WL Duck Race ???

InstImpres

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if anyone has attended this and what you thought.

I am thinking of doing this with my DD8 and than doing Chef Mickey. How long does the duck race usually last?

Thanks
Sandy

We stayed at WL last summer and happened to be at the pool for the duck race. If I am remembering correctly, it was one of the games that the lifeguards played with the kids in the pool that day. It was pretty quick, and nothing really special. At the time DS was 3 and he didn't really care about it too much, but the older kids seemed to be more into it.

Ann:earsgirl:

It was definitely no big deal and not something I would go out of my way for. If I happened to be walking by the pool I would stop with DD but that is it. It took all of 5 minutes. Every deluxe pool seems to have lifeguard games. At the Poly it is listed as pool basketball. What is really means is that the lifeguard tosses the ball to a kid and the kid tosses it into the net. No biggie.

The rec. staff has a bucket of rubber ducks that are numbered.. Each child gets one and their name/duck number is recorded on a sheet. Then they put all of the ducks back in their plastic bin and dump them in the stream up near the lobby (but not in the lobby). The ducks go down the stream and the first one that makes it to the finish line (don't remember exactly where it was) is the winner. The winner receives a certificate for one hour of boat rentals.

I agree that is was not something I would go out of my way for. It was over very quickly, although they did run the races two or three times the day I was there.

Hope that helps.

The real duck fun at WL is in the early morning when real ducks are swimming. When I was there 2 years ago they were out there every AM and would even stay if there were few enough people swimming. We even saw a mom with about 6 ducklings and she took them in the kids pool. It was precious.

Donna

The Duck Races at the WL are fun. We were spending some pool time at WL a few years ago and did not even realize they were going to be doing them. My boyfriend, his 11 year old son and myself joined in. It was alot of fun with everyone cheering on their duck but the best part is if you WIN or LOSE. Even with all our cheering, one of our ducks came in last. Not sure what you get if you WIN, but we won a free 1/2 hour on the Mouse Boats because we came in last. This was great as my boyfriend's son had been driving us crazy wanting to go on the Mouse Boats (not that he had not done them in the past) but he loves them. It was worth it for us to play but I don't think I would leave one of the parks to join in this activity.
Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter