Yak and Yeti ugh!!!

WDisnut

Mouseketeer
Concerning the dinging plan I was on the DXDDP and at Yak and Yeti in animal kingdom between the SEPT 17 thru 24 I went for lunch. I was not able to get anything to drink except refillable drinks, soda / water, no tea, or any fun drinks even thought they were under the non-alcholoic section. I was able to get pretty much any non-alcholoic everywhere else I went, just not at the yak. Did anyone else have this problem.

Also beside not liking the food at all, the server gave us our bill before we ordered dessert. The bill had a total that was no where near what the actual cost was. I added up our total it was around 90. the bill said 11 items equaling like 50 bucks..? I didn't complain, less of a tip amount. wierd though..

2 familes sat down and after seeing the prices left. One commented saying wow this place better be good its more than PF changs...

Don't think I'll be back to the yak again..

Yak and Yeti
is owned by someone other than disney, atleast that is what I was told last February when we were there. Our waiter said they only get like 25 dollars for each person on the dining plan. HTH.

Belinda

Sorry you didn't enjoy it. We had a fantastic meal there in June :thumbsup2

IIRC, Y&Y is owned/run by Landry restaurants.
edit to add: I've read other reviews by people on the DxDDP that each restaurant, Disney & non-Disney owned had different rules for what drinks they could order. Some only allow soda/tea/coffee and others included virgin drinks, smoothies & milkshakes.

Sorry you didn't like. We had our second best meal of the trip there on September 3.

I also ate there on Sept 8th and thought it was FAB!!!:goodvibes

There is never any guarantee that your beverage will include specialty items - ie something other than the basic soda, juice, milk, regular tea/coffee.

I wasn't a huge fan either when we ate there in July for dinner. It was "good" but not overly.

I know this may be a little OT since it's not DDP-related, but has anyone tried using a Landry gift card here? I've called Landry's gift card dept. and left a message asking this very question, but no one has taken the time to call me back with a definite answer and was hoping someone could tell me "yes" or "no." Not a really hard thing to do. :)

Thanks!

For the non-WDW owned places they tend to be strict about what is allowed on the DDP. I know at Wolfgang Puck Express I haven't been allowed to order bottled water even though it's the same water you get everywhere for CS. The difference in the cost between what the meal costs and what showed on your bill is that is the amount they get reimbursed for by WDW. It's the same way at all the non WDW owned places that they actually get paid less than they would charge you. I'm suprised the server gave you that bill with the lesser amount first normally we get the higher bill and tip on that and then they come back with the adjusted bill.

We had lunch there on 9/22. Since we didn't have an ADR went to the door at 11 to see if we could get in and we got reservations for 11:15. We didn't mind the early time as we were hungry and really wanted to eat there. I'm glad we did I thought the food was very good. I am putting this one on my list for future visits.

We've had luck at only about half of TS meals for something other than soda, milk, coffee or tea. The rest told us that didn't get any other choices - that's 4 week long+ trips with the DDP.

It's not just Yak and Yeti, that's for sure.

We ate there for lunch. Had a great meal, I had tea to drink. No problem. Was given the normal price for the meal. I don't understand why someone would wait to go into a place and not look at the posted menu. Even though we were on the dining plan, we would always look at the menu while waiting to see if any new items had been added.

We had lunch there 2 times on our trip--Sept. 20-27. We loved it!!! I got iced tea on the dining plan. We will definately go back next September.:) :)

my daughter and i ate there in late august and I thought the food was great...:confused3

My 19 yo DS ate some of the CS in May and it was great.........I had to steal a bite.........:lmao:. I wanted to eat there but I have the pickiest family ever. I will go there to eat one day if I have to go by myself............lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter