WISH Away the Pounds - Spectacular September Challenge...Everyone Welcome

I can totally relate to your comments about clothing Magdalene. I went out last week to a meal for a colleague who is leaving, and I wore a black dress (like an oversized T-shirt that comes about 2 inches above my knee), thick tights and knee high black suede boots. I would never have dared wear anything like this before. When I went to the ladies, there was a full length mirror (I don't have one at home) and I actually thought I looked quite good!!!

Did you go to IKEA???? I can spend hours in that place!!!

With your dramatic (in a good sense!) weight loss, I can imagine that you feel like a king when you look at the mirror!!! :goodvibes But the last pictures you posted, you did indeed look fabulous! The outfit sounds really stylish, the weather has turned nasty here as well and I did some internet shopping for new boots yesterday. But I decided that for boots the same applies as does for cloths shopping at the moment: only things that I really need are being bought, I am getting closer to my first interim goal (at which I will reevaluate whether I want to lose more or not) and I don't want to buy stuff that looks great now and not anymore once I lost the last few kilos.

I wish I had been at IKEA - that is small in comparison! :eek: It was a traditional furniture store that is called "XXXL Lutz" because it is sooooooo big. But it was filled with so much stuff that I did not like at all. Very depressing. And there I thought that it was time to finally buy grown up furniture. The problem is that I like the IKEA design, but not necessarily the quality. And in traditional furniture the stuff that I like is then the really expensive stuff. Like a shoe storage unit for the hallway for 600 €!! :scared1: For that money I can spend a long weekend in Paris or a week in the sun. Much more fun than putting shoes away... :rolleyes1

Hello guys - I've been very busy with work stuff, my DD starting her first job and keeping up the hour of exercise most days.

I didn't lose the first week, but made up for it this week with what looks to be about a two pound loss! Very happy since it'll probably be another week of maintaining and another week of hopefully a lose and I'll hit my goal (which is only 3 pounds this month). I'm trying to slow the loss goals so I don't get frustrated. I'm in territory I haven't been in since college and am hoping to break into the 160s in October. I actually bought size 12 jeans at WalMart the other day - the lowest size I've fit in since I can remember is 14 (and that's my low end).

Getting closer to our cruise date so that's incentive for me to keep it up. For general secrets, mine is staying active. The more I exercise the stronger I feel and it just makes me feel good about myself, and I am an emotional eater... Less likely to do that if I'm feeling good. I'm also less likely to eat too much and eat bad stuff because I'm thinking well why did I just waste an hour running around the lake then??

Hi Magdalene

I buy IKEA as I get bored easily and have less of a hard time gving it away and replacng it!!!! I'm the same with carpets and soft furnishings too. My mum had the same carpet for over 20 years because she paid so much for it, but spent the last 10 years that she wanted to change it but wouldn't as it cost so much. Got to find a happy medium somewhere!

I'm just buying cheap clothing at the moment to get me through until I get to the size I'm comfortable with. Today I'm surfing the net looking for cheap running clothes as all of those are now too big as well!!!! Sports bras are way too expensive!!!! £40 for one to fit me as I'm still quite big in that department!!!

Hi Magdalene

I buy IKEA as I get bored easily and have less of a hard time gving it away and replacng it!!!! I'm the same with carpets and soft furnishings too. My mum had the same carpet for over 20 years because she paid so much for it, but spent the last 10 years that she wanted to change it but wouldn't as it cost so much. Got to find a happy medium somewhere!

I'm just buying cheap clothing at the moment to get me through until I get to the size I'm comfortable with. Today I'm surfing the net looking for cheap running clothes as all of those are now too big as well!!!! Sports bras are way too expensive!!!! £40 for one to fit me as I'm still quite big in that department!!!

I know what you mean about wanting to be able to replace things without feeling like you wasted money! :goodvibes

Good luck with the cheap running clothes! I need to go out and get some insulated running tights as well. But at the moment I seem to have given up on most exercise (still walk between 45 and 60 minutes every day). I guess somehow I have developed the superstition (going back to Friday's QOTD) that exercise is not helping me to lose weight. I know that I should get more active just for my personal well being. But I feel that I am having so many things to take care of at the moment that exercise has become less important. I am just happy to have my eating so well under control at the moment!

Favorite secret to success: Don't beat yourself up about a non-successful day/week/month. The way I always look at it is that we are living for the long run. You want to get healthy for life. If you don't have a good day or week, don't just give up because it hurts you more than if you just admit you had a bad day or week and then continue from there to try and improve. This isn't a race. Doesn't matter how fast we get there. The objective is just to get there.:cheer2:

Great secret of success to pass on! :thumbsup2 You are definitely in this healthy lifestyle thing for the long haul! ::yes::

Which brings me to the QOTD Saturday, 9/14/13 and Sunday, 9/15/13: What is your favorite secret of success?

My secret is not to sweat the small stuff. If I can keep focus on the bigger picture, the small stuff tends to take care of itself, whereas if I focus on the small stuff, I get stressed out and have a tendency to throw in the towel!!!

Take this week.....I've had a week off work and OH and I have been going out for days here and there. My eating on occasions has not been good, and I have had some really unhealthy meals.......but, I've kept up the exercise, shopped for good nutricious food for next week and the scales are already showing a 1lb loss! See...bigger picture is best for me.

Wise words from a very successful loser! :yay:

QOTD I guess this week it would be follow the 80/20 rule and cut myself some slack (though I wasn't very successful this week I will be eventually)! Honestly in the past what has worked has been tracking every single thing that passed my lips! My old ww leader used to remind us weekly "if you bite it-write it!!" and it worked as I was often guilty of forgetting that little something I'd eaten between meals when I didn't write it down :lmao:

I have faith that you will be very successful, luvpoohandcompany! :goodvibes "Track only on the days that you want to lose" is another good WW saying. It really does make a difference keeping track of things for sure.

Wow, who thought that furniture shopping would be exercise. I went to look at new furniture today and went to the massive store. First it was a hassle to get there and I had to walk quite a bit from the underground station. And then once I had looked at everything (slowly walking through the store) I come out and feel tired. Then I look at my watch and realise that I spend 2 hours walking up and down the aisles there. With getting there and back and some regular shopping, I think I have been walking for nearly 3 hours today. No wonder my legs and feet feel tired...

Also had a non scale victory as I tried on a dress that I bought for when I lost the weight that I always wanted to lose and it is wearable! Yay! Of course it is a summer dress, so it will have to wait until next year, but that's ok, it will look even better once I get down a few kilos more! I am starting to feel very confident about my weight now. Looking at myself in the mirror, especially from the side, I feel that I don't look fat anymore. That's great and with the current scale movement a huge motivator to stay on track!

QOTD:

My secret is portion control. It goes with the tracking, but at home I try to put everything on a kitchen scale before I eat it and track accordingly, even my small piece of chocolate. I tend to overeat and having my portions measured out exactly really helps me not to do that.

ITA, Magdalene, honest portion control is a big part of success. :goodvibes

Think of all the APs you earned with all that walking and kudos to you on the dress! :cool1:

I can totally relate to your comments about clothing Magdalene. I went out last week to a meal for a colleague who is leaving, and I wore a black dress (like an oversized T-shirt that comes about 2 inches above my knee), thick tights and knee high black suede boots. I would never have dared wear anything like this before. When I went to the ladies, there was a full length mirror (I don't have one at home) and I actually thought I looked quite good!!!

Did you go to IKEA???? I can spend hours in that place!!!

Sounds like you were rocking those boots, Helen! :rockband:

Hello guys - I've been very busy with work stuff, my DD starting her first job and keeping up the hour of exercise most days.

I didn't lose the first week, but made up for it this week with what looks to be about a two pound loss! Very happy since it'll probably be another week of maintaining and another week of hopefully a lose and I'll hit my goal (which is only 3 pounds this month). I'm trying to slow the loss goals so I don't get frustrated. I'm in territory I haven't been in since college and am hoping to break into the 160s in October. I actually bought size 12 jeans at WalMart the other day - the lowest size I've fit in since I can remember is 14 (and that's my low end).

Getting closer to our cruise date so that's incentive for me to keep it up. For general secrets, mine is staying active. The more I exercise the stronger I feel and it just makes me feel good about myself, and I am an emotional eater... Less likely to do that if I'm feeling good. I'm also less likely to eat too much and eat bad stuff because I'm thinking well why did I just waste an hour running around the lake then??

Congrats on the loss! :yay: Keep up the good work -- you will be glad that you did when you step on the ship. :boat: It really does help to think in terms of how much you would have to work out to work off something. Lots of stuff does not get eaten that way. ::yes::

Hi Magdalene

Do you have Target, Helen? Their Champion C9 stuff isn't too expensive and lasts, even the sports bras. You could use the cheap ones for the short runs and save the expensive one for the long runs when you might chafe more.

I know what you mean about wanting to be able to replace things without feeling like you wasted money! :goodvibes

Good luck with the cheap running clothes! I need to go out and get some insulated running tights as well. But at the moment I seem to have given up on most exercise (still walk between 45 and 60 minutes every day). I guess somehow I have developed the superstition (going back to Friday's QOTD) that exercise is not helping me to lose weight. I know that I should get more active just for my personal well being. But I feel that I am having so many things to take care of at the moment that exercise has become less important. I am just happy to have my eating so well under control at the moment!

Sounds like you've found a great mix of activity and food that is helping you to lose the last few pounds until your goal. That is what it is all about, finding what works for YOU! :goodvibes

Happy Sunday all! Have a wonderful day!

Oh man I'm needing that "don't sweat the small stuff" reminders! Had a bad day at the movies. We went To a new place where you eat there (like real food, dinner etc). We had a food gift card. We just ordered the popcorn and each had a soft pretzel so I know all that salt is going to kill me today (I weigh daily to hopefully help keep my focus).

DH went to the farmers market and bought 3 loaves of bread!! What the heck. It's the best sourdough I've ever had and some raisin walnut bread that I've eaten almost a whole loaf myself over a weekend just eating slices of bread. Man this baker it great. But I have to tell myself "bread is cake" and try to avoid it as much as possible.

I so want this week to show a loss but I just can't get my act together. Then went to a new little beer store that carries a great selection of new and obscure beers, and picked several to try. So now I have that to contend with.

Ugh. Well I'm going to drag myself on the treadmill which I feel is a waste because its not helping lose but just maintain.

Oh well. Shut up bad voices, dust myself off, I can only change what's coming ahead of me and not what's in the past.

QOTD: I guess my "secrets" aren't really secrets at all. My successes come down to staying very active, portion control and what is making up those portions. It's funny because last night the DH and I went with our BFF's to our favorite upscale Italian place (our friend/the owner is from Salerno and helped us plan our trip), where we had a great bottle of wine, Hoenig. I told those guys I rarely drank anything before I met them, so I must have been making up for lost time the past few years! :lmao: So now that I'm done partying like a rock star, and since I'm sure that's what's been my biggest enemy for losing, I expect to see some great results. :thumbsup2:banana: Plus, since those guys all like red wine much more than I do, I'll drink what they do but only a glass or two at the most. I'll save the margaritas for the big celebrations from now on. :thumbsup2

Oh man I'm needing that "don't sweat the small stuff" reminders! Had a bad day at the movies. We went To a new place where you eat there (like real food, dinner etc). We had a food gift card. We just ordered the popcorn and each had a soft pretzel so I know all that salt is going to kill me today (I weigh daily to hopefully help keep my focus).

DH went to the farmers market and bought 3 loaves of bread!! What the heck. It's the best sourdough I've ever had and some raisin walnut bread that I've eaten almost a whole loaf myself over a weekend just eating slices of bread. Man this baker it great. But I have to tell myself "bread is cake" and try to avoid it as much as possible.

I so want this week to show a loss but I just can't get my act together. Then went to a new little beer store that carries a great selection of new and obscure beers, and picked several to try. So now I have that to contend with.

Ugh. Well I'm going to drag myself on the treadmill which I feel is a waste because its not helping lose but just maintain.

Oh well. Shut up bad voices, dust myself off, I can only change what's coming ahead of me and not what's in the past.
Sounds like we have the same kind of voices in our heads! Keep your chin up!

No Target in the UK unfortunately Lisa...we do have Asda though which is the UK part of Wal-Mart and their running clothing is quite good. Bras are another matter though. I'm a 38F, so need something really solid for running!!! Only ones that seem strong enough are Shock Absorber.

QOTD Saturday, 9/14/13 and Sunday, 9/15/13: What is your favorite secret of success?

Try not to be too hard on yourself. I really try not to beat myself up if I eat a cupcake or fudge, or, if I decide I want a piece of pizza instead of a salad. Also, do not compare yourself to others. Everyone is different and unique, so do not worry about others. Do your best and celebrate your successes!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone! Omgsh...I've missed this place! I really didn't realize how busy I was going to be once I started back to work. I pretty much go to work, workout if I have time, come home & help with homework, make/eat dinner, and run to either soccer, drum lessons, or gymnastics. Luckily, I have a great husband who works 12 hour weekend shifts, so during the week he is home and encourages me to workout right after I get done at work. If he wasn't home with the kids, I would probably never get a run in! In fact, I ran a local police 5k this morning. It was a fun race and I PRd with a 28:30. I was 7th in my age group (35-39) and only about 170 people ran total! These 35-39 year old chicks can run :rotfl2:

So, I am about to head back and catch up on everything while I watch some football. I hope all is well around here. I totally feel bad that I haven't been able to get on and reply to everyone. Hopefully now that we have the daily routines down better, I'll have more time to be here. I'll catch up again soon. Have a great day.

Jill

Which brings me to the QOTD Saturday, 9/14/13 and Sunday, 9/15/13: What is your favorite secret of success? It can be from this list or one of your own.

I will be back later with more replies and my own answer. Have a great week-end! :goodvibes

TRACKING, TRACKING, TRACKING.... oh, and did I mention??? TRACKING!! :lmao: That is BY FAR, my number one (not-so) secret to success, followed closely by WEIGHING/MEASURING portions! The way I see it, if you don't know what you're eating or how much, how can you possibly continue to be successful at weight loss. We ALL got here by eating TOO MUCH (sometimes of the right things, often of the wrong things). And it is asking FAR TOO MUCH of our busy brains to remember EVERYTHING we've eaten, all day. So TRACKING. And if we aren't keeping an eye on our portions, how do we know if we are eating 3 PPV/300 calories of chicken breast or 5 PPV/500 calories! Is that salad dressing we drizzled on our salad directly from the bottle a tablespoon or 3 tablespoons?? And if we don't know how much it was, how can we accurately track it??

Sorry I haven't been on today. Trying to keep busy here around the house and get some projects done before the weather turns on us. Got one window scraped and painted and another one scraped (and I will paint it tomorrow if I don't work). Plan is to get all four front downstairs windows done this week and then move to one or two more that are in desperate shape, hopefully all before it gets too cold.

Had a juicing day today, but got too hungry and had to grab a peach. Plan on having a vegetable dinner... but real whole veggies that I can chew! Men will have lovely leftover pot roast!

TTYL......................P

:wave: I have not disappeared off the face of the earth.

But it has been an interesting month or so.

First--Jill--That is an amazing time for a 5k! Congrats to you. :goodvibes

I have given up on September. I know there are still two weeks left, but I also know I am going to stress eat my way through those two weeks. Just being real.

I am going to work very hard to get in my exercise and to eat some healthy food each day. That's the best I can do right now.

We move Friday and Saturday into an apartment and the closing on our house is the 24th. It has all been very emotional, but it's going to be ok.

We still don't have a long range plan--actually not sure what we are going to do. We leased an apartment for 6 mos. So that will give us some time to take a breath and regroup. :goodvibes

I ran 8 miles today, so that's good. And it wasn't too painful. I have also kept up with my mile a day for the year.

Really looking forward to W&D in November. :)

I plan to hit it hard in October--training and food choices. :goodvibes

I have done this before, and I can do it again. :thumbsup2

I have given up on September. I know there are still two weeks left, but I also know I am going to stress eat my way through those two weeks. Just being real.

I am going to work very hard to get in my exercise and to eat some healthy food each day. That's the best I can do right now.

We move Friday and Saturday into an apartment and the closing on our house is the 24th. It has all been very emotional, but it's going to be ok.

We still don't have a long range plan--actually not sure what we are going to do. We leased an apartment for 6 mos. So that will give us some time to take a breath and regroup. :goodvibes

I ran 8 miles today, so that's good. And it wasn't too painful. I have also kept up with my mile a day for the year.

Hi Rose! :wave2: I've been wondering where you've been. Can I officially welcome you to the Sunshine :sunny: State yet? Don't give up on September yet, it's only half over! I hear you about October though. I want to be down as much as possible before showtime on November 9th. ::yes:: :thumbsup2

Hope everybody had a great weekend. I was actually pretty good both with food and the exercise. I hate those days though where I have no energy and don't feel like doing anything. Those usually end up being my "snack on everything in sight" days. :scared1: That being said, I could have been a LOT worse, but made a conscious effort to keep things in check. Of course, throwing in a 2 hour nap in the middle of Sunday afternoon helped too! :hyper: Here's to kicking the scale's butt this week for all of us. :thumbsup2 :cool1:

Good morning all! :goodvibes

We've talked about superstitions and secrets so far this week so today I thought we would talk about power . . . the power of words!

Motivational quotes can inspire you when you’re up in the clouds or feeling low. Losing weight is hard, and it’s easy to lose belief in yourself. Loss of momentum can cause you to backslide and forget about your diet and exercise regimens. Boosting yourself up with inspirational weight loss quotes can help you find the courage and stamina necessary to continue on your journey.

Everyone needs motivation some times. Having some inspiration words to go to can help you get over a rough patch or simply bring a smile to your day.

598474_10153175695975478_1710757401_n.jpg

forgetpastmistakes.jpg

stopsayingiwish.jpg

todaysprogress.jpg

QOTD Monday, September 16, 2013: Share your favorite motivational quote or mantra or any other words that motivate you.

BRB with replies and my answer.

Great attitude! :thumbsup2 Sorry for all the yummy temptations coming all at once but maybe best to get them over with? :confused3 I know you will be back on track and knocking down those goals soon. ::yes::

QOTD: I guess my "secrets" aren't really secrets at all. My successes come down to staying very active, portion control and what is making up those portions. It's funny because last night the DH and I went with our BFF's to our favorite upscale Italian place (our friend/the owner is from Salerno and helped us plan our trip), where we had a great bottle of wine, Hoenig. I told those guys I rarely drank anything before I met them, so I must have been making up for lost time the past few years! :lmao: So now that I'm done partying like a rock star, and since I'm sure that's what's been my biggest enemy for losing, I expect to see some great results. :thumbsup2:banana: Plus, since those guys all like red wine much more than I do, I'll drink what they do but only a glass or two at the most. I'll save the margaritas for the big celebrations from now on. :thumbsup2

Great plan! :thumbsup2 I know a lot of WW people who make it a point to earn APs so they can enjoy a nice glass of wine or adult beverage. :cool2: That is one of the nice things about WW, you can enjoy everything. A margarita after W&D sounds like a great idea! :yay:

Sounds like we have the same kind of voices in our heads! Keep your chin up!

Nicely put! :flower3:

No Target in the UK unfortunately Lisa...we do have Asda though which is the UK part of Wal-Mart and their running clothing is quite good. Bras are another matter though. I'm a 38F, so need something really solid for running!!! Only ones that seem strong enough are Shock Absorber.

That is a challenge for sure. Here is a link to an article that was published in Runner's World last summer that might be helpful called The Best Sports Bras for Runners. http://www.runnersworld.com/running-apparel/bra-vo?page=single Good luck! :goodvibes

Try not to be too hard on yourself. I really try not to beat myself up if I eat a cupcake or fudge, or, if I decide I want a piece of pizza instead of a salad. Also, do not compare yourself to others. Everyone is different and unique, so do not worry about others. Do your best and celebrate your successes!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone! Omgsh...I've missed this place! I really didn't realize how busy I was going to be once I started back to work. I pretty much go to work, workout if I have time, come home & help with homework, make/eat dinner, and run to either soccer, drum lessons, or gymnastics. Luckily, I have a great husband who works 12 hour weekend shifts, so during the week he is home and encourages me to workout right after I get done at work. If he wasn't home with the kids, I would probably never get a run in! In fact, I ran a local police 5k this morning. It was a fun race and I PRd with a 28:30. I was 7th in my age group (35-39) and only about 170 people ran total! These 35-39 year old chicks can run :rotfl2:

So, I am about to head back and catch up on everything while I watch some football. I hope all is well around here. I totally feel bad that I haven't been able to get on and reply to everyone. Hopefully now that we have the daily routines down better, I'll have more time to be here. I'll catch up again soon. Have a great day.

Jill

:woohoo: congratulations on your 5k PR! :yay: Doesn't that just make you feel like a million bucks?

It is a tough time of year getting everyone back in their routines. It's so nice that your DH supports you and your healthy lifestyle. :love:

TRACKING, TRACKING, TRACKING.... oh, and did I mention??? TRACKING!! :lmao: That is BY FAR, my number one (not-so) secret to success, followed closely by WEIGHING/MEASURING portions! The way I see it, if you don't know what you're eating or how much, how can you possibly continue to be successful at weight loss. We ALL got here by eating TOO MUCH (sometimes of the right things, often of the wrong things). And it is asking FAR TOO MUCH of our busy brains to remember EVERYTHING we've eaten, all day. So TRACKING. And if we aren't keeping an eye on our portions, how do we know if we are eating 3 PPV/300 calories of chicken breast or 5 PPV/500 calories! Is that salad dressing we drizzled on our salad directly from the bottle a tablespoon or 3 tablespoons?? And if we don't know how much it was, how can we accurately track it??

Sorry I haven't been on today. Trying to keep busy here around the house and get some projects done before the weather turns on us. Got one window scraped and painted and another one scraped (and I will paint it tomorrow if I don't work). Plan is to get all four front downstairs windows done this week and then move to one or two more that are in desperate shape, hopefully all before it gets too cold.

Had a juicing day today, but got too hungry and had to grab a peach. Plan on having a vegetable dinner... but real whole veggies that I can chew! Men will have lovely leftover pot roast!

TTYL......................P

Tracking is a big part of success. ::yes:: No one likes to do it but it makes a huge difference in your success for sure.

Good job getting those projects done before the weather turns. We still have a few fall projects to get through here and the weather has definitely turned at last. Still no frost though it is only a matter of time. :sunny:

Darn those smilie police. BRB.

Glad to hear the moving is going as smoothly as can be expected, Rose. Hang in there! :goodvibes Adventures are fun, right?

Hi Rose! :wave2: I've been wondering where you've been. Can I officially welcome you to the Sunshine :sunny: State yet? Don't give up on September yet, it's only half over! I hear you about October though. I want to be down as much as possible before showtime on November 9th. ::yes:: :thumbsup2

Hope everybody had a great weekend. I was actually pretty good both with food and the exercise. I hate those days though where I have no energy and don't feel like doing anything. Those usually end up being my "snack on everything in sight" days. :scared1: That being said, I could have been a LOT worse, but made a conscious effort to keep things in check. Of course, throwing in a 2 hour nap in the middle of Sunday afternoon helped too! :hyper: Here's to kicking the scale's butt this week for all of us. :thumbsup2 :cool1:

Hear! Hear! :thumbsup2

QOTD Monday, September 16, 2013: Share your favorite motivational quote or mantra or any other words that motivate you.

My favorite motivational quotes change depending on what I am needing at that time. I am making an effort to be more present lately so this one is a good one for me right now.

ifyouaredepressed.jpg

For running I like this one:

1239479_10151635153166987_1986059767_n.jpg

Have a great day all! :goodvibes

I know that I don't post alot, but I'm alway following along. Congrats to all who had success last week with your weigh in. I did not have any success last week so I will keep strong and not let it get me down. My manager at work usually sends out her "Monday Mantra", and it was just what I needed. I thought I'd share it. Here it is.

A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they’d be asked the “half empty or half full” question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired: “How heavy is this glass of water?” Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz. She replied, “The absolute weight doesn’t matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it’s not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I’ll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn’t change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes.”
She continued, “The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything.”
It’s important to remember to let go of our stresses. As early in the evening as we can, put all our burdens down. Don’t carry them through the evening and into the night. Remember to put the glass down

I have a number of faves depending on the day, but one that I always have on my desk wall is "You can't outrun a bad diet". The closer I get to my various race days, the more I pay attention to that! :goodvibes

Another one of my favorites is "Either you run the day, or the day runs you". Isn't that the truth??? :goodvibes

I also don't post very often but I check in to read replies a couple of times a day!

I like to browse pinterest's "health and fitness" section when I am feeling unmotivated. Between the motivational pictures and even just the images of weights/shoes/etc is usually enough to get me back on track.

I do have this hanging at my desk at work though:lmao:

sharknado.jpg

I am not at all good with quotes, so I will just enjoy what everyone else posts on today's QOTD! :goodvibes

I think I am more motivated by the posts I can find here and the chatter. I haven been struggling with weight for so long, but over the last few years it has been a lot of losing and regaining the same 8 pounds over and over again. And I realised today that over the course of the last 12 months I managed to keep focussed on eating healthy for a very long time. Some was with setbacks, especially December last year was really really bad. But I also realised that one year ago was the first time I became active in a Biggest Loser thread. I think I signed up before, but never participated. Then last fall I decided to come out and chat more. And then starting with the new format in January I really did chat much more than before. I am sure that this is something that kept me going, it is the reason why this year I had really bad weeks, not months at a time. My bad months have mainly been maintains and since December was so bad, I started out the new year at nearly the same weight as my September 2012 weight. So I can say that I have lost 15 pounds this year. Which I am very content with and I know I would not have been able to do this without the support of all of you!

I am starting to feel very confident that this time I will finally really make it down to my dream weight! But I do have interim goals. Fortunately the scale is moving again, I saw another low number today. Only half a pound and I will below the lowest weight I ever had since I started Weight Watchers for the first time in 2005!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter