Wk of March 15th - WISH Team Walkers and Runners

Hello everyone,

Gorgeous day, but a little windy when I ran.

I did a 35 minute tempo run. Average speed 7:55 minute mile, top speed 7:20 minute miles (1 mile) and low speed 9:15 minute miles (1.25 miles warmup).

Hope everyone else is enjoying the nice warm up!

Jennifer

Just had to post as no one has for a day now. I did a walk run thing for an hour today, walked 9 hole and of course it was ugly-thought I might actually do well as I started bogey, bogey. Then I walked nine to watch DS play his match. Weather was beautiful until about 6 and it started to rain. Hope everyone had a great day..must be nice outside else where as no one is reporting.

Maura: Whaaaa? Drink the Protestant Whiskey? Blasphemy! :rotfl2: You're right, I probably haven't tried enough Bushmills to make an informed judgment. I must rectify that. Soon.

Can you feel the Muppet love here? You, me, Frank, JenB. Others? I think my favorites are either Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beeker or Statler and Waldorf. For a solo character....Gonzo and then Rowlf.

Frank: My money's on Man U, and has been, for the Champion Leage. (Okay, so I don't really bet on games. My mouth's been on Man U, though.) For some reason, I though you had done a lot of marathons? And that you were doing the 1/2 for CMM. :confused3 No matter, you'll burn up all your courses. Is the sub-90 your CMM goal or is that more of a social race for you b/c of your running partner? (Okay, maybe for you that's the same thing--I might be projecting a tad bit here.) Big sounds to indicate they've lifted big weights. That's my theory. P.S. Did my undergrad at Michigan State, so Ohio State isn't quite the draw. ;)

Kristi: Frank's idea of the Niagara race is a good one, isn't it? My parents honeymooned there, can you believe it? A classic trip. The events are the same weekend as TOT, but like Frank said, cost could be a factor for DOOD and me. Plus, new races, new places sounds really good. Especially for you once the Goo factor is thrown in. Can you resist? Great Scott, you're speedy on a w4/r1 interval! :worship:

Marci: I'm trying to run outside more, too, but keep some time on the TM. (Works better with my WO schedule.) No Garmin here--gasp--so I'm running by time and then going to mapmyrun and Cool Running's Pace Calculator. (I know you don't need these things, but thought I'd link for others.) I find it hard to switch between outside running and the TM in a way I didn't a year ago.

Aloha Jeff: It's getting to be nice around here, and looking beautiful. Be warned that we might be involved in a photo showdown. :lmao: J/K. I'm definitely not that organized.

TM Tracy: Great job with your run and WO. I assume you stretch out religiously? What does the TM stand for anyway? (I've been calling you TM to differentiate between the other Tracy--Racey Trace/Freckles.)

Vicky: How did the tempo run go? I hope you're just temporarily struggling. :hug:

Jennifer: What a great tempo run. You really maintained a good overall pace. Will you be trying out a new route over spring break? I hope you enjoy your break, btw.

Joan: Too bad about the bogey, bogey, bogey, but it sounds like the day and all its walking was quite lovely.

As for me: Short run today, in addition to Pilates and strength training. I didn't mean for it to be short, but that's what my lungs and legs told me. I tried a new route with steeper hills, and ended up walking more than I'd like. No knee pain, though, so yeah for me. I'll try it again next week and see what happens.

Hello everyone!

I've been really bad about posting on this thread, and will try to get over here at least once or twice a week to stay in touch with all of you who are not on Facebook! :)

I've been struggling a bit with my motivation for the past few weeks as I try to get back into a regular schedule after all my challenges this winter. And this has been a really great week for training, so I am very pleased! I am thinking that if I can keep up a 3 times a week training schedule for 4 weeks in a row I am going to give myself a treat - probably a spa treatment! That should work!

I am also trying to be better with my food choices. I have been staying away from sweet things for the past few weeks (no ice cream, no cookies, no morning pastries . . . :eek: ) hoping to to lose the 5 pounds that has mysteriously shown up on the scale in the past few months! It was going well for a while, but I seem to have plateaued a bit, so I'm adding a bit of speed work to my runs. Nothing too formal, just periods of faster running added to the mix. We'll see how that goes.

And I am so happy for the glimpses of Spring we've had here recently, and feeling greedy for more (although in just 2 weeks we are heading off for a week in Captiva, so maybe that will get me through these last few blustery days).

:welcome: to the new folks! You've come to a great place!

Deb: I want to run a half under 90, I don't care which one it is, but since CMM is next that is my goal for it. My friends is running the full, plus we do a lot of races together and when the gun goes off (or bell as it usually is) it is everyone for themselves.

Today was an off day, hitting the gym and streets tomorrow and then have a 5K Saturday.

Yeah Team, way to get in the workouts. Happy Aloha Friday.

AFM: 8 1/4 miles in the bank. A little rough post blood donation, but I got it done.

Happy Spring!! :flower: :rose: :flower2: :butterfly :flower1: :daisy:

Debra I am non-judgmental (religion-wise) when it comes to my imbibed spirits. ;) As for Muppets, Dave Goelz (Gonzo) is also the voice of Dr Bunson Honeydew. And Statler & Waldorf was the answer to the question I answered correctly to win a Muppet pin (it was too easy--a $200 Jeopardy question, so to speak. Too bad they didn't have a Muppet category when I was on Jeopardy--I could have cleaned up!--if I could have figured out the buzzer!)

Kira Hi--glad to see you back and good luck on re-energizing your workout and diet.

Jeff Yikes--I have yet to work up the nerve to give blood (which I know, I should) let alone run after. Keep those great pictures coming.

Ran a tempo run today at my new pace--it was hard. May have to adjust the paces downwards so I can survive!

My DD is coming home for spring break for the next week, so I am happy. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Maura

Debra, Thanks! And yes there will be a new route starting tomorrow. My old route back home is too short (3.5 miles).

Frank Sub-90! Wow you're my hero! Good luck with that! It definitely sounds like your ready.

As for me, no running today (getting ready to leave for my flight now), but yesterday I did an hour long pilates class and a 4 mile/32 minute run.

Jennifer

Hello Everyone!

I know that the week is almost over but I wanted to drop in and say hi! I'll come back to check up on everyone.

Woohoo! Updated my signature for everyone to see!

TM Tracy: Great job with your run and WO. I assume you stretch out religiously? What does the TM stand for anyway? (I've been calling you TM to differentiate between the other Tracy--Racey Trace/Freckles.)
I do decent stretching -- had some issues with overuse/sore muscles when I first started building up miles ages ago so now I am definitely more careful about that. So a little bit of stretching/warmup before each run and more afterwards!

Well the TM I guess you're pulling from my login name "TMGirl" which stands for "Troublemaker Girl" which was a nickname my friends at work gave me a few years ago. Though I guess on here one could pretend it's for "treadmill" too. :P

Ran 7.82 mi yesterday in 1:20 (that's an average end-of-week training time for me so not too disappointed with that). I had a spin class this morning (1 hr of speed intervals). I've now had 6 days of cardio in a row and I am TIRED so I think tomorrow's going to be a rest day instead of a long run. :)

Yeah Team, way to get in the workouts. Happy Aloha Friday.

AFM: 8 1/4 miles in the bank. A little rough post blood donation, but I got it done.

Wow, I am in awe of you for being able to manage such a long run after donating blood! I normally have to completely give myself the day off when I donate. :)

Hey Joan, Kira (FB friend), Debra and Frank!!!

Guess most are posting on the team threads.
Things going well everyone - gettin in your miles, Cross Training and your REST DAYS?!! Don't forget about your rest days!! You know the phrase "All work and no play..."?

I am doing well with my interval speed walks and gearing up for my first official racewalk of the year on the 28th.

Off to Disney tomorrow to celebrate turning 40!!! I am choosing the giftcard!
Most co-workers suprised me last night with a SURPRISE dinner party at a Mexican Restaurant!! I LOVED every minute of it!! I was feeling the love!

Everyone have a great weekend and I will catch up on Monday!

Racey Tracey

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRACY!!!!!!!!!:cheer2: :cheer2:

Enjoy the weekend....wish we could've crashed the party.

Happy Birthday Tracy!

You can't be turning 40-seeing you in pixs, I thought you may be 30. Do tell your secrets or is there really a Fountain of Youth in FL.

I will off my TM and outside today. I am going to meet my friend at her shop after work and we are going for a walk to catch up and get in some exercise in this beautiful weather.

HAPPY SPRING, EVERYONE!

Kira: It's hard to decide where to post, isn't it? If it helps, I'll start to post outrageous stories here, stuff that I wouldn't post on FB. Not saying they'll be true, mind you, or that they'll be about me, but I'll post them. Maybe I'll come up with a couple of doozies about you! :rotfl:

Seriously, it sounds like you've been doing a great job getting back into a training and fueling routine. After 4 weeks you deserve a treat. And yes, a spa treatment is a much more reasonable option than those I think of. Captiva sounds nice, too. Hey, are you doing Broad Street this year?

Frank: I'm sure you'll be able to break 90 for one (or more) of your season's 1/2s, and I think the CMM is a good course for it. You and your friend have a good running system down for races, I think. No need to have anyone feeling held back from a PR. Good luck with tomorrow's 5K! :woohoo: And when you get back here, let's talk about Cleveland City Stars. I don't know anything about MLS, and am curious about this team that's so close to us; we could do a day trip to watch a game. And any truth to the rumor that Drew Carey might get involved with them (in addition to the Sounders)?

Aloha Jeff: Congrats on the run and thank you, once again, for your blood donation. :worship:

Maura: Wait, wait, wait. You have a Jeopardy story for us? You were on Jeopardy? Do tell. (And I didn't know that about Dave Goelz. It doesn't surprise me, but I love new information. How cool that you got to meet him.)

Jennifer: I know you've left for spring break now, but I hope you arrive safely, have great weather, and come back relaxed and refreshed for the rest of the semester. And training, of course! :thumbsup2

Megan: You know it's always great to see you here! Especially with an updated siggie. :banana:

TM Tracy: I asked about the stretching because I tend to overlook (read: lazily skip) my stretching, and I always come to regret it. Thanks for the story about the TM part of your name. I love the fact it stands for TroubleMaker. It makes me think you have lots of stories you want to tell us. Please..... You're doing terrific on your miles. 6 days of cardio definitely calls for a day of rest before a LR. You've earned it! :yay:

Racey Tracy: Technically, I know you're turning 40 tomorrow, but like Joan my first thought was, "There's no flipping way she's gonna be 40!" What, you got a portrait of yourself locked away somewhere? Regardless, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, have a great time in Disney, and welcome to my AG. :cake: :bday:

Marci: I hope you and your friend had a great day playing outside in the warm weather!

As for me: XT today, LR tomorrow, although the L is relative in this case. I've reached a new movie low--I'm actually considering seeing either a film starring Julia Roberts (Duplicity) or a bromance (I Love You, Man). Someone jack slap some sense into me.

Hey WISHers!!

Thanks for all the Birthday wishes!! And the part about looking younger I have to thank my parents for that as they both look younger than they are and possible the nice humidity in FL which helps the skin! Plus the fact that I don't do well in sun, so I don't sunbath - that helps!! Thanks again!

I FINALLY got to go to my favorite place to walk, Mount Trashmore. (called Vista View Park) For those that are not familiar it is the one place in my area that actually has a few hills! It is a retired trash dump (hill). When the time changed back the park is now open until 7:30 so I can now make it there after work!!! YEAH!! I love this place because of the trail and the up and down the hill!! A bit of a challenge!!

So, first day back at MT and I did 3.50 miles in 48min 32sec that = 13:53 pace which is my fastest at this park!! I did a few more things while there to add some time!

Have a great weekend to my wonderful and great WISH racing team!!! I will catch back up on Monday when I get back!

Racey Tracy MTG!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter