Would it kill them to...

Unfortunately, that doesn't do any good where they need it most. I actually wondered that on my last few visits.

WDW even has one right at the entrance. It would actually help a lot of folks out if they had one as you exited the Mickey & Friends Tram.

My guess is that they don't feel they have the room for it.

Human nature being what it is, people would see a space without a line and they'd go there. Eventually (an hour or two after the first time the "no bag" line opened) they'd need a CM there, then maybe two. One to make sure people really didn't have any bags (because: a purse isn't a bag! a fanny pack (bum bag for the Australians offended by the American phrase, LOL) isn't a bag! a baggallini isn't a bag! a KFC insulated soft-sided family-meal bag isn't a bag!!!), and another to explain to those people that YES, purses, KFC insulated bags, things around your waist, etc etc, ARE INDEED bags.

Oh and I forgot one...a camera bag isn't a bag, right? Even if it's a big ol' Crumpler?

Seriously, the line would be overrun very quickly, and it would be just as long as the other lines.

It would be nice to be proven wrong, but thinking about what we already know about people when at DLR, I don't think I could be proven wrong on this.:3dglasses

They've had a no bag line open a few times we've been there. Usually in very peak season when it's really super crowded but it does happen. Altho most of us do have bags when we enter the parks, whether they are fanny packs, sling bags, purses, backpacks, diaper bags, soft sided coolers or pin bags. I think there has only been once or twice that we've never had a bag.

BUT, if people who were going through the bagchecks had ALL the pockets in their bags unzipped BEFORE they reached the CM, the line wouldn't take so long!

They've had a no bag line open a few times we've been there. Usually in very peak season when it's really super crowded but it does happen. Altho most of us do have bags when we enter the parks, whether they are fanny packs, sling bags, purses, backpacks, diaper bags, soft sided coolers or pin bags. I think there has only been once or twice that we've never had a bag.

They had a no bag line open a few times while we were there in October of last year. It was not open regularly though.

BUT, if people who were going through the bagchecks had ALL the pockets in their bags unzipped BEFORE they reached the CM, the line wouldn't take so long!

Here here! That's what takes so long. I always make it a point to have my camera bag open and my purse ready to go.

That's strange. I haven't been to DL yet, but have been to WDW and couldn't imagine why they would have no line for people with no bags. I've been so many times that I know to stand in the longer lines since the short line (or non-existent one) is for people with no bags. It would make it a lot easier.

We too always have bags open and ready to be checked, it does help the line go faster. What makes me crazy is the strollers, they have to dig everything out from underneath those things and that causes a big delay. Of course if I needed one I'd use it! lol

Here here! That's what takes so long. I always make it a point to have my camera bag open and my purse ready to go.

We too always have bags open and ready to be checked, it does help the line go faster. What makes me crazy is the strollers, they have to dig everything out from underneath those things and that causes a big delay. Of course if I needed one I'd use it! lol

I do too. I hope all my compartments open as soon as I get in line. It makes it easier for DBF behind me who doesn't carry a bag because he just walks right through. Or we'll split up if there's a CM with no one in line.

Yeah, you're right about the stroller. Especially when they have BAGS in the stroller and they don't take them out to open them!

What exactly are they looking for??

Glass, outside food & drinks, explosives, firearms, weapons, anything else?

Can I bring scissors in the parks to cut my moleskin?

They take away any weapons, knives over a certain size, mace, pepper spray but not glass that I know of.

Strollers are the worst. you see the bag check then wait until you are at the table and still no unloading. When you are at the table you should be dropping bags and unzipping them. I avoid strollers if I can help it. I have never had a problem with them and I use a messenger bag an a purse which are always unzipped.

It reminds me of airplanes in that they need people holding up things and showing guests how to unzip bags. Big bullhorns screaming, you in the red take off the fanny pack, NOW.

I think it would be nice, but I can see the flaws that others have mentioned. I do hate it though when a group of 5 teenagers comes up with no bag and thinks it's okay to squeeze in front us. It is a line, that is still cutting, even without a bag! May stink to wait, but we all don't like it!

I'd like to see them do away with the whole bag check all together. Half the time they barely look in our bags.

As a member of the stroller generation, I resemble the extra time....

But.... there are ways of making it go quicker. Take every bag out ahead of time while you are waiting in line. Make sure the only thing underneath is coats or blankets and toys. That's what we do.

We have known people who can never seem to do this and have the stroller packed for survivalist maneuvers....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!