WISH Away the Pounds - Spectacular September Challenge...Everyone Welcome

Hello! I would love to join this thread. Just yesterday I booked our trip for next year in October and I refuse to go to WDW at this weight. I want to be in pictures with my DH and DD! I have a while before the trip but also have a lot of work to do. I look forward to joining here for some mutual support as I have started this journey several times but now really am motivated by our trip next year to STAY ON TRACK AND FINISH!

Thanks for putting this thread out there! :)

Hiya welcome to the team :) A trip is a brilliant motivator. Bet you cant wait to start planning it all :)

Good morning, everyone! Wednesday already - how did that happen?! The kids are off to school (their first day of walking together to the bus stop without a parent - DH shadowed them in the car), and I'm waiting for the plumbing guys to come measure the spot where we want to replace our pedestal sink with a small cabinet vanity. Working at the same time, but it's hard to hear the doorbell from the home office, so I'm leaning a lot. :)

I commuted yesterday, which always makes for a long day, but I still got out for a 5K run last night. It was so hot during the day - I went at sunset, which was pretty...and then dark. I think I might have inhaled a spider web. :crazy2: But otherwise, it was a good run! I have a half marathon this Saturday morning, and we have a forecast low of 49, high of 69, and not a cloud in sight. That would be SO perfect for a long run...and this one starts and ends at a winery, too. That is definitely not a bad thing.

Hope everyone has a great day!

XO
Liz

Happy Monday, everyone!

I managed to do pretty well this weekend - landing in about the same spot on the scale after handling a church picnic (Saturday) and a small cookout at our house (Sunday). *whew* I went more off the rails yesterday when we opened the wine, but it was worth it! ;) I might have had a couple of extra little cookies, but overall I was pretty proud of myself for sticking to the overall plan.

And today, oh my heck, today. I barely had time to eat! I had a MD appt at 8 and physical therapy at 9, so DH managed the whole kids-out-the-door process. I grabbed a little bit of work time with a lunch break jammed in at Subway. Got the kids at the bus stop (Mondays are an early release day here, drives me nuts!) and got homework going for the older one. Mitigated a few disputes and knocked out a bit more work before getting the kids out to their dental cleanings. Home and immediately sent the younger one down the street for her first piano lesson. Quick phone convo with the older one's teacher about her math placement - on speaker with DH, who had just gotten home. Chowed down a SmartOnes chicken quesadilla while DH started a quick dinner for the kids. Ran (almost literally) to the first-grader's back-to-school night; DH brought DDs with him to his church committee meeting. Back here, grabbed a quick snack (dried fruit) and got some work done. Miles to go, but I may give up soon and take my Kindle up to bed.

OOF.

I hope you guys had a slightly less insane Monday! Here's to a great week with less of all of us. :)

XO
Liz

AHHH!! I remember those days! I can't BELIEVE I am old enough for that to now be in my PAST! With DD off to college my schedule has changed SO MUCH! I haven't been out of the house during the evening hours, other than to run my WW meetings, since she left in August! I LOVE being home!!

Sounds like you got it all done though....good for you. Remember to take care of YOU!!

I decided with my boyfriend being away M-F for the next 8 weeks, I would try to start a new routine of getting up earlier every day, as opposed to my current one of running out of the door for work at the last possible second. Today is my second day of setting an alarm for 5 and the coffee pot for 5:30. Today was a little harder than yesterday but I still did it! Being able to eat a "real" breakfast has definitely been a nice change of pace. I also noticed yesterday that I definitely snacked way less. My usual routine was to toast a bagel at work and put peanut butter on it. Yesterday (and today) I have made eggs, a few strips of turkey bacon, some Ezekiel toast, and a small bowl of strawberries and raspberries. Feeling pretty good about it. :)

What a great motivator to start a new routine! It will be so much easier to get a new schedule going when you only have to worry about YOU. The healthy filling breakfast sounds great! A good breakfast is such a key to staying full and satisfied for the WHOLE DAY! I just don't understand folks who can skip eating until noon... I would pass out from starvation!

Try to really APPRECIATE and EMBRACE that "pretty good" feeling you are having about your new routine. It will help you stick with it when the pillow feels so good someday!

Hello everyone-had a busy weekend but managed to stay on track :thumbsup2 Dusted off weighing scales and measuring cups/spoons (I have Disney ones which always make me smile) so hopefully I will do good at Fridays weigh-in. I made Pamela's pizza (on the recipe thread)for our family movies night at the weekend and have to say it was delicious (thanks for sharing Pamela) plus I felt so angelic for not buying takeout (shining my halo now :lmao:).

Off to do school pick-ups (walking there today). Keep up the good work everyone:goodvibes

PS Very impressed with your handiwork Pamela-cooker looks great!

SO glad you enjoyed the recipe.... and thanks for the compliment on the range project! Wish the picture showed the dramatic change a bit better.

WOOHOO on pulling out the measuring cups etc! :thumbsup2

Oh, hello found 1.6 pounds club this week. :scared1: :eek: But that's what I get for thinking the more tequila I drank, the better the Miami Hurricanes would beat up on the Gators! :rotfl: :lmao: (Which they DID BTW!):rotfl2: :hyper:

So does that mean that the tequila will make an appearance for every game???:lmao: (Honestly, I'm not even sure what sport those teams are involved in!)

No worries though as my official Wine and Dine training starts this week. :thumbsup2 Also going to try doing the protein shake for breakfast AND dinner and have a good meal at lunchtime. Guess we'll see how it goes next week. :confused3

Hope your new eating schedule helps. Good luck with your training.

Feeling the munchies now, but trying to stay on target as the dang scale says I put 1 lb. on over the weekend even though I have been very good about my food intake. Grrrrr :confused3

So instead of eating food I have in my house, I have decided to think of all the scrumptious treats I plan on eating next year at WDW. Since I have no access to them, it's ok to say I can have them, right? :rotfl2:

Tops on my list is the pumpkin spiced waffles I see for MNSSHP. Then it's Creme Brulee from Wolfgang Puck Express, brownie sundae from the food court and a funnel cake with ice cream & apples from Epcot AA kiosk. And maybe a Mickey bar if it's hot enough and I'm not too full. :rolleyes1

Stop... you're making me hungry!!:rotfl:

Hello! I would love to join this thread. Just yesterday I booked our trip for next year in October and I refuse to go to WDW at this weight. I want to be in pictures with my DH and DD! I have a while before the trip but also have a lot of work to do. I look forward to joining here for some mutual support as I have started this journey several times but now really am motivated by our trip next year to STAY ON TRACK AND FINISH!

Thanks for putting this thread out there! :)

WELCOME! Be sure to read page one so you get started on the right track with us! Do you know what kind of eating plan you are going to adopt??

Morning all! My day of double-work yesterday was long, but not terrible (subbed in Kindergarten during the day and then went straight to my WW meeting for the evening). It was more just the planning (lunch and snacks to pack, dinner in the crockpot, and an outfit appropriate for both situations) that was getting to me.

For those of you who are attending WW meetings, I LOVE this week's topic. I could really EMBRACE it and get my members to really THINK HARD about it. Make sure you don't miss your meeting! And one of my members brought me TWO TYPES of soup that she made from our newest WW cookbook (Family Style). I can't WAIT to try it for lunch today!! I let you know what I think (she is a chef, so I'm sure it is great!).

BEAUTIFUL weather day on tap here.... near record high temps (welcome back summer!!:lmao:). I have some WW work to do here at the computer and then will get some housework done and start on some projects here. I will wait and do my walk/run tonight after dinner, when it is a bit cooler (I hope). And I will try to drag DS along with me.... he really needs to increase his acitvity level. He isn't overweight or anything.... but he is "under active," especially since he doesn't play any organized sport any longer.

Off to chat just a bit on the meal planning thread! Come visit!.............P

I think I might have inhaled a spider web. :crazy2: But otherwise, it was a good run! I have a half marathon this Saturday morning, and we have a forecast low of 49, high of 69, and not a cloud in sight. That would be SO perfect for a long run...and this one starts and ends at a winery, too. That is definitely not a bad thing.
Liz

Spider? Blech!!!:scared: I have ingested my fair share of those little gnatty things that always seem to show up around 5:30 at night too. Extra protein, right??:rotfl2: :lmao:

I'm thinking if the start/finish is a winery, I'd probably skip the 13.1 in between! :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :cool1:

For those of you who are attending WW meetings, I LOVE this week's topic. I could really EMBRACE it and get my members to really THINK HARD about it. Make sure you don't miss your meeting!

Argh! I had to miss my on-site meeting yesterday (I'm the liaison for our WW at work program, or whatever they're calling it these days!) and will have to wait until next week to pick up the weekly. Sounds intriguing! :)

Spider? Blech!!!:scared: I have ingested my fair share of those little gnatty things that always seem to show up around 5:30 at night too. Extra protein, right??:rotfl2: :lmao:

I'm thinking if the start/finish is a winery, I'd probably skip the 13.1 in between! :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :cool1:
Fortunately, I missed the spider. I hope. :) And yes - if the winery was open for business that early, I'd be very tempted to skip all the miles in between! I will definitely have earned my wine this weekend!

XO
Liz

Hi everyone. I'm backafter a few impromptu days away!!!!

Seems like everyone is getting on with things OK for September....I noticed I have 10 new PMs to make my way through later. OH has gone to the gym, so am supposed to be getting dinner together in time for his return.

Got to confess.........yesterday not good (well it was fantastic actually..just not diet-wise). I had a MASSIVE english scone with cream and strawberry jam!!!! We were out in the country and a little tea shop coaught our attention. Have to say that I couldn't finish it and brought half home, which I ate last night...it was all I had all day apart from breakfast!!!

Tomorrow will be a bad food day too, we are going to the beach, so will be having fish and chips for lunch. In some ways I will be glad to get back to work next week as I find food much easier to control when I'm busy.

Will check the PMs soon and be back later.

Thanks for the welcome aboard! This trip really is a great motivator - I am sure I am not alone in that. I have enjoyed reading all the posts so far (except for the swallowing of a spider web - eeewww! terribly afraid of bugs and spiders). To answer the question about eating plan, I have been using my fitness pal to track a specific calorie diet and exercise plan for about 3 weeks now. My husband does paleo and has lost almost 40 pounds in 2 months. I cannot do paleo as I could never, never give up cheese, pasta, or alcohol. I just work on portioning appropriately now. One of the big problems I have is that I work full-time at night (sitting down) and then go to college full-time in the day (again sitting down) so I have little time for exercise. Except for golf. There is always time for golf. ;)

Looking forward to this journey with everyone!

Seems like everyone is getting on with things OK for September....I noticed I have 10 new PMs to make my way through later. OH has gone to the gym, so am supposed to be getting dinner together in time for his return.

Got to confess.........yesterday not good (well it was fantastic actually..just not diet-wise). I had a MASSIVE english scone with cream and strawberry jam!!!! We were out in the country and a little tea shop coaught our attention. Have to say that I couldn't finish it and brought half home, which I ate last night...it was all I had all day apart from breakfast!!!

Tomorrow will be a bad food day too, we are going to the beach, so will be having fish and chips for lunch. In some ways I will be glad to get back to work next week as I find food much easier to control when I'm busy.

Will check the PMs soon and be back later.

Sounds like some fun time (and fun foods!). I'm sure you'll be right back on track when the schedule returns to normal.

Thanks for the welcome aboard! This trip really is a great motivator - I am sure I am not alone in that. I have enjoyed reading all the posts so far (except for the swallowing of a spider web - eeewww! terribly afraid of bugs and spiders). To answer the question about eating plan, I have been using my fitness pal to track a specific calorie diet and exercise plan for about 3 weeks now. My husband does paleo and has lost almost 40 pounds in 2 months. I cannot do paleo as I could never, never give up cheese, pasta, or alcohol. I just work on portioning appropriately now. One of the big problems I have is that I work full-time at night (sitting down) and then go to college full-time in the day (again sitting down) so I have little time for exercise. Except for golf. There is always time for golf. ;)

Looking forward to this journey with everyone!

We have some other friends here who also use my fitness pal and they seem to really like it.

My DH follows Atkins (I don't totally approve of that particular plan, but it works for him), so I understand. I tried Atkins a few years ago.... for about 4 days at which point I wanted to KILL SOMEONE! I was SO TIRED of meat and broccoli and salad! As it is I am not a big meat eater, so it was not enjoyable to me to be "able" to eat beef and bacon to my heart's content. I find WW SO MUCH MORE FLEXIBLE!~ So I can totally understand not being able to follow a paleo diet with your DH. We each have to do what WORKS for us! But having different eating styles in the same household definitely means that meal planning can be a challenge. Between DH's Atkins, my WW, DS's food allergies, and DD's moral standings on certain foods, I can DEFINITELY understand meal planning challenges! If you would like any suggestions, I'd be happy to help!

It also sounds like you have a CRAZY busy schedule! What are you going to school for? You must have a real struggle trying to fit in exercise on top of everything else! Best of luck with that!

Morning all! Lots of crazy thunderstorms here last night! We lost power for about 2 hours or so... just long enough for me to stumble around the house looking for a working flashlight (we own no less than 5 flashlights and had but ONE working D cell battery in the house :sad2:), my mini battery operated fan (hot flashes all night with no a/c = miserable me), the old-fashioned desk phone that doesn't require electricity (keep it on hand for these occasions, but it sits in the closet most of the time) and the phone number for the power company (what ever became of that sticky note I had it on??). After all that I stumbled into bed with my tiny fan pointed directly at me and watched the lightning out the window as I tried to go back to sleep.

Slept well once the power came back on and the a/c was cranking again and awoke 10 minutes before the alarm.

Never got in my walk/run last night.... it stayed too hot (89 degrees here at about 8 pm) and my knee has as been feeling "tweaked" lately. Not sure what I did, but I definitely aggravated it somehow yesterday and it didn't feel good. If I get out today (or on the TM) I will definitely pull out a wrap to keep it stabilized. Is this the start of those "old lady" feelings? Twinging knees, etc? The hot flashes are bad enough! :eek:

Not sure what else I will accomplish today. Laundry is caught up, dinner is in the crockpot. I need to make beds and vaccume before it gets hot again. Then maybe my scrapping table???? THat sounds like a good plan!

Having a "hungry week" so I will need to work hard to not start grazing today. Yesterday I was just constantly hungry, despite having some good meals. Low on fruit, so can't fill up on that. Sounds like a carrot stick kind of day!

TTYL.........................P

Good morning! :goodvibes

I've been reading along but haven't had a chance to post. Where does the time go? :confused3

I commuted yesterday, which always makes for a long day, but I still got out for a 5K run last night. It was so hot during the day - I went at sunset, which was pretty...and then dark. I think I might have inhaled a spider web. :crazy2: But otherwise, it was a good run! I have a half marathon this Saturday morning, and we have a forecast low of 49, high of 69, and not a cloud in sight. That would be SO perfect for a long run...and this one starts and ends at a winery, too. That is definitely not a bad thing.

So sorry about the spider web, Liz. :hug: Like Kim I've swallowed bugs but thankfully no spider webs, yet. I did have a moment with a yellow jacket this summer involving using my headphones ninja style much to the amusement of the person behind me on the trail. :rotfl2:

Good luck and have a great time for your half on Saturday! We will be cheering you on virtually! :yay:

AHHH!! I remember those days! I can't BELIEVE I am old enough for that to now be in my PAST! With DD off to college my schedule has changed SO MUCH! I haven't been out of the house during the evening hours, other than to run my WW meetings, since she left in August! I LOVE being home!!

Pamela, glad that you are enjoying your new schedule with DD off at school. :goodvibes

Thanks for the heads up on the WW meeting this week. :flower3: I need a little motivation this week for sure. ::yes::

And your stove turned out fantastic! :cool2:

ITA! :lmao:

Sounds like a great time on your holiday -- glad you are enjoying it! :thumbsup2

Have a great day all!

Hello all! I haven't been around here for the last week or so. Had a great long weekend with my sister and it was very tasty however not exactly diet friendly. Since then I have been working lots and getting excited about my trip! Really looking forward to my night off tomorrow!! :thumbsup2 Hope everyone is doing great this month and I will try to be more present this next week off.

Have a great night! :cool1:

It also sounds like you have a CRAZY busy schedule! What are you going to school for? You must have a real struggle trying to fit in exercise on top of everything else! Best of luck with that!

I am a history major with a minor in legal studies and I intern for the public defender's office in my county. Likely I will go into paralegal/legal secretary work for criminal law once I graduate next spring. Can't wait! As exciting as the upcoming Disney trip!

Seems like several of you are on WW. DH and SIL have done this in the past and had a lot of success. It is a great plan that really holds you accountable. I use a great website called skinnytaste who makes some fantastic food and always includes the points and the points plus values for each item. We have made a ton of her recipes and enjoyed almost all of them! The diet-friendly cheese fries are particularly good (DH is jealous he can no longer partake:))

Hope everyone had a great day!

So sorry about the spider web, Liz. :hug: Like Kim I've swallowed bugs but thankfully no spider webs, yet. I did have a moment with a yellow jacket this summer involving using my headphones ninja style much to the amusement of the person behind me on the trail. :rotfl2:

Good luck and have a great time for your half on Saturday! We will be cheering you on virtually! :yay:

Thank you! I had my last taper run this morning - 3.25 miles at a pace I haven't seen in a while...definitely faster than race pace, but I'm taking it as a sign I'm ready!

The spider web was a definite unpleasant first. Fortunately, I don't think I got the tenant with the web - inhaling a spider might have ended my running career. :) Today was a morning run, so just a good case of the muggies. And then massive thunderstorms this afternoon, followed by a 25-degree drop in temperature! Aaaahhhhhh.

Happy WI day, everyone - I hope the scales are good to you all!

XO
Liz

Well guys-I blew it!! I'm so mad at myself right now (it's not like I didn't know that I was blowing it but yet I did it anyway):furious:

I gained the pound I lost last week and added an extra one for good measure! I could blame lots of things but the truth is I ate all afternoon yesterday even though I knew I should stop :confused3

Anyway there ya go-I've owned up and now I'm going to do something I don't normally do and that is get right back on track! I would normally throw in the towel but this time I am not giving up because of 1 bad day/weigh-in so I'm getting up and out for a walk and I'm determined today will be better!

Good luck at the scales everyone :goodvibes

Good morning. Glad to see the scale down a pound and a half this morning but I fell asleep on the sofa without eating dinner yesterday so I'm sure that's just setting me up for a gain next week. Will have to work extra hard next week. I am glad to say that I wandered around the grocery store last night in search of a "treat" and everything I picked up, I put back down because I couldn't bring myself to do it! I decided to buy a magazine instead. :)

Well guys-I blew it!! I'm so mad at myself right now (it's not like I didn't know that I was blowing it but yet I did it anyway):furious:

I gained the pound I lost last week and added an extra one for good measure! I could blame lots of things but the truth is I ate all afternoon yesterday even though I knew I should stop :confused3

Anyway there ya go-I've owned up and now I'm going to do something I don't normally do and that is get right back on track! I would normally throw in the towel but this time I am not giving up because of 1 bad day/weigh-in so I'm getting up and out for a walk and I'm determined today will be better!

Hi! I just realised that we picked up another European! So far Helen and I were the only ones from East of the Atlantic! :goodvibes

Getting straight back on instead of using this as an excuse is just the right thing to do!! Also, I would not worry too much about one afternoon. I am sure some of the gain you had today is just stuff that is still being in your digestive system (without getting into to many details here :rolleyes1). So don't be too mad at yourself!

Hopefull you will have a great loss next week! :goodvibes

Good morning. Glad to see the scale down a pound and a half this morning but I fell asleep on the sofa without eating dinner yesterday so I'm sure that's just setting me up for a gain next week. Will have to work extra hard next week. I am glad to say that I wandered around the grocery store last night in search of a "treat" and everything I picked up, I put back down because I couldn't bring myself to do it! I decided to buy a magazine instead. :)

:cool1: Well done on the not buying a treat!! I still remember a few months ago I had a similar experience. I was so proud of myself and it is something that helps me still now. I just remember how I was able to resist getting something sweet and/or fatty and got a pineapple and a magazine instead. And then it is much easier to act responsible again!

---

Am very happy with my weigh in today! Lost over a pound this week which for me is huge! AND most importantly I have a new lowest weight since I started tracking my weight on my Iphone app in the beginning of 2011! Only by 100 grams (about 0.2 pounds) but I take it! If the second half of the month goes as well as the first half I will be very very happy with September!! :goodvibes

I finally tried out a recipe from a cookbook that I got a few months ago which is a low fat vegetarian cookbook. It was a sweet and sour lentil dish. It was really delicious! I will post it to the recipe thread this weekend.

Good morning, all! Down 1.4 this week, which is boosting my confidence - it always seems so much harder to stay the course after the first week! But I have been tracking and counting points like a boss :cool1: and this is the proof it works for me.

Tomorrow morning is my half marathon! It's a local race for me, and the forecast is still great -sunny and low 50sF when we start. I'm feeling good about it and have a plan for the race (I do ecoaching with Jeff Galloway, the runDisney guy - he's great!). Today is about hydrating, and tonight is about sleep.

The only thing I have to look out for after this race is my eating. I tend to eat more than I should after a race. I feel like I deserve it after all those miles, and I do feel hungry, but I don't need as much food to satisfy that as I often eat. So my post-race goal tomorrow is to be smart about what I'm eating to refuel after the race. That said, my family is meeting me at the finish line, and we'll be heading to our favorite restaurant for lunch. Small indulgences!

Happy Friday to all - I hope the scales are kind today!

XO
Liz

Good morning all! :goodvibes

I think this is the week that I volunteered to coach but if I am wrong just let me know.

It's Friday the 13th so I thought I would talk a little bit about superstitions. Anyone remember this Stevie Wonder classic?

Very superstitious, wash your face and hands,
Rid me of the problem, do all that you can,
Keep me in a daydream, keep me goin' strong,
You don't wanna save me, sad is my song

When you believe in things that you don't understand,
Then you suffer,
Superstition ain't the way

We all know about superstitions like throwing salt over your shoulder or knocking on wood and you can have superstitious behavior with just about anything, including weight loss. But the question is do your weight loss superstitions help you or hurt you?

QOTD Friday, September 13, 2013: Do you have weight loss superstitions? Or are you superstitious about anything? Do you think it helps you or hurts you?

BRB with my answer and some replies.

Well I'm neutral but ill take that over a gain. I rocked on the exercise but had a bit more snacks and cheats than usual. I looked back at my week and jotted it all down last night. Yikes lots of cheats. I could have had a great loss but oh well.

My goal this week is to journal what I eat and I may have stopped with cheats sooner if I saw it all on paper!

Well my treadmill is revving and it's time to kick it up a notch!

Keep your focus and don't give up even after a bad day (or 2 or 3!)

Pamela, glad that you are enjoying your new schedule with DD off at school. :goodvibes

Thanks for the heads up on the WW meeting this week. :flower3: I need a little motivation this week for sure. ::yes::

Did you make it to a meeting??

And your stove turned out fantastic! :cool2:

Thanks! So far so good. I've used the cooktop and the oven without any problems and without any damage to the finish!

Have a great day all!

Hope you have a great day as well! How is the leg feeling???

Hello all! I haven't been around here for the last week or so. Had a great long weekend with my sister and it was very tasty however not exactly diet friendly. Since then I have been working lots and getting excited about my trip! Really looking forward to my night off tomorrow!! :thumbsup2 Hope everyone is doing great this month and I will try to be more present this next week off.

Have a great night! :cool1:

Glad you had a nice visit with your sister! I don't have a sister, but I have several WONDERFUL SIL that I wish I could spend more time with!!

I am a history major with a minor in legal studies and I intern for the public defender's office in my county. Likely I will go into paralegal/legal secretary work for criminal law once I graduate next spring. Can't wait! As exciting as the upcoming Disney trip!

What an interesting education and career! I STILL don't know what I want to be when I grow up!:lmao:

Seems like several of you are on WW. DH and SIL have done this in the past and had a lot of success. It is a great plan that really holds you accountable. I use a great website called skinnytaste who makes some fantastic food and always includes the points and the points plus values for each item. We have made a ton of her recipes and enjoyed almost all of them! The diet-friendly cheese fries are particularly good (DH is jealous he can no longer partake:))

Hope everyone had a great day!

I have several skinny taste recipes here as well. Not sure if I get emails from that particular site or not. Feel free to share any recipes that you like!

Thank you! I had my last taper run this morning - 3.25 miles at a pace I haven't seen in a while...definitely faster than race pace, but I'm taking it as a sign I'm ready!

The spider web was a definite unpleasant first. Fortunately, I don't think I got the tenant with the web - inhaling a spider might have ended my running career. :) Today was a morning run, so just a good case of the muggies. And then massive thunderstorms this afternoon, followed by a 25-degree drop in temperature! Aaaahhhhhh.

Happy WI day, everyone - I hope the scales are good to you all!

XO
Liz

You are so ready for this weekend! Best of luck, run fast, and stay safe!

You only blew it if you gave up... and you didn't!! Today WILL be better because you will make it so!! I'm so impressed and proud of you for not giving up... and for telling us about your stumble when you could have just stepped away from here, eaten into your frustration and ignored us. :hug: You CAN do this.... you have it inside to be healthier and stronger and slimmer. You have it inside you to be IN CONTROL of what you eat. Repeat after me...."I CAN DO THIS and I will NEVER, EVER give up on being the BEST ME that I possibly can be!! I AM WORTH IT!!

WOOHOO on choosing a NON-FOOD treat!!

Hi! I just realised that we picked up another European! So far Helen and I were the only ones from East of the Atlantic! :goodvibes

Yup... got three of you "across the pond" as it wss! I know we have had a few others in the past.... maybe they will rejoin us eventually!

Getting straight back on instead of using this as an excuse is just the right thing to do!! Also, I would not worry too much about one afternoon. I am sure some of the gain you had today is just stuff that is still being in your digestive system (without getting into to many details here :rolleyes1). So don't be too mad at yourself!

Hopefull you will have a great loss next week! :goodvibes

Well said!!

:cool1: Well done on the not buying a treat!! I still remember a few months ago I had a similar experience. I was so proud of myself and it is something that helps me still now. I just remember how I was able to resist getting something sweet and/or fatty and got a pineapple and a magazine instead. And then it is much easier to act responsible again!

---

Am very happy with my weigh in today! Lost over a pound this week which for me is huge! AND most importantly I have a new lowest weight since I started tracking my weight on my Iphone app in the beginning of 2011! Only by 100 grams (about 0.2 pounds) but I take it! If the second half of the month goes as well as the first half I will be very very happy with September!! :goodvibes

I finally tried out a recipe from a cookbook that I got a few months ago which is a low fat vegetarian cookbook. It was a sweet and sour lentil dish. It was really delicious! I will post it to the recipe thread this weekend.

SO far I'm super happy with September as well. MAJOR congrats on dropping over a pound and for hitting a new low!! That is just fabulous! Give yourself a big pat on the back! Looking forward to some new recipes!!

Morning all! I had good news on the scale this morning and am DELIGHTED to report I am back to the middle of my WW maintenance range!! Lost 1.2 this week, which is a phenomenal amount for me at this point! I think a lot of that was due to keeping in GOOD CONTROL last weekend. I often have a "splurge" day/meal over the weekend, but I think sometimes they get more out of control than they should. Plus I really limited my meat intake this week. I did have beef on Tuesday and some grilled chicken for lunch once or twice, but other than that I stuck with veggie burgers, beans, and peanut butter for my protein. Also tried to get a handle on my evening popcorn portion! ;)

I am having lunch with a friend at Chipotle today! I am SO EXCITED. I don't have very many girl friends here and I NEVER EVER make plans like this, so I am super excited for our visit... plus I LOVE Chipotle! Looking forward to a salad bowl with fajita veggies, black beans, mild salsa and guacamole! YUMMMM-O!

Got some stuff on sale on a FB online yard sale, so I need to go check if there are any offers plus I want to list a few more things. Time to clean this house out, once and for all... plus I'd love some extra cash for some upcoming events like taking DS to Minecon in Orlando in November and DD's swim trip in December. And work isn't as busy as I thought it would be by now, so the budget is a little "behind schedule."

TTYL..........P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter