Wk of March 15th - WISH Team Walkers and Runners

chimera

<font color=deeppink>WISH Racing Team Member<br><f
Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we are a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. For most of us, the ultimate goal is to train and compete in the annual WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news and training for various other events throughout the year. We range from beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness!

TigerLily03 said:
New WISH Team members. If you read one thing over and over, believe this. Being part of this team is fantastic. Part of the ride you get for the event is what I call the roller coaster. There will be lots of ups and downs. The more you post here, the more you will find yourself enjoying the ride. It is an incredible journey. Don't be afraid, shy or whatever to come here and just post up anything.You don't have to know us right away, or all of us at all. You will get to know some of us. It makes the event you are enjoying have MORE meaning and we love to have you.

3 easy miles at the beach for me today. Now that I'm through with races for awhile, I'm trying to figure out my training focus. I got all my marathoning books out for some inspiration...I need to work on sustaining those double digit LR and, as always, the need for speed! DH and I are going out to the Legacy Trail tomorrow morning for Ride n Roll...I ride my bike, he rollerblades.

Debra...love the idea of a photo thread! I dug up Wendy's Rave run thread...will that work or were you thinking of something different?

Rest day for me-I did over 30 miles last week counting the Princess Half. Got my daughters to run with me and now I got my mom thinking about runnning/walking a half near her home in June. Yeah!:cheer2:

Hey all my peeps on the WISH!!

Got out this AM and did a nice 6.20 miles - why the.20 just because. I said would do 5 or 6, so just to beat myself I did more! Starting to get a bit on the warm side today here in S. FL! I was sweating pretty good, but no pinky pistols yet! HIgh today will be 85 here. However their was a lovely breeze on my way back home so that helped.

Hope everyone is doing well. I get to go back to WDW on Saturday to celebrate my B-DAY!! If I could just get an apartment on Main Street and live there I would!

Tracy

Hi everyone! I started running again so I can post again :) Yay! I went out for a 3 miler Saturday and a 5 miler today. The weather was gorgeous and there were lots of other runners out. The last time I went running was the 1/2 in January so the runs weren't as easy as they were a couple of months ago. But even with walking breaks I managed to finish my 5 miler in 57 minutes. So I didn't feel too bad.

Can't the weekend be longer ... the weather is much too nice to spend it inside working all day. Have a great day everyone!

Laurel: Thanks for your thoughts on the TM...Yeah, I should probably stick with outdoor running for a while. The TM does give me the opportunity to run "with" DOOD, though, without either of us being annoyed with the other. Pshaw, as if I like his company that well, anyway. :rotfl2: I'm mostly confused as to why it's recently harder for me to do a TM run rather than run outside--usually it's the opposite for me. Just the body mixing things up for me, keeping me on my toes, I guess.

Big congratulations on your 8 miles on rolling hills. I'm so glad you finished strong. :thumbsup2 And that you found your remote car opener. A good day all around. Is this your regular long distance or are you training for an upcoming event?

Mel: I loved the picture on the Rave Run thread! Your beach run looks fantastic. That's the kind of place I was thinking for photos--where we could turn to for inspiration, but also to see team photos, etc. I guess I like knowing I can find pictures of events (the rave ones, anyway) in a consolidated thread. How was your Ride N Roll--sounds like fun. And what marathon books are you reading?

Joan: I really like that you've made races a family event! :thumbsup2

Tracy: Great job on your 6.20 "just because" walk. Are you into racewalking season there now? I don't know FL racing seasons, obviously. And I would have thought it was pinky pistol season all year long? :rotfl: Oh, and what a great way to spend your birthday!

Jennifer: Must point out to you--you do realize you're maintaining a <1:00 difference between your SR and your LR? And that those times are for back-to-back runs? Fabulous! Enjoy that paper writing. :rolleyes:

As for me: Wish I had much to report. XT today. Saw a book in Barnes & Noble today: Chris Carmichael's Food for Fitness. Anyone here read it? I'm interested, in part because Carmichael was (is?) Lance Armstrong's coach.

Debra: My ice cream loving friend, It is pretty much race season all year long. You do have a hard time finding race during the middle of the summer, jsut because its usually just WAY TO HOT!! Nope Pinky Pistols only happen during the hotter months for me.
I get to go back to one of my favorite places starting soon!! Can you guess? Its my Mount Trashmore. Now that the time has changed its open later. They don't have light there so they closed at 6pm before, but now its open til 7pm!! YEAH!! I can't wait to start climbing those hills.
I have a racewalk at the end of the month.

Tracy
Flavor for tonight will be Edy's Cookies and Cream.

Just saw the space shuttle take off on tv and then ran outside and looked to the north and this is what I saw...

discoverylaunch0309.jpg

Pretty neat huh? You can see the tiny little dot to the right of the trail, that is the shuttle.

Tracy

Tracy -

we had a great view of the launch from the north up here! It was so clear I could see the solid boosters after they had detached until they fell behind the trees in my yard.

Ok, well, they didn't actually fall behind the trees IN my yard. That would make a big fiery mess. They actually fell from VIEW behi.................ahhhhh, never mind. You know what I mean.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

As for my race yesterday, I was a big no-show. Woke up at 5 a.m. with a bad respiratory infection. Major Disappointment. At least they used disposable, non-returnable chips or that would have been another headache.

I got in another afternoon of roller skating XT in yesterday.
I must be regressing back to the 80s or something. But it's alot of fun! :thumbsup2

Not so much today... :tiptoe:

I plan on my "10k race" per my training plan tomorrow (rather than today).
Zack will be in school and I should have no excuse. ;)

Photo thread is a fabulous idea!

Gotta fly!

Tracy Very cool pix of the space shuttle. I'm glad you have nice warm weather, but it depresses me as I have to hit the TM again tomorrow. More rain and cold.

:stitch: 'Ohana Monday Mixer :stitch:

Most WISHers are back from the Princess half, and many of us are going through Disney withdrawal in one form or another....

So, to spread a little PD pixiedust: that will keep everyone moving forward with a Tiggerish bounce in our training steps, tomorrow's mixer question is:

Who or what is your favorite Disney character, and why?

We hope that you feel inspired to post some light-hearted Disney memories on the Team 'Ohana thread. Pictures--from races, recent trips, childhood experiences--and stories are welcomed. And if your favorite character is a Pixar one--or gasp, from some other studio--feel free to share that as well.

Aloha WISHer's:

I got out for my 12 miler today. After several weeks of cold, windy, wet weather, it was finally sunny today. Very humid, so by the time I was at 10 miles, I had stopped sweating. Dehydrated, so I slowed down the last two miles.

100_0032.jpg

Got some fluids in me, then headed out to the water park, then for some yummy malasadas with the family. (Don't hate me, but I had to share because they're so tasty).

100_0044.jpg

100_0036.jpg

100_0060.jpg

100_0065.jpg

100_0073.jpg

100_0076.jpg

Take it easy for those who are sick or nursing an injury. Don't make it worse, just rest and recover.

Greetings WISHers -

I've been neglectful of my posting duties, so I am here to recify that. :thumbsup2

Did 25 on the TM this morning. Wasn't much, but there it is. :yay:

Debra - I have to say The Evil Queen. I am a stepmother to four teenagers. Need I say more? :laughing:

Jeff - I think Charlie and I might be headed your way next spring. I might have to tap you for some info since you are the only local I know. ;)

Tracy - Really cool picture! :cool2:

I'm having "not doing the Princess" regret. Darn, it sounds like everyone had such a great time. I think I have to do it next year.

:goodvibes I am one happy wogger today! It's supposed to be a high of 80 AND sunny!!! I will definitely be wogging outside today.

I wish the Princess half wasn't so close to the Jan. half. Since I haven't done a half yet, I'm going to go with the Jan half. They both sound like such fun, but I have to just pick one.

Hey there....long time no post. Things are just so extremely busy

Love all the photos.

Tracey, I wish that launch would have been last weekend, we would have seen it. DH and I watched it on some HD channel so it was pretty awesome but would have liked to been able to take photos for DH he is a space freak.

Starting to get back on the weightloss trek. I need to lose about 45 - 50 pds to seriously start training for the Goofy. Since marathon weekend is about 42 weeks away and my training plan counts for 20 weeks I need to lose about 2 pds per week, which is a good goal to have.

Kim

I just got back from the track.
48 laps and 6.3 miles under my belt for today! :D

It was hard, and I think I am going to collapse now, but I am so happy I did it.
I think the last time I did more than 3 miles at a stretch was the WDW half. Pretty pathetic.
I also managed to stick with w4/r1 the entire time.
I averaged a 13:54 mile so I am very pleased with that.

:moped:

Hi, I'm Tracy and I'm new here. :)

I started running just about a year ago. 30 lbs lighter and I am hooked! My first half marathon was the Princess last week. My plans for the rest of this year are the Flying Pig 1/2 in May, Fairfield (CT) 1/2 in June, DL 1/2 in Sept, and I want to get a marathon in sometime in the Fall. DH and I have also both signed up for the Goofy for next Jan.

Nothing too deep to share at the moment, but I guess I should catch up on posting my workouts for this week. Ran 7.75 mi yesterday and did an hour spin class today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter