• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WOW DVC Prices !!!

Had anybody else noticed the total listings are down to around 2300 from the 2600+ of just a few weeks ago? I'm hoping we didn't pass the glut of availability.
Yes, total listings were 2631 on February 23 and they now sit at 2357 30 days later.

Also, resale prices appear to have stabilized over the last week or two.

Not surprising. We're in peak spring break season, which seems to be one of the more popular times to by DVC. I suspect people return from their WDW vacations and start looking online.

Just skimmed the ROFR thread. Wow! Prices are coming down. I saw a BW in the 80’s. It looks like the the resorts holding their value right now are Poly (probably due to uncertainty with tower) and CCV - newest resort that still trades into legacy. It will be interesting to see where the prices fall. I don’t think Disney is in any position to be buying back real estate right now, so the bottom is yet to be seen.
Kind of leveling off right now, not sure if bottom or will take another dip.

I always wondered where people who live in HI consider exotic. Detroit?! :laughing:

(Apologies to Detroiters.)
Vegas.

But why even list it then. I have followed up a month at a time with a BWV 120 point contract. They will not budge below $130. The contract is worth around $115-$120 and that is slowly decreasing. At this point you are just hoping for an ignorant unicorn to come along. Just pull the listing and wait.
They list it because they might have paid $140, 2 years ago and just testing the waters to see if they can get their money back before buying VDH or who knows what else.

Not everyone is in need of selling, only the ones in need or don’t care about the money are willing to sell at these lower prices. But if they NEED to sell they will most likely have to drop the price.

Last edited:
Yes, total listings were 2631 on February 23 and they now sit at 2357 30 days later.

Also, resale prices appear to have stabilized over the last week or two.

Not surprising. We're in peak spring break season, which seems to be one of the more popular times to by DVC. I suspect people return from their WDW vacations and start looking online.
They’ve definitely leveled out, however because there’s no ROFR activity, you’re still going to see some crazy new low prices pass through the ROFR thread. Those seem to be outliers right now though.

They’ve definitely leveled out, however because there’s no ROFR activity, you’re still going to see some crazy new low prices pass through the ROFR thread. Those seem to be outliers right now though.
Once we get past spring break, historically DVC interest drops off.

It will be interesting to see if prices again continue downward or if they remain level.

Unless there bad economic news, I think we’re at a leveling off point for a few months.

Direct pricing is going to have to do something. We bought direct and backed out during our 10 day grace period… ended up buying SSR resale. We would love to buy direct points (would be enticed to buy more if the blue card minimum came down)…. The difference between direct and resale is so stark right now. Disney is going to have to sweeten the pot to pull people back.

Direct pricing is going to have to do something. We bought direct and backed out during our 10 day grace period… ended up buying SSR resale. We would love to buy direct points (would be enticed to buy more if the blue card minimum came down)…. The difference between direct and resale is so stark right now. Disney is going to have to sweeten the pot to pull people back.
I agree. The best/easiest thing they could do that would get a lot of people buying direct would be free financing.

It is a way to maintain the direct pricing with out a discount or actually lowering the price of direct points. Not sure what Disney pays to borrow money, but it would be another "hidden" way to lower the price in this economy.

Agreed, i just dont see the value in direct, even if the perks were guaranteed.
I may just hold out for resale VDH. (unless VGC drops big time)

I may just hold out for resale VDH
I was thinking about this in a different context, but there might be reason to just go ahead and buy VDH. It will take a few years after the resort opens before there is critical mass in resale availability. If you would just rent rooms for cash in the meantime, there is some value in getting started as an owner right away.

Does it make up the entire difference? Maybe not. But resale VDH is only going to be usable at VDH, and that also changes the value proposition quite a bit. Based on our experience with Riviera, I'm not sure that difference is fully priced into resale values--at least, not for me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a dyed-in-the-wool resale timeshare owner. I've never even gone on a tour let alone considered a developer purchase. But, that doesn't mean it's a terrible idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter