• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yay For May Super Goofs Challenge Thread

princessrunner, thanks for the clarification. I will tabulate all of my May hours and post tomorrow. And thanks for the great welcome!:yay:

"our greatest glory is not in never falling but rising each time we fall" (confucious)

I love that quote! Very inspiring.

Do you guys have a thread that you introduced yourselves on when this challenge started? I would love to go back and read about everyone.

Have a great night everyone.

WELCOME everyone!! It's getting crowded in here but thats how we like it!!:dance3: Did anyone bring the snacks? I have an awesome fruit salad sitting in my fridge that I will share. Yum!

We just bought Wii Fit today...how funny. DH and I just finished about an hour with hula hoop, ski jump, running (I wanted to go faster though), yoga, and then bowling and boxing.

Hi Super Goofs!

Yesterday I ran 4.4 in 43:31 AND I did 30 minutes of weights at the gym.

Today I am going to conquer the mountain of laundry in my upstairs hallway! After that, everest will seem easy. I am hoping to get to the gym later in the day though.

Cecilia

I did another C25K workout this morning. I am now officially done with Week 4! :cool1: Of course, that just means the dreaded Week 5 is coming up next. Yikes! :scared1:

I ran/walked 2.25 miles and it took me just over 34 minutes to do so. (Darn! Just a bit slower than a 15-minute mile!) I turned around and walked backward for a bit after my cool down, so if you want to count that toward our minutes, I spent a grand total of 38 minutes on the treadmill.

This am...2000 yard 55 minute swim.

Tonight: 5.3 mile run, 49 minutes...

Getting there....just getting there...

I did another C25K workout this morning. I am now officially done with Week 4! :cool1: Of course, that just means the dreaded Week 5 is coming up next. Yikes! :scared1:

I ran/walked 2.25 miles and it took me just over 34 minutes to do so. (Darn! Just a bit slower than a 15-minute mile!) I turned around and walked backward for a bit after my cool down, so if you want to count that toward our minutes, I spent a grand total of 38 minutes on the treadmill.

Keep up the good work with C25K. Do not ever get discouraged. I can speak from experience as I am a recent graduate of the program, I finished in 9 weeks or so at the end of April. You can do it. I am working on increasing my speed. My goal is to actually do a "decent 5k in 30 minutes by my 52nd B-day, which is 6/21.

Well Goofs, after taking about 7 to 10 days off due to real-life getting in the way (had to help prepare and deal with the family garage sale this past weekend) I am determined to get back to my exercise program.

TODAY: 90 minutes of exercise time.
45 minutes for 3.3 miles on the TM. (Can't believe how good it felt!):hyper:

Ok well I'm not feeling to well today, so I had to make myself work out (and I do mean MAKE ;)). I feel good about having done it though.

I did 60 minutes on the elliptical trainer.
Burned 864 calories
Distance : 3225 which converts to about 3.19 miles.

Wow, don't you hate it when your captain deserts you??? Well I didn't really, I just had a really busy day. No exercising just really busy. Actually I seem to have pulled my left hammy and I iced a lot yesterday and took it easy on the poor thing.

Bought some new kicks, Asics Nimbus 9 and Saucony Trigon 5 Rides to update the DOA Adidas and the soon to be DOA Saucony Trigon 4 Guides. Love my Saucony's but will run today in the Asics. Keep your fingers crossed.

I got in 3.75 miles on Tuesday at a 10:17 pace. Considering it was 85 and sticky humid gross nasty, but I digress, I was happy with the pace. I could not talk myself into the last quarter mile though, I had no pickle left in me. DH was passing by and picked me up, ice cold water in hand. :cloud9:

Everyone is doing great with their miles/minutes. I am counting Saturday on this week so tomorrow is not your last chance workout, Saturday is. I will start the June thread on Sunday. Wow, June already. Where does the time go??? My kidlets are not out of school until 6/17 due to all the snow days we had this year so I have a little more time to revel in the peace and quiet...:surfweb:

Have a great day Goofs and get those miles/minutes in. We should have a really good month of May and with all these new awesome members, June should rock hard!!!!!

Hi all

Never got to the gym yesterday. I have got to figure out life now that the kids are out of school. They manage to fill up our days without any effort at all. Today we are going to the gym if I have to hogtie them.

I did do 20 minutes of stretching including that blankety blankety plank.

And I did mange to get to the top of the laundry. Its now contained in two baskets.

Cecilia

Went for an early AM run with Bella, my slug.
5.01 miles in 58:55.
GG#2 is home sick from school so no riding or spin class today.

Sorry to hear about a GG down. So close to school end...bummer. I wanted to let you know that AmyBeth was asking about the Hollis Applefest half as it is on her short list and she wanted some more info. I told her that you and I were doing it and am going to try and convince her to come too!! How exciting, another informal WISH meet!!! :woohoo:

Well I have finally made it back to the gym after being gone the weekend and severely sleep deprived on Tuesday (which, giving all my tossing and turning, resulted in a strained back muscle that is still bugging me).

So yesterday I did the bike. 40 minutes and about 11 miles. Was supposed to be hill intervals, but after the first one I was so light headed/weird feeling that I had to stop and rest and then resume just a regular ride.

Today, in the pool. Couldn't quite do the swim intervals that the training plan was showing, but I made the best of it for 40 minutes.

Sorry for being such a slacker this May--it hasn't been by choice/design. I really want to run, but haven't managed that yet (first knee, now back) I am feeling old right now!

Cecilia Ah, laundry. Funny thing, my husband has always done his own and kids starting doing theirs as high schoolers, so all I have to do is mine!

Hope everyone else is doing well. Have moved into my new cubby hole, and I feel guilty checking in (even though it's lunch), so I feel a little disconnected lately.

Maura

Sorry to hear about a GG down. So close to school end...bummer. I wanted to let you know that AmyBeth was asking about the Hollis Applefest half as it is on her short list and she wanted some more info. I told her that you and I were doing it and am going to try and convince her to come too!! How exciting, another informal WISH meet!!! :woohoo:

How Fun- BBQ at my house after!

I just got in a 60 minute workout on the elliptical trainer.
Distance 3300 which converts to 3.27 miles. :cool1: I'm off to a good start! Waiting for a new blet for my treadmill before I can start running on it again.

Hi Goofs ,

90 minutes exercise tonight, mowing the large lawn and then sweeping, cleanup, etc.

Hope to run tomorrow and Saturday. Sunday I am scheduled for 2 hours on walking at local Relay for Life, which the hospital I work for here in town is a big part of it. .Our hospital is designated as a regional cancer center for the thumb of Michigan. I am looking forward to that. I plan on getting a new battery in my pedometer and have that all set to go.

Have a great Friday all~~~:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter