Yavn Speaks 4/4 - More rule reminders and a small update on a sporting event.. yawn!

vmkfan13

DIS Veteran
*Italics are spelling mistakes caught by mikeyandscoobyx2 (LOL, has yavn ever "tired" a spell check) and it seems like yavn discovered the bold button in this issue.

Yavn's got a friendly reminder and an update on the wackiness the Toons have brought to VMK!

Me again, so a little Toon told me about a strange sporting event that's starting this weekend – I'm working on getting more details about this wacky event, so stay tooned.Keeping it Safe – and Fun

Before this Toon wackiness gets too crazy, I wanted to take a moment and talk a little about VMK and our mission and our commitment to you, our Guests/Players.

At Disney we work very hard to make VMK a fun and safe environment for Guest of all ages.

With VMK we've always tired to innovate, be creative and do exciting new things. Sometimes those ideas work great, and sometimes we need to keep working on them and prefecting them. But as Walt said, "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." And of course, as we always have, we very much appreciate that you are with us on the journey.

VMK or Virtual Magic Kingdom is a FREE online multiplayer game and was launched as part of a promotion for the Disneyland 50th Celebration.

We've built an awesome community, and VMK Players do their part too. Like any game or community, VMK has rules and guidelines that our players MUST follow to visit and play in the Virtual Magic Kingdom.

That said, I thought it would be a good idea to talk briefly about our game rules, the VMK Values.

The rules are very simple. If you follow them, everybody has a lot of fun. If you break them you'll find yourself banned from VMK, which isn't very fun. They're all important, but these are a few I want to focus on today:

1. Using ANY program that modifies, plays or logs into VMK for you is NOT ALLOWED. Using these programs affect our systems (and other players) and will get you banned.

If you didn't download it from VMK.com, DON'T use it with VMK!

2. NEVER harass players or bother players – or engage in ANY behavior that may be offensive or disruptive to the game or other players. This includes disruptive protest, using foul language, name calling, blocking a room, entrance or Quest item.

Be respectful to other players and the community, don't do anything that wouldn't be allowed in a real Disney park. Treat players as you would like to be treated.

YavnSpeaks-2008-04-04-SafetyYeti.gif

Be safe! And have fun!

3. Adult subjects are NEVER allowed in VMK. This includes discussing or describing adult subjects, creating any type of 'relationship' rooms or engaging in chat related to adult subjects or relationships.

Play VMK like your parents or schoolteacher are watching, if they wouldn't approve of your behavior or activity, there's a very good chance we don't either.

4. NEVER, under any circumstance ask for or give out ANY personal information to another player. (This includes your password, e-mail address, telephone number, location, or other means of contact or personal information.)

It doesn't matter if you know the person – giving out ANY personal information online is NEVER safe, against VMK Values and will get you banned.

5. Don't describe or discuss acts of violence against yourself or others. Doing this will not only get you banned but depending on the situation it could also get you into trouble with local authorities (that means the police).

6. Don't scam or steal from other players. Don't give away, trade or sell your VMK character.

Scamming takes many forms, for example creating or opening any type of 'Pay to Play' room. (This is a room where you pay the room owner to play a game and it's up to the room owner to award the prize.) Players charging for ANY type of game or activity is also against VMK Values and will get you banned.

These are just a few of the VMK Values, for the full list look here.

He'll be Right Back!

Alright, so now I'm hopping off my soap box and getting back to the game. We've got a Topsy Turvy month ahead, so enjoy it and have fun!

Remember again, VMK or Virtual Magic Kingdom is a FREE online multiplayer game. VMK was launched as part of a promotion for the Disneyland 50th Celebration. Let's keep VMK a fun and safe place to play!

-Yavn

thanks for the heads up! :D
I found a typo already.

Fifth paragraph, fifth word

Oh my goodness. This is pathetic, now he is telling us the rules which we should follow in VMK. Which we already do..

Sheesh, they are really trying to emphasize us on the rules, no cheating, it's a
free game, etc.

The only thing new in the last Yavn Speaks was the hint of "some un-released
magic" and a preview of a new room. Was hoping we'd be getting more as
soon as I saw the title and I was hoping the "is it really new" part of the title
was false, but nope.

Sheesh, they are really trying to emphasize us on the rules, no cheating, it's a
free game, etc.

The only thing new in the last Yavn Speaks was the hint of "some un-released
magic" and a preview of a new room. Was hoping we'd be getting more as
soon as I saw the title and I was hoping the "is it really new" part of the title
was false, but nope.

That was a complete waste of my time for reading that lol. Too bad I can't have those 30 seconds back.

Look Yavn, we are grateful this is a free game. Sure we complain once or twice but VMK is our home. I don't think you should be yelling at us reminding us a couple times in one newsletter VMK is free game. Consider the fact Disney makes alot of money on this.

The sporting event sound fun. Hopefully they'll still have the Pin Trade Event :cool1:

Just a few questions

When he says: Using ANY program that modifies, plays or logs into VMK for you is NOT ALLOWED. Using these programs affect our systems (and other players) and will get you banned Does he mean VMK Pal?

5. Don't describe or discuss acts of violence against yourself or others. Doing this will not only get you banned but depending on the situation it could also get you into trouble with local authorities (that means the police). This one I have reported happening to one of us here (by a Dis person) and the person was still in the game more than an hour after the report. They sent that annoying message about If you don't like something another player is saying you can ignore them.

The sporting event sound fun. Hopefully they'll still have the Pin Trade Event :cool1:

Just a few questions

When he says: Using ANY program that modifies, plays or logs into VMK for you is NOT ALLOWED. Using these programs affect our systems (and other players) and will get you banned Does he mean VMK Pal?

5. Don't describe or discuss acts of violence against yourself or others. Doing this will not only get you banned but depending on the situation it could also get you into trouble with local authorities (that means the police). This one I have reported happening to one of us here (by a Dis person) and the person was still in the game more than an hour after the report. They sent that annoying message about If you don't like something another player is saying you can ignore them.

The pin trade event will still be going on the same time as it was last month.
Read the calendar for details. ;)

VMK Pal is approved by staff.

And yeah they're just threatening us, all they say is use the ignore button.

Im sad. He didn't tell us what's new. :sad1:

Don't ever listen to yavn, where is out big march update he promised? How about the Epcot turnstile?? Oh right, he can use it but we can't since we're all are cheaters who scam.

Just a few questions

I've see violence against themselves in main street all the time..

The pin trade event will still be going on the same time as it was last month.
Read the calendar for details. ;)

VMK Pal is approved by staff.

And yeah they're just threatening us, all they say is use the ignore button.

Thanks for the information. I wasn't sure if the Pin Trade Event will be going on since he was talking about a Sports Event strating this weekend. Last month when the had the Pirate Ride-a-Thon they didn't have the Pin Trade Event :confused3 But, I guess we will jhave to wait until what tomorrow?

Thanks for the information. I wasn't sure if the Pin Trade Event will be going on since he was talking about a Sports Event strating this weekend. Last month when the had the Pirate Ride-a-Thon they didn't have the Pin Trade Event :confused3 But, I guess we will jhave to wait until what tomorrow?

Sports event this weekend? Haven't heard of that.. If there is then there probably won't be a pin trade event.

Third paragraph ;)

Ah, I thought it was just the rules copied and pasted, I didn't bother reading it
I just skimmed through all the way down.

I hope the sporting event isn't taking over the events tomorrow, I really want
to go to all three of them! 1 Pin Trading Event and 2 Quests!

For the record..... VMK Pal is NOT approved by staff.

And also for the record... VMK Pal does NOT modify VMK.
Pal is nothing more than an Internet Explorer Browser Skin which is more like the "yahoo toolbar" than anything else. It does NOT affect VMK whatsoever.

:offtopic:

Hugs to Yavn about the typos. I make more than my fair share of them. To some of the younger players...This may help you understand why some of us may not be the best typists.

My experience was this:
When I was in high school we had the choice of either typing (now known as keyboarding) or computer programming. Back in the day it was a BIG deal to even have a computer class offered at a public high school. I chose the computer programming class.

To this day I am a terrible hunt and peck typist. My typing skill are even worse when I am in a hurry to get something out. Again, hugs to anyone else that struggles with typing. :hug:

Happy (I can spell. I just can't type!)

PS Since "tired" is a valid word, it would not be caught by spell check. ;)

Hugs to Yavn about the typos. I make more than my fair share of them. To some of the younger players...This may help you understand why some of us are not the best typists.

When I was in high school we had the choice of either typing (now known as keyboarding) or computer programming. Back in the day it was a BIG deal to even have a computer class offered at a public high school. I chose the computer programming class.

To this day I am a terrible hunt and peck typist. My typing skill are even worse when I am in a hurry to get something out. Again, hugs to anyone else that struggles with typing. :hug:

Trust me, the typing class helps nothing, besides typing faster. For me, I still can't type without making grammar errors.

Hugs to Yavn about the typos. I make more than my fair share of them. To some of the younger players...This may help you understand why some of us are not the best typists.

PS Since "tired" is a valid word, it would not be caught by spell check. ;)

How about revising what you write ..
but otherwise, what's the definition of prefecting?

Trust me, the typing class helps nothing, besides typing faster. For me, I still can't type without making grammar errors.

I make tons of mistakes typing. EH! LOL. WE do this thing called Mavis Beacon, and even in that, your supposed to copy what it says, and when I mess up, you dont have to go back and fix it. And yet, I still do lol.

It's so annoying!

For the record..... VMK Pal is NOT approved by staff.

And also for the record... VMK Pal does NOT modify VMK.
Pal is nothing more than an Internet Explorer Browser Skin which is more like the "yahoo toolbar" than anything else. It does NOT affect VMK whatsoever.

I heard it was approved..

Well maybe not approved but not disapproved either.

I make tons of mistakes typing. EH! LOL. WE do this thing called Mavis Beacon, and even in that, your supposed to copy what it says, and when I mess up, you dont have to go back and fix it. And yet, I still do lol.

It's so annoying!

I HATE Mavis Beacon. That god that's over with...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!