Yavn Speaks 4/4 - More rule reminders and a small update on a sporting event.. yawn!

Yavn forgot to remind us that VMK is free.

That would be akin to me telling my customers (who take advantage of the "free" service I proved) - Boy are you LUCKY I am here, cause it is FREE you know. Without me you would have nothing so take what you get because it is FREE. Now kiss my ring!

:lmao:

You get what you pay for!!!!

:lmao:

:rolleyes: In other words, quit your complaining since you're not spending any money to do so. I take offense to the "shouting" FREE.

I think a lot of us here do spend money to play in a way since we buy movies for the Inferno and other DMR, passes for the park and for the Pirate quest pins. But, then you have the electricity bill.

Also, no Dis members are "shouting" free. If you go back to the newsletter you will see that Yavn as hyou say "shouted" FREE. People are just emphasizing what he said and how

VMK or Virtual Magic Kingdom is a FREE online multiplayer game and was launched as part of a promotion for the Disneyland 50th Celebration.

I joined VMK during Tron month and miss the friendly weekly Friday newsletters from Yavn. Along with the Pins and other items that you knew when would be sold. I miss the Host Events they had back then with Host Prizes. Yes, things change and it's not my decision so I have to accept it.

I think a lot of us here do spend money to play in a way since we buy movies for the Inferno and other DMR, passes for the park and for the Pirate quest pins. But, then you have the electricity bill.

Also, no Dis members are "shouting" free. If you go back to the newsletter you will see that Yavn as hyou say "shouted" FREE. People are just emphasizing what he said and how

VMK or Virtual Magic Kingdom is a FREE online multiplayer game and was launched as part of a promotion for the Disneyland 50th Celebration.

I joined VMK during Tron month and miss the friendly weekly Friday newsletters from Yavn. Along with the Pins and other items that you knew when would be sold. I miss the Host Events they had back then with Host Prizes. Yes, things change and it's not my decision so I have to accept it.

I was quoting YAVN. Not Disers.

There is a "we don't really care if we insult you" attitude lately coming from the VMK team (not the in-game staff) that used to not exist.

-raises hand- :wave2: Yup, I'm guilty. Not afraid to admit it either. ETA: Oops, I misread this. I thought you mean "we don't really care if we insult Yavn". :rotfl:

You sent the entire class to detention because 2 kids in the entire school cheated on a paper. The ONLY thing that accomplished was making the cheaters' reward greater. If you REALLY wanted to hurt those that were cheating, you would have EXTENDED the quest by a few days to let more people legitimately earn their prizes so they don't go to the cheaters and trade the world for the prizes. This would have not hurt those who worked hard to get through it, would have lowered the reward that the cheaters are hoping for through trades or sales, and would have made you look giving and kind.

Very well said Dreams. I wholeheartedly agree.

Eh, misspellings and/or typos just add to the unprofessionalism of it all... :rolleyes1

I have to be honest I am a little surprised with how harsh the response is. They obviously were addressing some of the concerns posted here and the other fan sites.

I am not sure what everyone expects.

1. Using ANY program that modifies, plays or logs into VMK for you is NOT ALLOWED. Using these programs affect our systems (and other players) and will get you banned.
Previous rule 1 currently on Homepage.

1. Use ANY hacking, scripting or editing program that modifies VMK or changes the game. (This includes the use of code generation tools.)

When did the rules change? Was it because of this weekend? Yavn has been pushing these new rules and then refers you to the VMK values on the homepage that are still the old rules. One of the things that was added was using a program to play VMK and do they really think that not allowing VMK Pal will reduce the amount of mules people use?

Previous rule 1 currently on Homepage.

1. Use ANY hacking, scripting or editing program that modifies VMK or changes the game. (This includes the use of code generation tools.)

When did the rules change? Was it because of this weekend? Yavn has been pushing these new rules and then refers you to the VMK values on the homepage that are still the old rules. One of the things that was added was using a program to play VMK and do they really think that not allowing VMK Pal will reduce the amount of mules people use?

Yeah really hello VMK I know we're sort of in a bad economy right now (well
at least us in U.S) but we can afford paper and pencil.. :rolleyes1

I don't see why VMK Pal is a issue at all. How is the ability to take pictures and be reminded when events are a bad thing for VMK, and how does it hurt them? I know they can't endorse, but they don't need to ban it.

Sigh. I stand by my original comments from the last Yavn Speaks commentary. I still think they need a publicist who proofreads. ;)

I can completely understand that the tone of the newsletter comes across as complete frustration at us VMK players in general being whining, complaining brats.

We are!

But I think Pavlov rang a bell somewhere, and we're going to drool like the dogs that we are. :rolleyes:

Both VMK management (aka whoever is writing the newsletters) and the fans here have been disrespectful on both sides.

Where's the number to that publicist again? :rolleyes1

I have to be honest I am a little surprised with how harsh the response is. They obviously were addressing some of the concerns posted here and the other fan sites.

It is going to take a little while for people to get over this whole quest business. I realize it may seem to Aengus and others who won that people should have moved on by now but I think some are still bitter. It has been less than a week since people spent their entire weekend devoted to something many of them didn't get anything out of in return. Sure, they had great teamplaying experiences and made friends but come on, everybody who signed up for that quest was hoping for more than that. So I say don't be surprised at the reaction and give it a little time. Wounds haven't healed yet Aengus.

Personally I'm just bored by the newsletter. It seems to me they are always reiterating rules that most of us know instead of answering bigger questions...like when will lightning magic come out or what items are coming out this weekend or flying carpet? That's what people really want to know. Just my take on it.

It is going to take a little while for people to get over this whole quest business. I realize it may seem to Aengus and others who won that people should have moved on by now but I think some are still bitter. It has been less than a week since people spent their entire weekend devoted to something many of them didn't get anything out of in return. Sure, they had great teamplaying experiences and made friends but come on, everybody who signed up for that quest was hoping for more than that. So I say don't be surprised at the reaction and give it a little time. Wounds haven't healed yet Aengus.

Personally I'm just bored by the newsletter. It seems to me they are always reiterating rules that most of us know instead of answering bigger questions...like when will lightning magic come out or what items are coming out this weekend or flying carpet? That's what people really want to know. Just my take on it.

I totally understand your point, and I totally understand wounds need time to heal. Its just that I feel almost like they reached out to help the process and everyone just cut their hand off @_@

At Disney we work very hard to make VMK a fun and safe environment for Guest of all ages.

With VMK we've always tired to innovate, be creative and do exciting new things. Sometimes those ideas work great, and sometimes we need to keep working on them and prefecting them. But as Walt said, "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." And of course, as we always have, we very much appreciate that you are with us on the journey.

I find it interesting the emphasis for the first time really that the VKM (what ever their jobs are please insert proper title here --------------:goodvibes

Are emphasising at Disney and quotes from Walt. Yup someone has been reading our posts.

Did we ever figure out who is running VMK.

But I will remember this is FREE. :) But then again that is always up for interpretation. Half will yes it is; half will say no it is not.

What is black is white, what is white is black and never the gray shall meet :rotfl:

I don't see why VMK Pal is a issue at all. How is the ability to take pictures and be reminded when events are a bad thing for VMK, and how does it hurt them? I know they can't endorse, but they don't need to ban it.

VMK Pal is NOT an issue. It does not login for you, it does not modify VMK, it has little to actually do with VMK.

Pal is a browser skin for IE and it saves information for you, it does NOT, logon for you.

What he is referring to is those who did actually cheat (I mentioned how in another thread) - they used scripts which logged them on and played pirates for them and got them the required 575 - at best, there were a handful of people that did this (local hacker team?) - Yavn didnt change the rule at all, just made it a little clearer and less ambiguous.

I totally understand your point, and I totally understand wounds need time to heal. Its just that I feel almost like they reached out to help the process and everyone just cut their hand off @_@

I don't want to jump the gun and say that in the end they won't try to make it up to people but so far I would say they definitely haven't. If they want to make it up, try giving them another opportunity to get some silver ears, like in a host game or easier quest. People want to see the goods, plain and simple. ;) Granted we all know in the spirit of vmk, that these quest items will probably be re released later down the road at some point anyway but if vmk really wants to make a statement that they care and perhaps made a boo boo of sorts they could make it up to people by giving them something now as consolation. Now I know ppl are going to complain regardless. They/we always do but that would be a start.

I for one am a bit puzzled by this statement from the newsletter...

Be respectful to other players and the community, don't do anything that wouldn't be allowed in a real Disney park. Treat players as you would like to be treated.

An activity in a Disney park would NEVER be cut short because of a few bad apples. It was not respectful, nor fair to punish all of us. Disney may be a free game, but without all of us playing it -- it's nothing.

Why wouldn't VMK be free? It's for them to advertise, we shouldn't be paying for advertisements..

Please feel free to slam me if you will....but for once I have to play devils advocate on this, whether it is right or wrong, just my initial gut thought. (Disclaimer: My Opinion can change the more I read so you may see me telling myself off later in another post ;) )

Yet after reading a lot and putting myself in their shoes I think I would be a little POed too. I mean in someways, my response would be....

"Look our salaries aren't the greatest because you aren't paying to play, and if you do that is not our fault, but either way it is free and you have no say,...sorry just the way it is, because technically we could pull the plug tomorrow if we wanted too. Additionally we are human like you and sometimes make bad decisions....but to be ridiculed and slammed over and over again....I mean give us a break already will ya, we are not trying to be mean or malicious here?!?"

Now look, I think if you read the boards there are hundreds of harsh critics out there and after this weekend, the VMK staff may have just finally had that last straw break.

In all seriousness we have all vested a lot of time in the game, me included, and take these things a little to personal when not handled the way they think they should be, but it is just a game....not the government telling us to pay more taxes, not having to deal with a plumber over charging you for bad work, getting ripped off by the car dealer, getting a B- when you deserved an A, not getting paid enough at work for the job you do....I mean at the end of the day life is a lot worst at times than a just a little ol' game.

So what's my point? Not sure if there is one other than maybe just letting it go and cutting them a little slack.

Or in the immortal words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

(On a side note, regarding the professionalism of the typos etc...I will say that if VMK is under the Disney umbrella and uses the Disney moniker...then by all means should the same level of professionalism be expected)

Ok as someone recently said "I will get off my soap box for now and get back to the game" :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter