Would you use a walkway from AKL to AK?

Would you use a walkway from AKL to AK?

• Yes

Votes: 111 84.1%
  • No

Votes: 21 15.9%

• Total voters
So what you're saying about the sidewalk from all stars to Coronado is that if there is enough demand (foot traffic) and it's logistically feasible Disney will build a sidewalk. Which means OP's idea will never happen. Maybe they will get a gondola :-)

I view pedestrian and bike friendly roads as a quality of life issue. I'm personally more at ease when I don't feel totally dependent on motor vehicles. It would be nice but I realize it's impractical for Disney. The cost benefit analysis does not favor a project like this.
I don't think it's if there is enough foot traffic, but if there is a way to make money with the addition of the sidewalk.

a path would increase foot traffic but not add revenue to the resort.

Anything that boosts occupancy or can trigger a rate increase adds revenue. Making a resort more desirable is a good way to do both.

Who says it isn't desireable?

The rates and occupancy levels.

It will never happen (and never will bikes/bike trails).

I'll never say never but posts talking only about things that will or have happened get old to me sometimes. Like Walt said...."If you can dream it, you can do it"

There is no reason at all for walking paths. They provide buses, they want you on buses and they don't want to have to create safe crossings and deal with guest issues.

Without question Disney is considering alternatives to the bus system. In 30 years the bus system will seem archaic.

Absolutely! We always use WDW transportation when visiting and I would love to be able to walk between the resort and park; especially if it is only a mile. You could spend about the same amount of time on your feet waiting for the bus as it would take to walk. And you may be on your feet once on board the bus as you are making your way to the park or resort. We have only stayed at AKL once but will definitely be booking another stay, both wife and I love this resort.

BWV is our home resort. We always walk to DHS. I have never seen a cast member "monitoring" the walkway, nor do I think one is required. It is located right along a waterway, with no fencing either. To me, it would be similar to a walkway between AKL and AK.

I don't agree with all you guys that say adding a path would not add revenue for Disney. I believe this would make a big selling point for the AKL, maybe triggering enough upsell from moderates to AKL to make it worth.

It would also add consistency to Deluxes, AKL being the only resort requiring buses to go to theme parks. Come on, cars/bus are so 20th century!

We stayed at AKL last year and would have loved a walkway to AK. We stayed at BC the year before and we're definitely going back because of the easy walking access to Epcot and HS. We walked early in the morning to HS for EMH and we beat the boat by a mile (and we were pushing a stroller) but we did get the boat back.

AKL is the cheapest deluxe, mainly I think, because of the fact that you can't walk to any theme park even though it is the most gorgeous of all the hotels (imo). If it is easily accessible to a theme park via a walkway then the rates could increase. Plus, on a selfish point of view, easier access means more non-guests will visit and crowd the tranquil areas we love!

Another yes vote here. Being able to walk to a park is a big part of our enjoyment of the Boardwalk.

Nope, too lazy, we do enough walking on disney vacations, busses run frequently enough even for my highly impatient self

not sure.

the walk I can do - but disney when they could did NOT do this for AKL. Disney hardily ever goes back and adds things once they have build the resort. (Okay DVC is an exemption probably because DVC members pay for it).

so don't count on it. AKL did not even have outside walking until AKV was build. It is still mostly the parking lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter