Wk of March 15th - WISH Team Walkers and Runners

Happy Birthday Tracy, enjoy your day at the parks!

Have a great Aloha Friday everyone, I'm almost out the door.

Tracy: Happy Birthday.

Deb: Thanks for the encouragement, I do hope to break 90 for at least one of them, then I am happy. My goals for the year are the 90 minute half (doable), an 18:00 5K (uh, not sure. Depends on how much all the extra miles help), and finishing a full marathon (notice the lack of target time...I have no idea).

The City Stars are pretty cool. I have never been to a game but a family friend is the coach of the Cleveland State team and until this year the Stars used their field. I would be down with going to a game, especially since they are in USL-1 this year which is effectively the second level of pro soccer in the country. I keep hoping that they will start promotion/relegation between USL-1 and USL-2. I would rather the MLS also had promotion/relegation but that will most likely never happen.

Just did some gym work today. My miles were way down this week. I need to get more consistant, but that is usually my story this time of year.

Sorry, I don't always ready the weekly threads...

but MAURA!!! Please do tell about your Jeopardy experince! WOW!!

Sorry, I don't always ready the weekly threads...

but MAURA!!! Please do tell about your Jeopardy experince! WOW!!

Here's the Faulkner version of my experience (taped in Nov 2004/aired 12-30-2004)

Watching Jeopardy....I know these answers--I should be on Jeopardy (why does everyone say this?) I'm going to try out--What, there's a lottery to try out?....rejected, better luck next time....Next time-Cleveland--I'm in!......3-1/2 hours to drive there,am I nuts?.....Look at all these people, am I nuts?...okay, a written test---I'm pretty good at tests.....hmmm, you only see the question for 15 secs and never again? Did I pass, Did I pass.... only three people made it? I PASSED!...simulated game--yes, I can stand on two feet and press a buzzer--but with a camera in my face?

"Don't call us, we'll call you--and it may not be for a year.....3 weeks later, phone rings----"We want you in 4 weeks!" Stomach turns and stays turned for 4 weeks...What was I thinking--I can't do TV!

Fly to LA (my dime), got my car (my dime), the hotel (my dime)...geez, that's a lot of dimes--please let me get something out of this! Ok how do I get to Sony Picture Studios? park car, bring change of clothes and makeup--I am really in trouble-makeup? Me? Ooh, look, other Jeopardy contestants--should I be nice? Ignore them?......

So this is a green room? Not too impressive. What, I have to come up with 5 things for Alex to chat with me about? Great--I'm not that interesting! Okay, there's the onion eating contest with my future DH, the cake I baked shaped like Fenway Park for '86 World Series...that's it-I'm toast......WHAT? I HAVE TO RECORD A PROMO? Okay, so they may never use it-but you're making ME come up with the witty script?...Oh, thank goodness, a real makeup artist..just not too freaky, okay?

Seriously...your'e drawing straws to see who goes on next?....God it is freezing in this studio..... It looks much smaller than it does on TV.....Oops, almost shouted that answer out--can't interrupt the tapings....Gee, Alex doesn't talk to contestants at all, does he?

Oh God.....I'M ON!....Smile for the camera, they're introducing you--don't faint, don't faint!....AARRGGH, this buzzer thing stinks. I knew that answer, I just can't seem to ring in....Oh well, at least I'll get $1000 for finsihing third. ....Wow, those two guys are really close in money--I wonder if they'll bet it all?....What should I bet...What? The category is Vice Presidents?...okay, easy bet--$0--I know nothing about VP...and no, of course I don't know the answer to that....da, da, da, da...da,da,da...da,da,da,da, da da,da,da,da,da.....whoa--he bet all his money and he lost! I've got more money than he does...whoa-HE bet all his money and HE lost, I've got more money than he does.....OH MY GOD-I WON!

Hurry...change clothes... do it again...not quite so lucky...2nd place is okay. A pen, a tote bag...of course, the check comes later.

It's over.....who can I tell? Swear them to secrecy....no, I can't watch myself on TV....

At Trader Joes...what?....Oh thanks, yes, I was on Jeopardy--how was it? It was one of the scariest things I have ever done in my life!

Maura

Maura, That is an awesome story about Jeopardy. My friends have always told me I should go on, but I have a feeling the same thing would happen to me that happened to you.

Frank, Those are some awesome goals! I'm sure you'll make them!

As for me, I did 5 miles on a new course in 39:35 (7:55 pace). It had major hills at miles 1, 1.75, and 4.5 on top of it. My main goal for my half is still going to be to finish in under 2 hours, but my real goal is going to be 8-8:15 pace, meaning between 1 hr 45 and 1hr 50.

Best,
Jennifer

Maura,

LOL, I think I recognized you from Jeopardy!

My wife (before we were engaged) was on The Price is Right with Bob Barker, but never got out of contestants row. She got consolation prizes worth $500. The following day, I proposed to her in front of Mickey Mouse in Toontown. She still doesn't think she' got the best prize. LOL.

OK, Beth, close your eyes.

This one is for Deb's viewing pleasure.

A super burrito from my favorite Mexican dive downtown. Note the comparison size to the can of pop.

DSCN6637.jpg

Just got in 1.91 mi in 29:54. I started C25K W1D1. I felt good but need to stretch. I'll see everyone on the new thread tomorrow. I have a party to go to tonight and probably won't be back until after the boards go down. Have a nice night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter