that was discussed in large detail over multiple now closed (I believe most threads got locked) threads about something so far off topic.

Last edited:
Trying to get back on topic here, Michelle has added to Mike Scopa's latest post: "initially that is the route that I took -- calling the manager of the resort. However, I was passed on to some group who manages complaints. She was the person who recorded my initial statement in 2013."

This would imply that this incident occurred in 2013, so I'm assuming it must have been following one of that year's East Coast RunDisney events:

upload_2017-11-17_11-0-51.png

Still not easy to track down a specific date, or to find photos from that night, though. I would also assume that given the time frame, the manager in question would have been Val Bunting as she was the General Manager at Port Orleans from 2009 to 2015. Knowing Val personally (a little) and by reputation (a lot, all of it good) I really can't see her being involved in any sort of conspiracy or cover-up of something of this nature.

So I currently still maintain that I am not putting my name behind a smear campaign without any further evidence. OK, any evidence at all at this point.

I am very sorry that Michelle feels wronged, but destroying someone's life and career is too important to be undertaken after an unsubstantiated bum-grope in a crowded photo shoot.

Andre

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter