Wk of Mar 23 - WISH Walking/Running Club

chimera

<font color=deeppink>WISH Racing Team Member<br><f
Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we are a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. For most of us, the ultimate goal is to train and compete in the annual WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news and training for various other events throughout the year. We range from non-running beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness!

TigerLily03 said:
New WISH Team members. If you read one thing over and over, believe this. Being part of this team is fantastic. Part of the ride you get for the event is what I call the roller coaster. There will be lots of ups and downs. The more you post here, the more you will find yourself enjoying the ride. It is an incredible journey. Don't be afraid, shy or whatever to come here and just post up anything. You don't have to know us right away, or all of us at all. You will get to know some of us. It makes the event you are enjoying have MORE meaning and we love to have you.

WWDave's 2008 Miles and Minutes Team Threads:

Master Game Roster

Master Game Spreadsheet

Donald's Defiant Dashers Team Challenge

BUZZ's Brigade - TEAM CHALLENGE - POST MILES/HOURS HERE

Hakuna Matata Team Challenge Hours/Miles

Super Goofs Team 4 Miles Challenge

TEAM FIVE: Herc's Heroes--Post miles/hours here!

TEAM #6: OHANA-No One Gets Left Behind:Post your miles/hours here

Walt's Warriors (Team 7) Miles and Hours

Team 8 Jessica's Rabbits Bios and Info

I wanted to offer everyone a happy Easter holiday, however you may observe it, as it may be a couple of days before I log on again. If you don't observe Easter, I hope you have some good chocolate anyway & celebrate the start of springtime!

Happy Easter & Happy Spring, WISHers!

4116L.jpg

Happy Easter to all those celebrating. Orthdox Christians, I'll catch you gals and guys in a few weeks.

Other than that, I've got nothing at present.

Just hopping on real quick to say Happy Easter to those who observe it!

Haven't been keeping up with threads of late, but I did want to say a great big CONGRATS to Krista and Steve - yay for a baby boy!

Also CONGRATS to Jen in GA!

So exciting to be having more WISH babies! :)

Saturday, I cross trained with Princess #1. Jumped in the ocean, biked, and ran through Ala Moana Beach park. Here's how our day ended.:laughing:

DSCN0590.jpg

Sunday , I will go out early before the clinic and do 2 miles. Then I will help lead out the intermediate group for another 6 miles, for a total of 8.

Hoppy Easter everyone!

Happy Easter WISH Teammates!!!

mkymsehi/jeff- I love those pictures you posted. Thanks! We had another 3-5 inches of thick, wet snow yesterday. It was great to see your pictures.

Happy Easter WISHers!

Nothing much to report. Got in three runs and a weight lifting session last week.

Yesterday Marilyn and I spent the day at the shooting range so she could finish up her shooter safety class requirement. I bought her a Walther P22 .22 cal semi-auto pistol to carry. The class is required so she can apply for her concealed weapon permit. Had a great time. She shot better than I did.

Heading to Orlando in a couple of hours on business. Probably no WDW this time around since this was a very short notice event.

Y'all take care.

:)

Happy Easter Wish Buddies! I hope everyone has a great day!

Hmmmm, Mouse Skywalker--the name is vaguely familiar.......;) Glad to "see" you again Dave! Hope the training goes good for Cleveland

Jeff--ya gotta stop it with the pics;) Not that I'm at all jealous or anything

No training for me this weekend. As fun as Zumba was, my thighs have been screaming since Thursday--thought my legs were strongs, guess not as much as I'd hoped. Anyway, that coupled with full blown allergy heck right now, not pushing the old bones right now.

Mornin' Wish buddies! It's a sunny but blustery 30 degrees in MA this morning. Makes ya really think it's spring. Oh yeah.

Jeff: I so love the pictures you post but they are so unhealthy for me to look at especially when it's like this outside. It LOOKS like it should be warm and wonderful but it's not! Hope the clinic goes well.

Dave: where ya been lately? Hope you are well. Sorry to hear about the extra moisture. Please do NOT send it our way. I'm done shovelling snow for the season. Period.

Big Vic: it's just not right that you are on your way to Orlando without planning any WDW time. Too bad but hope the trip is uneventful. I'm not much for shooting, but I did have a chance to fire a flintlock and a percussion cap rifle. I ended up with some powder burns on my neck but I never felt it. Really strange to fire those things.

Stephanie: what is Zumba?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Happy Easter All

Jeff

Thanks for the sunset pic. One of our dreams is to retire to the islands. Martha's job is to sit on the lanai and enjoy the sunset. My job is an inter-island pilot. Seeing your photos is pure motivation.

Jen

Congratulations and amazement on carrying the new arrival 39.3 miles.

Vic

You weren't kidding that every business meeting is in Orlando. That's a long drive to just sit in a conference room. Congrats to Marilyn on her accuracy with the new Walther.

MSW Dave

It's nice to see you. I hope you and your family are well and warm today.

I had great plans for my running yesterday, and they fell flat. I was tired before even starting, and the outcome wasn't pretty. I planned for 6 miles on a easy, hard sequence, but didn't make it. The esy miles were terrible, and the 2 hard miles were really terrible, so after 4.75 I declared victory and stepped off the track. With Minnie only 42 days away I need a few successful hard/tempo workouts if I'm going to make my goal.

Warning: Completely off-topic soccer talk for Debra:

So, your Dood is a Friedl man? This has been the major discussion in the USMNT discussion boards for years, as I am a Keller guy. Both are great keepers, and have had great club and country careers. Friedl is taller and has arms so long they look silly. Friedl is also better with his feet and is better in distribution. Keller is a far better pure shot blocker, and he is much more aggressive off his line. Plus I admire Keller for being the first American to break into England, and doesn't have that silly English accent. Everytime I listen to Friedl I have to giggle, since he grew up in Ohio.

My preference for Kasey is due to his willingness to come off his line. During my College years, playing with my summer club I played sweeper, and I figured any balls played over my head which I couldn't run down were my keeper's. Nothing frustrated me more than to see a ball I couldn't catch and see my keeper nailed to the goal line, leaving 20 meters of space for the striker to run on to. Keller is quick off his line, and sometimes Friedl stays on his line, relying on his size and amazing reach to cover the goal.

This discussion is pretty moot now, since Friedl had retired from the NATS and Keller will see limited spot duty. The #1 job is Tim Howard's, appropriately, as he's at the top of his game and is playing as well as any keeper in the EPL. It is a great source of pride that 4 keepers in the EPL are Yanks, and any of the 4 are clearly better than the English keepers in the league. Now if we could only develop a new generation of strikers and attacking central midfielders.

Good egg-hunting everyone. Plus you have my permission to eat all the chocolate bunnies and eggs you like. Calories don't count today.

Craig

EasterMickeyBlueRabbit.jpg
HAPPY EASTER!!
Wanted to HOP on by and say hello...
Did a LW (long walk) today 5 miles, not too bad and got it in before the thunderstorms start again later today.:)

Hope everyone has a great day filled with family and friends (especially WISH friends!!):grouphug:

Morning folks! Happy Easter!

Yesterday I had an amazing run, which for me, those have been few and far between lately. I ran with another lady and we finished up 7.4 miles in an 11:10 pace. Our pace was consistent the entire way and this was my longest run since the Goofy. No shin pain on the entire run! It is supposed to be sunny with a high of 50 deg today so I'm hoping to get another run in today because I have been slacking lately.....

Krista and Steve - Congratulations on your baby boy!

Jen in GA - I cannot believe you ran the Goofy while pregnant!! Congratulations on your impending little arrivial. I'm looking forward to seeing you at the Minnie.

Aloha Jeff - What an amazing picture. Thanks for sharing!

Debra - Ah, running skirts....yes I may own about 20 or so of them. Most of them are the Skirt Sports brand, but those are no longer my favorite since I discovered RunningSkirts.com. RS.com only have briefs underneath, but they still cover well and they are so much more comfortable. No tugging down of shorts underneath! I have a couple NB ones too, but I really don't care for them.

Okay folks, time for me to get some house cleaning done so I can get some exercise in before going to my brother and sister-in-laws for dinner tonight. Have a great day everyone!

:flower3: Happy Easter everyone.

It's a beautiful day here, cold but sunny. By afternoon it should be in the 40's, so I'm planning to do my longest run (walk) to date, 9 miles.

Have a great day with family and friends.

Happy Easter, Wish team!!!!!!!!!!!

We're getting ready to head over to my parents for Easter dinner, but I wanted to share a couple of pictures of the baby. (Sorry for boring those who really could care less. ;) ) We are naming the baby Carter Stephen, Carter after my grandpa and Stephen after well, Stephen. :)

This picture is a profile of the baby's face.
DSC02030.jpg

This one is his spine at the top of the picture, feet to the left and head to the right.
DSC02031.jpg

And this one I *think* is the top of his head to the left and then his body all curled up and his feet to the right. But I really have no clue. :)
DSC02036.jpg

I'll get caught up with everyone tomorrow, Girl Scout's honor. I am so sorry that all of my last few posts have been all about me, I will try to be a better Wish team member! LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!

Krista

congrats Krista;Great news and nice pics!

Happy Easter everyone.

I got 6.3 miles in 60 minutes today, so not bad for an out of shape fat guy 17 weeks away from a 1/2 Tri. :eek:

Mike

Krista--thanks for sharing the pics!

Martha--Zumba is a group aerobics/fitness class. It's based on latin and hip hop music. I posted a couple days ago, I felt like I should be drinking a margarita instead of doing squats. It's like a party in the fitness room! Lots of fun and a good chance to relax and laugh at yourself!;)

Dave asked I post this here to garner support for the relaxation of the TOT time cut off.

We will be at the ING ATlanta marathon, doing the 1/2, and Disney folks are supposed to be at the EXPO. We will make it a point to tell them our thoughts, concerns and the concerns of others reference this issue, sooo if ya are at any other race be it Disney or other, Tell the Disney folks at the Expo your thoughts, It couldn't hurt. Hey bing a couple of changes of clothes, sunglasses etc and change them several times and go back and tell then again and again.

I woould hate to have folsk miss out for fear of not making the time cut.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter