Would you buy an iPhone...

I'm an Android person. There's probably lots of reasons to not buy them either. I can't and won't have all my shopping coerced by political or humanitarian issues. I'm aware of alot of things, not all and there are some companies I do not purchase from very often but I do not outright ban.

Everything we have, personal and business is Apple. It would cost a small fortune to change. We have personally stopped purchasing Nike.

Last edited:
This is the point where you tell me that Samsung don't use the Android OS?
I never said that. If you don't want an Android, that's fine. But you asked about alternatives and only mentioned Google Pixel and folding Samsungs. I just pointed out there are other options. Then you complained they run Android, so why did you even bring up the Samsungs if you don't want Android?

I never said that. If you don't want an Android, that's fine. But you asked about alternatives and only mentioned Google Pixel and folding Samsungs. I just pointed out there are other options. Then you complained they run Android, so why did you even bring up the Samsungs if you don't want Android?
Now, where did I say I was against Android? I just wanted more options. My only objection with the bendy Samsung phones is that they tend to break... that's about it!

No, I like my Android phone, and Apple products are expensive and often need replacing.

I have lots of objects surrounding me at this moment that are made in China. It is a fact of life that Chinese imports are ubiquitous in the US. In fact, I try to buy American when I can afford to. It's not as easy as some might think. I feel right now like I'm defending myself, and I don't know which emotion to express about that.
I have not found that to be the case with Apple products. I have kept my iPhones and iPad for many years. My desktop is a Mac mini which has worked great for a long time also. They are expensive but DH and I are an Apple family. DD tried a Pixel phone for a while and it was not good and she went back to an iPhone

I am not sure which if any companies make electronics in the US?

We're an Apple household and have been since we bought our first Apple iMac in 2002 I believe. Got the iPhones as soon as they were available in 2007. I have my iMac in my kitchen. My husband has one in his music room. We each have iPads, MacBooks, air pods, Apple Watches, Apple TV, Apple HomePod speakers.....we're just too far gone....lol. If I stopped buying everything made in China or with components in it made in China....I'd probably be living in a nearly empty home and not have a car to drive.

We're an Apple household and have been since we bought our first Apple iMac in 2002 I believe. Got the iPhones as soon as they were available in 2007. I have my iMac in my kitchen. My husband has one in his music room. We each have iPads, MacBooks, air pods, Apple Watches, Apple TV, Apple HomePod speakers.....we're just too far gone....lol. If I stopped buying everything made in China or with components in it made in China....I'd probably be living in a nearly empty home and not have a car to drive.
I was all set to get an Apple Computer as my first computer in 1994. I just could not justify the higher price. That probably is why I went Android too. My daughter wanted nothing to do with PCs when we bought her a laptop for College, She went with a Macbook Pro. 4 years later, it was shot, so her College Graduation present was a new Macbook Pro. But as she got out into the working world, and after multiple hard drive failures on the newest Mac, she built her own PC. And she has a Pixel phone.
As for me, I used an iPhone at work, never could figure it out.

• Wow
Reactions: GAN
I was all set to get an Apple Computer as my first computer in 1994. I just could not justify the higher price. That probably is why I went Android too. My daughter wanted nothing to do with PCs when we bought her a laptop for College, She went with a Macbook Pro. 4 years later, it was shot, so her College Graduation present was a new Macbook Pro. But as she got out into the working world, and after multiple hard drive failures on the newest Mac, she built her own PC. And she has a Pixel phone.
I’d have to say that’s not the norm from most people I talk to. I’ve been using my daughters MacBook that she used in high school …and she’s 26! The thing runs like a champ. I would have bought 3 PC’s by now….

I haven't had an apple product since a IIe in about 1987. Have no desire to buy one now and it has nothing to do with politics. I don't like the company or the choices it's made, especially in locking down everything.

Is Nike making a shoe phone now???

The are. It's called The Air Smart One:

s-l1600.jpg

We've never had any Apple product fail on us in over twenty years. We usually upgrade and sell our older (but still working) devices on Ebay or resell back to Apple for convenience sake. We've given some to our parents. My FIL is currently using an iMac from 2014 and one of our old MacBook Airs from 2017 that we gave him....no issues with either. The only items that eventually give up are the AirPods after a couple of years.

• Love
Reactions: GAN
I didn't mean to imply that Apple products break frequently-I guess I worded my post poorly. What I meant was you have to upgrade frequently, especially the phones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter