WISH walkers...How's it going???

lmhall2000

May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you
Wanted to check in to see how everyone is trying to prepare for this marathon- anyone else daunted by trying to maintain a 16 minute mile for 13 miles!! (Can we wear those shoes that change into skates- maybe noone will notice)

But I do have good news to report- I've maintained walking atleast 20 miles a week for 3 weeks now. And I walked the treadmill at the Y tonight for 20 minutes at 3.7 and 10 minutes at 4.0- 3 weeks ago my heart rate would spike above 180 after just 1 minute at 4.0 but tonight at minute 5 my heart rate was only at 166- good cardio rate for my age. And I shaved 3 minutes off my 4 mile walk on Tuesday- so even with the extra 65 pounds I'm carrying I'm moving faster.

Just wanted to see what all you guys are doing to get ready- I'm really focusing on losing these 65 pounds and hoping my speed will increase as I lose.

GO WALKERS GO!!!
Tara

Tara- WOW!! I am so impressed with you! You are a woman on a mission aren't you! Maybe you should be leading the group!

I have finally begun walking some. I've walked a total of 4 miles this week- which is pretty darn good for me. But, my plan and dream is still to be there in Jan. 2005 with bells on my shoes and walking that 1/2 marathon! I'm still very excited about it. After the first 3-4 weeks of doing the WATP 1 mile tape, I'll increase to the 2 mile tape and so on. Then , probably by the fall, I'll start walking the hills in my neighborhood with all those miles at once. It will take a while to get my stamina up- but I think this will be an excellent way to do it! My neighbor across the street runs marathons and said he would help me train. But first, I really need to concentrate the weight loss- so far I'm at -18 lbs since I joined WISH and -28 lbs. all together. I still have about 115-125 lbs. to lose!

I am so proud of you ! What an inspiration you are - THANKS!!!

Tara! You are doing great with your walking! 20 miles a week? That's incredible.

I am still on the one pound WATP dvd, I don't think I'm marathon material. But you, my friend, sound like you are going to do great in that 2005 marathon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!