• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wyndham Bonnet Creek description of towers, pools, and views

newdisneycrazy

Earning My Ears
I've read MOST of the "We love Bonnet Creek" thread, but I've done it over the past month. I don't remember specifically seeing anything about this, so if it was in there, sorry to repeat the question!

I was hoping to understand the differences between the towers, in the hopes of requesting the best one for our family when we go next month.

Can we start to put together a list of the pros/cons/features of each tower? Why did you request a certain tower? What type of pool does each tower have? Does each tower have flat screen TV's? Which is the best tower/floor to see Illuminations? Wishes?

Maybe some of this is on the web already?

I'm happy to edit my post and fill in the information so it's all in one easy to reach spot, but I haven't stayed there yet, so I don't know anything yet.... would appreciate any information you knowledgeable folks have!

Thanks so much! :)

Just a bit of info I gathered from a search of this forum:

Building 1: Torre de la Tierra
-has 7 floors. Even numbered units face the lake.

Building 2:Torre Del Vinto
-has 9 floors. Even numbered units face the lake
- closest to the main building/activity center/starbucks coffee/ lobby
- can have a lake and fireworks view (high floors)

Building 3: Torre del Mar
-has 9 floors. Even numbered units face the lake.
-has a water play area for kids (if i remember correctly).
-has a pool bar
- has karaoke by the pool bar

Building 4: Torre del Cielo
-has 15 floors. Odd numbered units face the lake
-also near the parking deck. It's actually located between (and behind) Tower 4 and 5.
- has a pool bar
- close to shuffleboard

Building 5: Torre de la Luna
-has 15(?) floors. Odd numbered units face the lake
-has a lazy river
- has a fort themed pool
-"kids liked that pool and Lazy River the best and it was a quick walk to 6, which was their second favorite pool."
-close to the parking deck

Building 6: Torre del Sol
-has 19 floors. Odd numbered units face the lake.
-has a slide and pirate pool
-next to the one under construction
- has a shuttle pick-up
-All 1, 2, and 3 Bedroom Presidential units are located in Building 6.

Here's a couple other things I can think of.

Tower 4 is also near the parking deck. It's actually located between (and behind) Tower 4 and 5.

Tower 3 has a water play area for kids (if i remember correctly).

There are pool bars by Tower 4 and Tower 3.

Karaoke is done at the pool bar by Tower 3. (might increase the noise level if you are worried about that).

Tower 4 is next to the shuffleboard/grills

Tower 2 and 4 are the closest to the main building/activity center/starbucks coffee/ lobby

Current Shuttle pick ups are by Tower 6 and the Main Building.

Towers 2, 3, and 6 can have both a lake view and Fireworks view (primarily upper floors).

these are just off the top of my head, but hopefully it'll help get things started. Others, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

We're staying at WBC in November and wondered if anyone would suggest the best building(s) to request that is near the pool bar/restaurant and a pool better suited for older kids/teenagers.
Thanks!
Jen

Might want to mention which towers have the zero entry pools...

Good idea.. I like this thread! haven't decided what tower I want to request.. I was thinking 5

I've read MOST of the "We love Bonnet Creek" thread, but I've done it over the past month. I don't remember specifically seeing anything about this, so if it was in there, sorry to repeat the question!

I was hoping to understand the differences between the towers, in the hopes of requesting the best one for our family when we go next month.

Can we start to put together a list of the pros/cons/features of each tower? Why did you request a certain tower? What type of pool does each tower have? Does each tower have flat screen TV's? Which is the best tower/floor to see Illuminations? Wishes?

Maybe some of this is on the web already?

I'm happy to edit my post and fill in the information so it's all in one easy to reach spot, but I haven't stayed there yet, so I don't know anything yet.... would appreciate any information you knowledgeable folks have!

Thanks so much! :)

Just a bit of info I gathered from a search of this forum:

Building 1: Torre de la Tierra
-has 7 floors. Even numbered units face the lake.

Building 2:Torre Del Vinto
-has 9 floors. Even numbered units face the lake

Building 3: Torre del Mar
-has 9 floors. Even numbered units face the lake.
-has a water play area for kids (if i remember correctly).
-has a pool bar
- has karaoke by the pool bar

Building 4: Torre del Cielo
-has 15 floors. Odd numbered units face the lake
-also near the parking deck. It's actually located between (and behind) Tower 4 and 5.
- has a pool bar
- close to shuffleboard

Building 5: Torre de la Luna
-has 15(?) floors. Odd numbered units face the lake
-has a lazy river
- has a fort themed pool
-"kids liked that pool and Lazy River the best and it was a quick walk to 6, which was their second favorite pool."
-close to the parking deck

Building 6: Torre del Sol
-has 19 floors. Odd numbered units face the lake.
-has a slide and pirate pool
-next to the one under construction
- has a shuttle pick-up

Can I ask if the 2 bedroom presidential units in tower 6 face the lake?

Nobody has answered the question about the LCD Flat screens? I seriously laughed out loud when I saw the room pictures on the main thread with the boat anchor tv sets. You can't even by those tv's anymore where I'm from. I know no one goes to DW to watch tv, but if they put those garbage bin tv's in a place this new it makes me wonder what other corners were cut?

The resort looks great, the rates available from some sources seem like incredible value, but I still have an uneasy feeling.

Nobody has answered the question about the LCD Flat screens? I seriously laughed out loud when I saw the room pictures on the main thread with the boat anchor tv sets. You can't even by those tv's anymore where I'm from. I know no one goes to DW to watch tv, but if they put those garbage bin tv's in a place this new it makes me wonder what other corners were cut?

The resort looks great, the rates available from some sources seem like incredible value, but I still have an uneasy feeling.
Bonnet Creek was being built right during the HDTV turnover, when those sets were very expensive, so some of the older towers may still have the tube TVs.

I have never had a non-flatscreen, but I have not stayed in tower 1 or 2.

As for your feelings of doubt, I hope lots of people feel the same way. Keeps the price down for us non-doubters!

We have stayed at Bonnet Creek several times and I don't know what kind of TV we had. Looked through pictures and can't find where we have a picture of one. I don't even think we turned it on while we where there. This July I am going to make note of the TV in each bedroom and living area. We will have 3 condos and now I am curious.

Hi,
We just returned from a week at BC. This was our second stay there this year. We bought AP's and are getting our money's worth! In January, we stayed in Tower 4 facing the lake. We had a 2BR/2BA that had flat screen TV's. It was a nice view overlooking the pool/tiki bar area.

This past week we stayed in Tower 1. The balcony was twice as large as the one we had in Twr 4 and the 2nd Bathroom had a door entry from the hallway as well as the bathroom. This was a plus that Twr 4 did not have. The 2nd Bathroom in that unit could only be entered from the hallway. Since my mom was the one occupying that room it made it much nicer for her. This tower has also been renovated so the counter tops were granite whereas the ones in 4 were standard. This building is closest to the playground and mini golf areas. The closest pool is at the main building which is a little bit of a walk but not too bad.

We have been very pleased with both of our stays. The first time we received a phone call each morning from the front desk. We knew it was for the Timeshare Tour so we simply didn't answer. this time when we got our parking pass the lady asked if we had stayed before. When we told her we had and that we did not do the tour because we had an owner we rent from she said ok and we were never bothered again.

Hope this helps some.

Bonnet Creek was being built right during the HDTV turnover, when those sets were very expensive, so some of the older towers may still have the tube TVs.

I have never had a non-flatscreen, but I have not stayed in tower 1 or 2.

As for your feelings of doubt, I hope lots of people feel the same way. Keeps the price down for us non-doubters!

Us doubters are happy to be of service! :rotfl:
Seriously though, I'm not wanting to doubt and the place looks great! It's just that we come from 2500 miles away to DW, usually for 2 weeks and just a little paranoid it some part of it won't live up to expectations. We really enjoy staying at DW resorts and using the bus service. I don't want to rent a car. Obviously these rooms give you a lot more for your dollar than the DW resorts, which is quite attractive. But there is some give and take. Also the website to rent these isn't exactly confidence inspiring. Can't help but feel my money will somehow disappear.

Does anyone Know what the newest tower in Bonett Creek is and do you recommennd it. If we ask for a lake view in 6 will we be bothered by construction? Thanks Cindy

Am trying to decide whether or not to request a building for our August stay for my DH and I, in our early 50s (boy does that pain me to say that!), DD-21, DD-18 and DD's BF - 19.

I have a feeling that we will be happy "wherever." :)

2 questions....

Can someone tell me which Towers have been updated? when I went in July we were supposed to stay in Tower 1 - I think it was tower 1, but there had been a fire on that floor and we asked to move because it still smelled like smoke in the hallway. The decor was not the same as what we had in Tower 5.

Is Tower 6 all presidential units?

So that means if I have a 3 bedroom Presidential booked for June then I will definately be in Tower 6, right? Or did I read that wrong?

Thx

GatorCindy, construction at the facility was completed last fall, so you'll have no issues with anything like that blocking your views. I believe Tower 6 was the last to be completed. We stayed in Tower 5 with a lake view, and there were no obstructions there or at Tower 6, which is right next door.

We have the 4 bedroom Presidential Reserve next week in tower 6. Room number 1619, do you know what floor it is on? Will there be dishwasher soap, trash bags, laundry detergent available? What times to the shuttles come and go to Disney? Any ice cream desserts located at Bonnet Creek? Thanks!

Us doubters are happy to be of service! :rotfl:
Seriously though, I'm not wanting to doubt and the place looks great! It's just that we come from 2500 miles away to DW, usually for 2 weeks and just a little paranoid it some part of it won't live up to expectations. We really enjoy staying at DW resorts and using the bus service. I don't want to rent a car. Obviously these rooms give you a lot more for your dollar than the DW resorts, which is quite attractive. But there is some give and take. Also the website to rent these isn't exactly confidence inspiring. Can't help but feel my money will somehow disappear.

Are you from Saskatchewan?? I'm from Ontario and own there. Our best friends, who have the $$ to travel the world (and have) think that this is probably one of the nicest places that they have ever stayed at. I think a few years ago we stayed in Building 3 for the night and had an older tv., but we were out doing things so it didn't affect us, and we LOVE LOVE LOVE tv!! (we even have one in the kitchen) I would suggest that you do rent a car though, the shuttles do not have great times and generally speaking it's a pain because of the lack of times available. You literally are right on property with very little commute time. Pay by paypal and then pay your paypal with your cc so that way you have added protection if you are renting. Rent from reputable people. I could have never thought that I would like it as much as I do, but we stayed in the Grand Floridian recently and believe it or not liked Bonnet Creek more. Wish you the best!

We have the 4 bedroom Presidential Reserve next week in tower 6. Room number 1619, do you know what floor it is on? Will there be dishwasher soap, trash bags, laundry detergent available? What times to the shuttles come and go to Disney? Any ice cream desserts located at Bonnet Creek? Thanks!
Yes there will be soap, trash bags etc., and if you need more just call and they will send it right up. I bring my own laundry soap pods because I don't like the the soap that they have. Ice cream sundays is between 3-4pm, shuttles you have to book ahead of time and are generally not great times. Sorry don't know the floor number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter