• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WOW DVC Prices !!!

Since there was a complaint in the rofr thread, i figured id quote your post over here. ;)
One thing i wanted to add was that at these prices BRV makes just as much sense if not more sense to buy for SAP than SSR.
I mean why not get a resort closer to a park for the same prices and similar MF.
The only way SSR is worth it now (unless you want it as a home resort) is if the price is in the $80s or lower.
.65/point more for BRV dues and 12 years less plus it's still less to purchase SSR.

Not saying it can't make sense to purchase BRV over SSR if you want to stay there, want studios or are very specific on dates (especially Dec) but to say they make as much sense for SAP is not correct.

As I understand it, yes. It is a condition of transfer that an un-extended OKW contract have a quit-claim associated with it. If you neither extended nor disclaimed, you cannot transfer until you do.

(I have no idea what Disney would do if you refused and tried to transfer anyway.)

I can't remember but isn't one of the things of ROFR that they have 30 days to do it. It doesn't state that they have to pass its just that the resale companies give Disney leeway because otherwise they might find it difficult to stay in business. So you could push it through then it would come down to member services not giving you access to the points you legally own (filed contract with county) at which point you are in the same spot the original owner was in.

Not sure on my first part being right though I think I remember seeing that but not positive.

I disagree, with the economy changing, placing poly tower under resale restrictions will prolong sales. They are already bleeding, hence the layoffs. They will want to sell as fast as possible.

Not sure why

They will be able to rent the new tower fairly well out of the gate likely. Riviera is crazy expensive on cash and still sells out as well.

If anything Disney makes out like a bandit to slow play the initial sales, DVC members fund a shiny new hotel (that Disney gets to drive off the lot before handing it over a year or two later to most owners), and charge crazy prices since over time they have less and less rooms on cash they need to rent.

Living here in Hawaii, Aulani is a resort of last resort. But we do love it. So much that we own points there too. I can’t ever imagine doing a resort only stay at WDW. Not for the distance we travel.

Not for the price of a stay.

I think its crazy people are willing to pay the severely inflated Disney prices to stay at a averagely themed resort that is continually over run with people since it operates at 100% capacity almost every day of the year.

Also not like Disney Springs is something that different than other shopping areas in the US that exist. Its a nice area but its not some destination.

If I was going to go to the same location every year and not go to WDW there are plenty of more economical options with much better locations. Heck you have places in the midwest with actual waterparks (like better than Blizzard Beach) attached to them essentially included.

I think its crazy people are willing to pay the severely inflated Disney prices to stay at a averagely themed resort that is continually over run with people since it operates at 100% capacity almost every day of the year.
Most people probably do not have that much cash laying around, nor do they want to commit such a huge chunk of money, to buy into DVC.

I can't remember but isn't one of the things of ROFR that they have 30 days to do it. It doesn't state that they have to pass its just that the resale companies give Disney leeway because otherwise they might find it difficult to stay in business. So you could push it through then it would come down to member services not giving you access to the points you legally own (filed contract with county) at which point you are in the same spot the original owner was in.

Not sure on my first part being right though I think I remember seeing that but not positive.

Not sure why

They will be able to rent the new tower fairly well out of the gate likely. Riviera is crazy expensive on cash and still sells out as well.

If anything Disney makes out like a bandit to slow play the initial sales, DVC members fund a shiny new hotel (that Disney gets to drive off the lot before handing it over a year or two later to most owners), and charge crazy prices since over time they have less and less rooms on cash they need to rent.

The contract says DVD must be given at least 30 days for ROFR before setting the closing date.

So, it’s not only 30 days. Resale brokers do set it longer because you can’t close until that happens and you have to have time to get all the paperwork generated so that is why we see 45 to 60 day averages.

What you are getting are not free though. You get what you are entitled to when buying..which is current UY points.

Sure, there are no 2022 MFs but thst is because those fees are for operations of the resort and by calendar year so if you become an owner today, you can’t be charged to resorts operations for days yoy didn’t own.

And yes, resale deals include it sometimes, but that is a private deal and not the same.

The free developer points that were offered some years ago were in addition to what you were entitled to. We got SSR points plus all our regular points when we bought a June UY in May for BLT. Those SSR points had a one year use IIRC.
Do you have to pay annual dues on those points? I bought some direct points last year and completely forget whether they charged us for those points?

Do you have to pay annual dues on those points? I bought some direct points last year and completely forget whether they charged us for those points?

When buying direct, you pay prorated dues from the day you purchase for that calendar year..unless it’s a resort that is new and opening..regardless of what set of points you get

If two people buy 100 points on April 1st, esch will be paying 9 months of dues.

If one has a UY of Feb, the first set of points will be 2023 points, because we have started the Feb 2023 UY already.

If the other person has a UY iif June, the first set of points are 2022 points since the 2023 UY doesn’t start until June 1st

in both cases, the dues charged for each of these owners will be exactly the same, because they bought the same day and dues are based on when your ownership begins.

It is why many people who add on will wait and do it closer to the end of the UY to maximize their purchase.

Most people probably do not have that much cash laying around, nor do they want to commit such a huge chunk of money, to buy into DVC.

Ya my point was more some people do though. I was more so agreeing that I can't see traveling to WDW and doing a resort only (even if it was a 2 hour drive).

Aulani you can do "resort only" because people talk about how it blows any other DVC resort out of the water in basically all aspects.

The contract says DVD must be given at least 30 days for ROFR before setting the closing date.

So, it’s not only 30 days. Resale brokers do set it longer because you can’t close until that happens and you have to have time to get all the paperwork generated so that is why we see 45 to 60 day averages.

Correct so given at least 30 days. It doesn't say ROFR needs to be completed.

I would want a broker to show where in the rules/regulations it states Disney has to action before you can close. I don't believe that was ever discovered in the various threads back in the day you just had Brokers setting like 90 day closing windows to give Disney time (since its in the best interest of the broker to work with Disney).

Ya my point was more some people do though. I was more so agreeing that I can't see traveling to WDW and doing a resort only (even if it was a 2 hour drive).

Aulani you can do "resort only" because people talk about how it blows any other DVC resort out of the water in basically all aspects.

Correct so given at least 30 days. It doesn't say ROFR needs to be completed.

I would want a broker to show where in the rules/regulations it states Disney has to action before you can close. I don't believe that was ever discovered in the various threads back in the day you just had Brokers setting like 90 day closing windows to give Disney time (since its in the best interest of the broker to work with Disney).

It doesn’t say they can’t close it because of ROFR, but they cant close it until estoppel is issued which can’t be requested until one has passed the 30 day mark. And, IIRC, once that is requested, DVD has 10 business days to complete that action.

So, realistically the closing date is not going to be any sooner than 45 to 60 days. Now, brokers certainly do not want to start the process to close a contract without that document, but could they request estoppel at day 31? Yes…

Aulani listing just reduced to $95/pt.
Must.
Resist.
Urge.
To Add-on!

Wait it out because it will continue to decrease especially if airfare keeps inflating fairly quickly and the economy keeps going in its current direction.
The best time to buy is when prices are lowest. Since no one knows that, the second best time to buy is when prices start to inch up again. You'll still get the advantage of the low price, and you'll also (hopefully) see gains as demand increases and prices increase.

The best time to buy is when prices are lowest. Since no one knows that, the second best time to buy is when prices start to inch up again. You'll still get the advantage of the low price, and you'll also (hopefully) see gains as demand increases and prices increase.

I would honestly wait to see if ROFR picks up. There will be a slight uptick in pricing as some people decide to wait on listing but then will further reduce as new people who are selling don't realize what the price of resale was 6/12 months ago.

I suspect a good number of people with contracts on the market or that would have listed recently actively saw the price come down.

Its sort of like when you go to buy something. If it was $100 for something yesterday and $125 today you might decide to just wait. If it was $125 yesterday and $125 today then you might go for it because you are fine with $125 its just the first example you now think you are getting ripped off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter