WOW DVC Prices !!!

Detroiter here. Michigan as a whole is a world of beauty, recommend to all. Currently at the family beach house, even cold the lakes here are beautiful.
Would that be the panhandle part? (Not even sure it's called the panhandle lol)

I honestly think some of the buyer incredulity, particularly on this forum, relates in some extent to the whole "exit strategy", ROI mindset that many have. By that I mean, there are so many people on here who stubbornly refuse to look at DVC as purely sunk cost and who absolutely cannot envision holding on to their points without some ability to exit DVC ator above their initial buy-in.

For those people, a seller who isn't crawling out of their skin to sell their points just because of the market downturn must be crazy or an idiot.

Bottom line Dvc is a timeshare that you purchase to enjoy, not something you should enter with a plan to make money. I remember some really great prices from 2009 - 2013ish. Will see where the dvc market is in another year. If I was buying I would wait another year. If selling I would probably sell now.
I guess I'm doing it wrong, then.
I just pulled back my SSR listing, as I can wait until prices recover before letting it go, and I just added on at BWV,
at a price well below what we saw during COVID. Buy-Low/Sell-High is what I was aiming for ??? :)

Would that be the panhandle part?

A brief introduction to Michigander Geography:
  • Up North: Anything at or north of Gaylord or anything more than a two hours drive north from my current position in the state, whichever is farther south.
  • The UP: (The Yoo Pee) The Upper Peninsula. (Thanks, Ohio!)
    • Yoopers: People who live in the UP.
  • The Bridge or Big Mac: Mackinac (mack'-un-aw) Bridge, connecting the Lower and Upper Peninsulas.
    • Trolls: People who live in the Lower Peninsula, "under the bridge."
  • The Thumb: The spit of land forming the Eastern portion of Saginaw Bay
  • South Detroit: Despite the song, no such place exists. If you stand downtown and go south you end up in Windsor, Ontario. This does not prevent people from belting it out at any Detroit sporting event.
  • The Big House: World's Largest Killers Sing-A-Long.
When asked where they are from, a Troll will point to a spot on their hand, as if everyone just knows the map by heart. Michigan is also the proud home to Temperance, Hell, and Climax.

More seriously, Detroit is a great music city, from Motown, through Rock City, to Detroit Techno. I apologize on behalf of Michiganders for Ted Nugent and Kid Rock. Eminem and Madonna are fine though. You can even get some of Mom's Spaghetti.

Edited: fixed the Journey/South Detroit link.

Last edited:
A brief introduction to Michigander Geography:
  • Up North: Anything at or north of Gaylord or anything more than a two hours drive north from my current position in the state, whichever is farther south.
  • The UP: (The Yoo Pee) The Upper Peninsula. (Thanks, Ohio!)
    • Yoopers: People who live in the UP.
  • The Bridge or Big Mac: Mackinac (mack'-un-aw) Bridge, connecting the Lower and Upper Peninsulas.
    • Trolls: People who live in the Lower Peninsula, "under the bridge."
  • The Thumb: The spit of land forming the Eastern portion of Saginaw Bay
  • South Detroit: Despite the song, no such place exists. If you stand downtown and go south you end up in Windsor, Ontario. This does not prevent people from belting it out at any Detroit sporting event.
  • The Big House: World's Largest Killers Sing-A-Long.
When asked where they are from, a Troll will point to a spot on their hand, as if everyone just knows the map by heart. Michigan is also the proud home to Temperance, Hell, and Climax.

More seriously, Detroit is a great music city, from Motown, through Rock City, to Detroit Techno. I apologize on behalf of Michiganders for Ted Nugent and Kid Rock. Eminem and Madonna are fine though. You can even get some of Mom's Spaghetti.
NAN-I love Ted Nugent & Chris Rock 😂
I just had that hand/thumb reference shown to me in the AKV-Jambo Hot Tub last month! 😂

Last edited:

When asked where they are from, a Troll will point to a spot on their hand, as if everyone just knows the map by heart.
So THATS the reference. One of my favorite musicals Rock of Ages they sing Don't Stop Believein' and they all point to their palm on the word Michigan and for the life of me I never knew why...thank you for clearing up that mystery. Meanwhile one of my good friends at work is from Michigan and I guess I could've asked her all this time!

Hi, fellow land-locked person! I'm in the Omaha area and just happy that today's weather is decent....since tomorrow it's going to snow.
I’m in the Lincoln area so right by you! So ready to get to consistently warm weather, I get so tired of being stuck inside for so much of the year!

I live about 10 miles from Durham, it’s a great uni, I hope your daughter had a great time
She (and we) absolutely loved it. Had the best time. Ended up going to Oxford to do her masters after graduating and then worked at Oxford for a year. She just came back to start a Phd so she was in England about 5 years (minus of few months of the pandemic). Such an amazing experience. Durham and that part of Northern England are so beautiful--we miss visiting her there. I spent a lot of time over there when she was in school.

Last edited:
The overwhelming majority of mankind: "You know, Don't Stop Believin' is one of the greatest rock songs of all time."
Michiganders: "You know, South Detroit doesn't exist."
The overwhelming majority of mankind: "Unfortunately, the rest of Detroit does..."

😜
Blew past Detroit on our one & only trip to Michigan, on our way to Cheboygan. My SIL lived there, and worked there until the Pampers Plant shut down. We went to the UP, and Macinac Island to see the horse-drawn carriages, and we played “Blooper Ball”. All-in-All, a nice vacation.
Never been back…..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter