• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yay For May Super Goofs Challenge Thread

I don't have any work outs to post for the week. I just started a new job and have been super stressed with my co-workers attitudes, They aren't very welcoming at all. :worried: And now I'm off to Ohio for a friends wedding. I am hoping to have times/miles to post by then.

Hi Goofs,

As requested from our "fearless leader".

My name is Lynn and I am going to be 52 on 6/21. I have a twin sister. My DH is Fred and we have been married for 26 years. We have one daughter, Abby. DD will be 25 in October. The free of us went to WDW last September (there is a trip report in my siggie). What a fantastic and wonderful trip. A life-time dream vacation come true. DD wrote the TR and did quite a nice job with that. Her bachelor's is in public relations/marketing and her Master's is in Sport Management/Marketing. Both DH and I are very proud of her.

I decided in January that I needed to turn my own personal health around and have lost 26 pounds since then. I recently finished the C25K program, which really does work! I am determined to continue on my healthy lifestyle journey from here on out.

I work for a local hospital as a medical transcriptionist as well as system coordinator for the medical record department. I have been doing transcription for 30+ years and love my job!. I work around every 5th weekend, but mostly M-F. When I work on the weekends the advantage is that I can work at home then. Otherwise it is off to the hospital for the most part.

I am a very avid sports fan and enjoy watching sports on TV. The Detroit sport teams all have been doing well lately and in recent years, other than the Detroit Lions.

I have found physical activity and running to be addictive, which is a good thing. I really enjoy being a member of the super Goofs ~~ what a nice group of people that are so full of knowledge and support for each other.

Well I think the thunderstorm has passed outside so I am off to do some exercising and then go for a run. :goodvibes

Hi,

90 minutes for me today for total exercise time.

I ran outside for 45 minutes of that for 3.2 miles.

Have a great Friday evening!

I did another calibration my my Nike+ sensor tonight, so please add another 0.5 miles at just under 7 minutes. I also raked mulch for about an hour this afternoon.

45 minute swim, 95 minute 8.5 mile run.

Yuck...today was a "character building" workout...

I apologize for the late post...we have an upcoming inspection at work (high stress) and the family is prepping for our move to Oklahoma, so life's been hectic.

5/12 2.5 miles/26 min. and 20 min calisthenics
5/14 3.5 miles/36 min.
5/16 2.5 miles/25 min.
5/19 2.7 miles/28 min.
5/21 2.3 miles/23 min. and 25 min. calisthenics
5/28 2 miles/20 min. and 25 min. calisthenics

Welcome to all the new team members...SuperGoofs is no doubt the best team to be a part of.

My name is Shannon (a.k.a. FloridaGirl). I'm a 33 yo mom of two (DS-8 and DD-3). I've been married to my husband for 9 yrs..we met as college freshmen and dated for 7 yrs before marrying. We're both active duty Air Force, currently stationed in Panama City, FL. We're being transferred in July to Tinker AFB in Oklahoma City. I'm looking forward to the move, but I'm dreading being so far away from Disney. I learned about the Disney races from a co-worker last year and have since completed the Half last Jan. and the Minnie 15K a few weeks ago...Disney races are a blast! Unfortunately, I probably won't be back to compete until Marathon Weekend 2010, but I plan on trying to find some races in Oklahoma City to build up my miles. I was always very athletic growing up, but I've never been a distance runner. I got into running as a way to get healthier...I don't have the best eating habits, and I could stand to lose about 15-20 lbs, so I'm using running to help me reach my goal. Plus, Disney races are a good excuse to go back to Disney, as my husband sometimes needs coaxing since he is not as big of a fan as I am ;)

I don't post as often as some of the other SuperGoofs, but I lurk when I can and do enjoy being part of such a great team.

Well I just finished the Pack Monadnock Road Race. I came in third- third from last! The course was brutal and I am super glad its over. I will never do this race again and I am so grateful now that I did not get into the Mount Washington lottery. My goal was 2 hours but I really was not anticipating how steep the last 2 miles were.

10 miles in 2:17. This is the course description-

This course was designed to give runners a hill-climb challenge and to test strength and endurance. The race starts on Highland St near Wilton Lnydeborough High School. It runs uphill for the first mile. At the first mile marker, the course flattens out as it turns onto Sand Hill Road (gravel) and remains flat for about one half mile. There will be a rolling uphill grade as Sand Hill road ends and merges onto Davisville Road (paved) through mile three.

Next, the course turns left onto Burton Highway with gradual uphill and rolling terrain. At approximately 5.5 miles, there is steep 1/4 mile climb. The course bears left onto Webster Highway for 1.5 miles of relatively flat, rolling paved road.

At mile 7, the course bears right onto Old Revolutionary Rd. (gravel) and goes uphill for one-half mile and flattens out for one-half mile. Just before mile 8 the course turns onto Rt. 101 (paved) and climbs a steep hill grade for 1/2 mile. The course becomes relatively flat for 2/10 mile as it passes Temple Mountains Ski Area.

The last 1.3 miles of the course climb the paved switch-back road in Miller State Park to the summit of Pack Monadnock Mountain. The last 1.3 miles are as steep or steeper than Mt Washington.

Hope this helps the team! I am not sore and I actually am pretty proud of myself! DLF beats DNS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter