WWYD? Park Hopper or Genie+ or dessert party?

Just my daughter (7) and I are going to the Disneyland Resort in August. This is probably our last trip for a while. I'm trying to keep some sort of budget in place! I am down to three things. Do I get park hoppers on a 3 day ticket? Or should I get Genie+ on those tickets? Or should I stick with a base ticket and no upgrades and do the World of Color dessert package? My daughter loves to go-go-go but when she hits a wall she is ready to be done. So I am thinking we will take afternoon breaks and head back to the hotel for a swim and/or nap. There is always the possibility that doesn't happen and we need to head out for the night earlier than expected. What would you do? Which one would hold the most value for you?
Headed to DL in August with 3 kids under nine. While we are doing the dessert party, so Granny can sit!, they are more excited for the rides and parades, than WOC, I showed them a video, but it was more, cool but what about the tea cups?
For our family, it would be more valuable to have shorter lines, especially if you are going to take breaks. Young kids and heat and long lines...cue the meltdown. Go early for fantasy land rides and book LL for your afternoon park hop, and throughout your break time. That way when you come back from break, you have your shorter lines set up. I would do park hoppers and get Genie at least on the first day. One day could be non genie rides and shows. Last day could try without and buy if it's not going well. Genie for at least one member is worth it for photopass if you like to do that. At least with photo pass I show up in some of the vacation pics, most of the time I'm taking them and I am just not good with the selfie stuff.

If it were me I would worry about pre-paying/committing to the WOC dessert party because I would be afraid my daughter would tire out the day of the party and not be able to stay up for the show. I would do park hoppers and then consider doing Genie + if I felt like I needed it when I got there. You can even just do it for one of you one day and use that day as the say you go to all the photographers and get your picture taken since there will only be the two of you so you can get some pictures together.
You can’t cancel or reschedule the dessert party same day, so that’s a lot of pressure if your child is tired. I did do it with my 7 year old but we were only doing one park day and we took a big break around 5pm, returning back for WOC about 7:30.

If I were in your position I probably wouldn’t have the dessert party as one of your options since it’s just one hour of your entire trip. Any of the other two options will greatly impact your entire trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter