Would you still use a stroller at DL for a 4-year-old?

jaxy82

Earning My Ears
Hi there; I'm new here!

We're taking our kids on our first family trip to DL in May; my daughter will be 16 months old and my son will be turning four while we're there. We are debating whether to take two strollers, or just one ... He has a lot of stamina but it's so much walking ... On the other hand, if he doesn't want to ride, it could be a pain to drag around, and could impede us from making quick moves like trying the wide right theory for RSR.

Curious about whether you would; or if you have any tips?

We rented a double stroller for our 2 and 4 yr old (almost 5) and it was a life saver! We could just move faster from land to land. We would often just park it at one place and then walk to several rides at a time.

Hi Jaxi, welcome! I would take a stroller for a 4 year, maybe even a 5 year old. You'll get a slew of answers here, but if you think you might need one, take it, or plan to rent one.

Absolutely positively yes. We are here right now with our 4.5 yr old, who also typically has a lot of stamina, but our stroller has been invaluable. It's easy enough to park it in a particular land and leave it while you do the rides in that land and then pick it up before you move on, so it's always close by when you need it. I would not do DL with a four year old without a stroller. Maybe not even a five year old.

Bring the stroller. We had a double four our first trip when the kids were 2 and 4, then used it again when they were almost 3 and 5. This year DD is turning 6 during the trip, and we're planning on renting a double (don't use strollers at home any more.) It'll be hot and the kids will have had some late nights, so it's nice to let them ride in the stroller. They even both slept in it at the same time! It's nice to have a basket and a place to toss your stuff.

When DD was 4 we took a stroller for her. When she was 5 I still brought one to the parks for her that we used in the evening when she was tired. I would definitely bring one for a 4 year old.

I plan on renting a double for my 5.5 and 2.5 year-old kids. I figure if I get tired walking around, my 5.5 year-old would too! Plus if he goes in the stroller then his lil sis is more likely to stay in there too.

Without a doubt! My 6 year old ended up in the stroller a LOT in November, and my 9 year old even hitched a ride! It's a LOT of walking!

I would bring one. The kids tire at night and we like bringing the stroller to carry some of our stuff like water bottles, snacks and light jackets for those cool evenings.

yes. we brought a stroller for just 4 yr old last june and we did take breaks but I think the stroller helped her not get so tired and saved all of us for the evening hrs.
It's a long day.
We were there two days ago and had to use stroller for her broken leg but I would have brought one anyway and you don't have to worry about them getting lost when they are in the stroller. also it didn't stop us from making that wide right and jumping on RSR first thing.

If memory serves me correctly my kids were not fast enough walkers to keep up to me when they were 4 - so yes, take one.

We brought one with us when our DD just turned 5 -- just in case. We never needed it. Not once. But it was good to have it in the hotel room if she became tired. It was fabulous not having to use it, though! So much easier to get around. ;)

I just returned from a trip and my son turned 4 while we were there. We used the stroller for him every day, and we NEVER use one at home. If you are already parking another stroller for rides, I would not hesitate. Another option is a buggy board, of it will work with your other stroller.

Yes, take the stroller for the 4 year old! My son was almost 4 on out last trip and never uses a stroller at home, but he used it all the time at DL. Even our 8 year old would sit in it if her brother was walking for a bit.

Absolutely! DS has been a couple of times since turning 4. We'll be going a few more times this year and will definitely bring the stroller. We usually leave the stroller in the hotel room for the morning/early afternoon and bring it back to the parks for the evening. We found that we were parking the stroller a lot during the day and DS was riding in it more at night. So, we just started leaving it at the hotel. :cool1:

I would take one for him but don't be surprised if you don't need it. We took our kids a few years back and my son turned 4 on the trip. We had just spent two days in San Diego (Sea World and Zoo) so our first DL day was his third day in a row of being on the go. We thought he'd need one for sure so we lugged it along. It ended up holding our backpack all day and was a real pain in the rear. We left it in the room the rest of the trip and had no issues.

I am another one who says YES! I am probably going to take one for our 5 yr olds! I am hoping it is the last year we need to take one but they still get tired walking all day. (I am only taking a single though, so they are going to have to take turns!) When my older two turned 6 they were both fine keeping up all day but at 4 all 4 of them still needed a stroller. Have a great trip!

I used a stroller for my dd through age 5. For a 4 year old I would definitely take it and it's nice to have it to hold stuff!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!