World ShowCase All in One Day

Do you also laugh at the $7 hot dogs? I've been to the grocery store several times and they are $2 for a whole pack. It's Disney, everything is overpriced. Not everyone gets the opportunity to visit other countries, much less live in them.

Yes, I would laugh at a $7 hotdog as well. Why does laughing bother you? Laughing is good for the soul!

Yes, I would laugh at a $7 hotdog as well. Why does laughing bother you? Laughing is good for the soul!
Nope, I like laughter. Just think it was a silly point. I can get a keepsake from one of the pavilions for what is certainly overpriced comparatively to the actual country, or can fly to each of the countries and get them for a little less...

EPCOT is my favorite park and I love World Showcase. We usually spend several hours in World Showcase enjoying the many small details that can be seen throughout. One of our favorites is walking through the meandering streets of Morocco which feels like you are walking through a bazaar. Notice the tile work? The kingdom of Morocco sent artisans over to do all the tile work throughout. Walk into the Temple of Heaven in China and look up. Marvel at the hand painted work of the ceiling before enjoying Reflections of China. Too many people rush through World Showcase and miss much of the beauty in the details. We love window shopping, grabbing some adult beverages and food along the way. It is one of our favorite Disney things to do.

I think it's helpful and special here, to remember the spirit of what Walt Disney himself was trying to convey in Epcot, and with World Showcase, in light of his passion surrounding the Worlds' Fairs (especially the one in New York in the 1960s in which he entered four attractions), which was this:

World Showcase began as a personal passion of Walt Disney, who envisioned an Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow (EPCOT), a global community where visiting Guests could assimilate the sights and sounds of the world.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epcot#World_Showcase

Thinking of it in terms of a tourist trap or scam is missing the big picture! It was meant to be, perhaps, Walt's version of a little glimpse into each country, as part of a global community, where people who may not have had the luxury of visiting other countries, and even those who have, can have some fun and enjoyment sampling a smidgen of what each country has to offer, including interactions with people who are actually from there, and the sights, music, wares, food and the like, from each area. Celebrating cultures from around the world was part of Walt's vision. That's sort of how you have to think of it rather than there's not much there. There is plenty there but you have to have your eyes and heart open and look, feel, taste, smell, interact, etc., to appreciate the full experience.

I think it's very easy to under-appreciate all the hard work that's gone into giving WDW guests this type of experience.

That said, it's our family's favorite! We generally spend at least a whole day there, or more if possible.

I'll admit, when our kids were little and we were new to WDW, we under-appreciated it too! Seems we always got stuck in the Tapestry of Nations parade trying to get out of there, lol, or in the pouring rain trying to watch Illuminations with kids half asleep in their strollers. But then we discovered the International Gateway, and ventured over to the Boardwalk area, and it opened up a whole new part of WDW to us. It was helpful, as our kids got older, to include them in learning to enjoy WS with us, by helping them to enjoy all it has to offer, such as the food, movies, shows, drinks, festivals, and all that. We have our routines and favorite things to do. Every family who enjoys it there probably does. Tons of great memories for our family. We are actually booked for the day this fall when my twins turn 21 so they can legally order their first drinks right around World Showcase, during Food and Wine Festival, something we've talked about for years. :goodvibes

Some of my favorite threads here over the years were threads about what do you do, what do you eat, what do you drink, etc. around World Showcase. Those were always part of what opened my eyes to all there is to see and do there. We are like some other posters who've said we meander around. We watch all the movies and shows, order food, order drinks - I'll never forget the first time I got champagne in a flute in France and was able to walk around with it, which I thought was so cool, or a Limoncello in Italy, etc. Our kids were still relatively young when we announced we were planning to get some bratwurst and apple strudel in Germany and they were sort of appalled. But we actually did it and they tried it and liked it, and thereafter it was almost a Must Do for us each trip. Things like that. For Illuminations we like to share a cinnamon bun from Kringla Bakery in Norway and it's so exciting for us doing something so relatively simple because it's part of our family lore now. DD has to have a Kaki Gori in Japan each trip. DS loves the chicken tacos in Mexico. We must see American Adventure - and DD to this day falls asleep during the show, lol, etc.

Wishing everyone who decides to approach it with a different mindset, a really good time!

Last edited:
Nope, I like laughter. Just think it was a silly point. I can get a keepsake from one of the pavilions for what is certainly overpriced comparatively to the actual country, or can fly to each of the countries and get them for a little less...

Silly points. LOL. I laugh at that too. Enjoy!

Do you also laugh at the $7 hot dogs? I've been to the grocery store several times and they are $2 for a whole pack. It's Disney, everything is overpriced. Not everyone gets the opportunity to visit other countries, much less live in them.
If people think the WS version of these countries is representative, well I have some property to sell you in southern Louisiana.

The WS is a Disney creation, simple. If those who are so enthralled with the kitschy nature of how Disney delivers these countries to us as visitors, they are a tourist (money) trap, plain an simple. If you have been to these places, you would agree. It is a feeble attempt to capture the "culture" in a very limited area. Even much of the food is "Americanized" as they know if it were authentic, they would not sell !

WS should just have Carnies "hurry, hurry, hurry....visit Great Britain and have fish and chips....hurry, hurry, hurry"

I think it's helpful and special here, to remember the spirit of what Walt Disney himself was trying to convey in Epcot, and with World Showcase, in light of his passion surrounding the Worlds' Fairs (especially the one in New York in the 1960s in which he entered four attractions), which was this:

World Showcase began as a personal passion of Walt Disney, who envisioned an Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow (EPCOT), a global community where visiting Guests could assimilate the sights and sounds of the world.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epcot#World_Showcase

Thinking of it in terms of a tourist trap or scam is missing the big picture! It was meant to be, perhaps, Walt's version of a little glimpse into each country, as part of a global community, where people who may not have had the luxury of visiting other countries, and even those who have, can have some fun and enjoyment sampling a smidgen of what each country has to offer, including interactions with people who are actually from there, and the sights, music, wares, food and the like, from each area. Celebrating cultures from around the world was part of Walt's vision. That's sort of how you have to think of it rather than there's not much there. There is plenty there but you have to have your eyes and heart open and look, feel, taste, smell, interact, etc., to appreciate the full experience.

I think it's very easy to under-appreciate all the hard work that's gone into giving WDW guests this type of experience.

That said, it's our family's favorite! We generally spend at least a whole day there, or more if possible.

I'll admit, when our kids were little and we were new to WDW, we under-appreciated it too! Seems we always got stuck in the Tapestry of Nations parade trying to get out of there, lol, or in the pouring rain trying to watch Illuminations with kids half asleep in their strollers. But then we discovered the International Gateway, and ventured over to the Boardwalk area, and it opened up a whole new part of WDW to us. It was helpful, as our kids got older, to include them in learning to enjoy WS with us, by helping them to enjoy all it has to offer, such as the food, movies, shows, drinks, festivals, and all that. We have our routines and favorite things to do. Every family who enjoys it there probably does. Tons of great memories for our family. We are actually booked for the day this fall when my twins turn 21 so they can legally order their first drinks right around World Showcase, during Food and Wine Festival, something we've talked about for years. :goodvibes

Some of my favorite threads here over the years were threads about what do you do, what do you eat, what do you drink, etc. around World Showcase. Those were always part of what opened my eyes to all there is to see and do there. We are like some other posters who've said we meander around. We watch all the movies and shows, order food, order drinks - I'll never forget the first time I got champagne in a flute in France and was able to walk around with it, which I thought was so cool, or a Limoncello in Italy, etc. Our kids were still relatively young when we announced we were planning to get some bratwurst and apple strudel in Germany and they were sort of appalled. But we actually did it and they tried it and liked it, and thereafter it was almost a Must Do for us each trip. Things like that. For Illuminations we like to share a cinnamon bun from Kringla Bakery in Norway and it's so exciting for us doing something so relatively simple because it's part of our family lore now. DD has to have a Kaki Gori in Japan each trip. DS loves the chicken tacos in Mexico. We must see American Adventure - and DD to this day falls asleep during the show, lol, etc.

Wishing everyone who decides to approach it with a different mindset, a really good time!
This might be one of my favorite posts ever on the Dis. Our family also has many great memories from our time spent in WS. I love that your twins are celebrating their 21st with you in WS. That is something I could totally see my older daughter wanting to do. Enjoy your trip and your new memories!

Was just curious of how people spend their day and time in World Showcase if they only do one day at Epcot.

Was just curious of how people spend their day and time in World Showcase if they only do one day at Epcot.

We have only been one time, so my experience is by no means that of a seasoned Disney veteran, but we only had one day there on our last trip and felt we were able to experience just enough of WS. On our upcoming trip this spring, we are dividing EPCOT into two days so we can enjoy F&G in WS at a more leisurely pace one day and then Future World rides on a different day.

Here is what we did in WS on our first trip with four adults, and two young girls (5.5 and almost 3). Our trip was in early September and was before the Frozen stuff opened in Norway. We spent rope drop until 11 in Future World, so we started at 11 on the Canada side. We walked at a leisurely pace passing all of the countries, mainly taking photos. We spent quite a bit of time browsing in the store in Japan and we watched the drummers as they were performing when we walked by. We met Belle in France and Jasmine in Morocco - highest priority for our little princess fans! - but missed meeting any other characters. We got some snacks and drinks along the way when people were hungry or saw something they wanted to try (in France and Morocco), and ended up eating lunch at the QS in America because that was when the girls were hangry and we needed some air conditioning. We did the Mexico boat ride, then we left the park around 2:30 for a rest because it was HOT and our group was tired. We went back in the evening for dinner at Biergarten and then watched IllumiNations afterward. We experienced probably not even 25% of what the WS has to offer, but it was enough for us. We enjoyed the walk around the lagoon, the different photo opportunities, and the snacks.

Now that our girls are a little older we are planning to spend more time exploring each of the countries on our upcoming trip, but are mainly looking forward to walking around looking at all of the F&G festival displays. I think if you just have one day you can still enjoy plenty of what WS has to offer. I remember feeling overwhelmed looking at the times guide and knowing we would never be able to see everything! But once we prioritized what we really wanted to see (and was realistic with two young kids and hot weather), it was nice to just stumble upon some things and enjoy them for a little bit before continuing on our walk.

This might be one of my favorite posts ever on the Dis. Our family also has many great memories from our time spent in WS. I love that your twins are celebrating their 21st with you in WS. That is something I could totally see my older daughter wanting to do. Enjoy your trip and your new memories!
Thank you, we're all really looking forward to it! I hope you can arrange it, too, if that's what your daughter wants to do on her 21st!

Pick a side and start. Stop in each pavilion. Take your time. See if there's a show or movie coming up, and if there is, wait for it. See if there's anything there you want to eat or drink, but explore all the options. Look around the shops, you don't have to buy anything if you don't want to. Try on a silly hat and take some pictures. Speak to the Cast Members there. Ask them about their homeland and how they got to be there. They generally enjoy talking about their homes, families, and courses of study, etc. Take in the architecture. They tried to make things as authentic as they could, but on a different scale - appreciate that. Keep Walt in mind! Enjoy and appreciate the flowers, fountains, ponds, statues, street performers, characters, clothing, and theming, of each country. Sit and relax for a while around the water and take it all in. Each pavilion has some sort of show about the country - plan to see it. One of my favorites is the one in France, Impressions de France:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/epcot/impressions-de-france/

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/reviews/epcot/impressions_de_france/

It's a nice place to relax and enjoy some scenes from France and the beautiful music Disney has created. (I could put a youtube video of it here, but that really doesn't do it justice.) Then basically rinse and repeat in each pavilion. The American Pavilion has colonial singers you can watch while waiting for the show there, and things to look at, and sometimes there's a concert right across from there. Enjoy!

Highlights of WS:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/highlights-of-epcots-world-showcase.3122268/#post-48605487

Last edited:
Our daughter (9) loves to do the “Duffy stamp” activity at WS, even though she does it every trip. So there is that, if you have kids. They also have a passport thing kids can do too, which she discovered and wants to do next time.

HEY, what do you mean "if you have kids"? I am 46 and I did the passport last year.:teeth:

when you Disney Fans go to Epcot Do you usually do World Showcase all one one Day and how long does it usually take you to walk from Canada all the way around World Showcase to Mexico and Where do you usually stop to take a break, do a mini movie/ride/get some lunch around world ShowCase before you let's say do The USA-Mexico? When is a usually good time for your families to take a break in World ShowCase at your favorite Country and What are not of your favorite countries to stop and take a break and eat lunch at

We always walk all the way around, but usually do not stop in every country. We like to sample different things from different places (coffee in France, baklava in Morocco, popcorn in Germany) and we'll also stop and watch different things like the Circle Vision in Canada, there's a movie in China, drummers in Japan, and the American Pavilion has a cool show. However, we do not generally take the time to fully explore each country because we just don't have the time. Is it doable in one day- yes, absolutely! you just have to kinda of pick and choose what you do, and be ok with not seeing everything each country has to offer.

also, as far as eating a meal- I think Epcot has some of the best food in the parks. So we always make a point to eat a meal there and snack the rest of the day. We've done both QS and TS and have not had a bad experience. Our favorite QS is probably Fish & Chips in England or the QS in Morocco, and TS Biergraten in Germany or Garden Grill in The Land Pavilion. Have fun & enjoy!

The WS is a Disney creation, simple. If those who are so enthralled with the kitschy nature of how Disney delivers these countries to us as visitors, they are a tourist (money) trap, plain an simple. If you have been to these places, you would agree. It is a feeble attempt to capture the "culture" in a very limited area. Even much of the food is "Americanized" as they know if it were authentic, they would not sell !

WS should just have Carnies "hurry, hurry, hurry....visit Great Britain and have fish and chips....hurry, hurry, hurry"

I find this to be very dismissive. I have actually been to most of these countries, and while it's not authentic, I don't think that's really the point. The World's Fair was not authentic either. Best case scenario: someone who would ordinarily not be interested in other cultures might meet a CM from that country and have a conversation, try a food, or just generally see something that might make them look at traveling somewhere new. Or even just learn about something new, maybe even appreciate another culture in a way that they hadn't before. No, I don't wander around Morocco and think I'm actually there (not with that kind of cleanliness!), but hey, it's Morocco inspired and it makes my kids want to go there someday. It doesn't matter that we can get a better tagine at home. Another plus? My kids are in French Immersion school, and they love talking to the CMs in "France" (and they in turn are always fascinated that they speak such perfect French with no accent at such an early age)! So, we even get a little education squeezed in there :)

Speaking of the WS, the American Adventure show is in the 3rd week of a month long refurb?

My daughter (now 12) loves the passport, and we get one each trip. The CM stamps each country and writes a little welcome note (usually in the native language). She loves having her name written in Chinese, Japanese and Arabic characters- it's a great souvenir.

Where do you get the passport? I totally missed this on our last trips but my DD9 would love to do this!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter