WISH Away the Pounds - Spectacular September Challenge...Everyone Welcome

Wow reading all these food items makes me kind of realize I have food issues. Not quite sure what they are but I know I have them. First off I hate to cook - hate hate hate! I think it's not so much the cooking part but the cleaning up literally makes me upset. I spend all day trying to keep up on messes and cleaning up food messes just hacks me off��.

Honestly
Breakfast fruit smoothie w raspberry, almond butter, flax, almond milk, spinach, lemon. Or a metrx protein smoothie
Lunch : oh yeah protein bar
Dinner morning star burger.

Sad.

I need to get more creative. I bought I binder last week to keep a list of dinners etc so I think I'll add some other healthy quick ideas from all your great suggestions.

I hear you on the cooking and cleaning. I hate them both myself.... but have resigned myself to the daily chore, as we like to eat and I like us to eat HEALTHY! That being said, I/we don't eat fancy or gourmet and I dirty as few bowls and pots and pans as possible when I make a meal, so I have a large variety of grill meals as well as one-pot meals and crockpot dishes in my binder! I also give myself the "okay" to buy some more convenient foods even when they are most expensive (like prewashed salad greens and ready-to-cook fresh green beans). And I also try to double up and triple up on some meals and put the extras in the freezer for another day.... that way I do the majority of the mess and clean-up all at once!

If you are content with your current food choices and they are healthy and allowing you to lose the weight you want, I don't see any reason for a big change. But if you are bored or don't like the foods or if they are unhealthy or causing weight gain, then obviously it is time to try some new stuff!!

Pamela how exciting to have become a ww leader! Hopefully you get those behind the scenes kinks ironed out :goodvibes Good to see someone else enjoys my curried carrot soup recipe :thumbsup2

That soup has DEFINITELY become a family favorite!! I am eternally grateful to you for sharing it, as that is the ONLY WAY that my DS will eat a carrot!! He actually requests the soup if I haven't made it in a while. I will be adding it to next week's menu if the weather continues to cool off!

Have to say that there really is an abundance of ideas over on the healthy meal planning thread! Definitely something for everyone there :)

Thanks for saying that! I know that meal plan is a HUGE struggle for so many of us!!

I feel so much more in control this week than I have done all year to be honest-fingers crossed the scales reflect this tomorrow!

Good luck with your weigh-ins everyone!

Gotta love that "in control" feeling!! Isn't is the BEST?? Prayers and PD that the scale reflects all of your good choices!

Morning all! CHange of schedule.... they called and said they did NOT need me today at school! I would have liked the $$, but will enjoy my day off as well. Got my (hopefully) last coat of paint on my range this morning. I will let it sit overnight to get good and dry and cured and we will probably attempt to bring it back into the house tomorrow morning. Meanwhile I need to remove my range hood and get started on degreasing it to paint.

Also did another coat of paint on the bookcase I am fixing up to bring DD at school. She called a while ago and said that her desk isn't large enough to hold all of her books, binders, and her laptop. She has a small upright bookcase next to her bed, but it is already full of her favorite paperbacks and "ocean" related books. So I started searching for one just the right size to fit UNDER her bed (it is a high bed but not a bunk) with shelves high enough for a full binder and found one at the GW for just $2.69 (after my discount)!! I bought it home, sanded it, filled a few scratches and dings and I am painting it white to match the other bookcase she has. Thankfully she wanted white, as that was the color spray paint I already had on hand!! :lmao: I'll bring it to her later this month when I go visit to hear a speaker that is coming to her school.

DH is away tonight and it is yogurt parfait night on our menu, so no big meal to cook tonight.... which also means no DISHES!! Since DH will be away, I'll probably let DS cook himself a pizza instead of having yogurt.

I tried a new smoothie recipe yesterday that I had found on Pinterest. I am not sure if it is going to make it into the "regular" line-up... I need to try it again and make a few changes before I decide. It was a pumpkin banana smoothie and it was quite filling for few points, but so far I'm not in LOVE with it. Maybe a few changes will help. I'll share the original recipe and my changes after I try it again.

Off to do another coat of spray paint!..................P

talking about smoothies. What machines do you use for smoothies?

I would like to add a smoothie to either my breakfast or a quick dinner when DH is out of town but the last one we had (which broke quickly) was so loud that it was reserved for afternoons and I ended up using it for pestos and sauces instead of smoothies.

talking about smoothies. What machines do you use for smoothies?

I would like to add a smoothie to either my breakfast or a quick dinner when DH is out of town but the last one we had (which broke quickly) was so loud that it was reserved for afternoons and I ended up using it for pestos and sauces instead of smoothies.

I don't have anything special. I had a run-of-the-mill Oster blender for many, many years and a few years ago received a Cuisinart blender/food processor combo thing as a gift. It is a nicer blender than the Oster, by far, but nothing specific for smoothies. When I have made a smoothie with spinach, I definitely have a TEXTURED smoothie, but it doesn't bother me too much. Sometimes I use my JUICER and then make a smoothie with the juice and other things like bananas and blueberries (which of course, means I am dirtying two appliances:rolleyes2 ). The Cuisinart does have a better looking blade than the Oster did, so I can understand why it does a somewhat better job.... and it also has an "ice crush" speed that really helps chop up the frozen banana chunks that I use in DS's daily smoothie.

Speaking of smoothies, I just got a GREAT email from a blog I follow (Healthful Pursuit) with some wonderful smoothie recipes. Here is a link!!

http://us4.campaign-archive1.com/?u=d8e8a2f973c12814bc9c2c57c&id=49c3fbdea2&e=5158b85955

Speaking of juice, I think I'll go make some now~! ......................P

Home and back at it! Hubby and I went backpacking for our anniversary. After climbing two mountains and eating a lovely slab of wedding cake (I would talk about how delish it was, but it feels funny since I made our wedding cake... ;) ) and meals out to celebrate, I'm ready again. I've had a few good workouts this week and am filling up the fridge with good meals today. Currently roasting veg and my crockpot has been running with bone broth, mmm. I'll PM my weight tomorrow, hoping to be BACK to what I started at in August, yikes!!

To the blender Q, I use a Magic Bullet. I would love to invest in good quality blender, such as a VitaMix, but I know the size and convenience of the MB are key for me!

I tried a new smoothie recipe yesterday that I had found on Pinterest. I am not sure if it is going to make it into the "regular" line-up... I need to try it again and make a few changes before I decide. It was a pumpkin banana smoothie and it was quite filling for few points, but so far I'm not in LOVE with it. Maybe a few changes will help. I'll share the original recipe and my changes after I try it again.

Off to do another coat of spray paint!..................P

I just got new Family Circle magazine and I think I saw a sweet potato smoothie recipe that looked good. Sweet potato and banana and some other stuff. I'll have to try it and post a review!

We treated ourselves w/ a Vitamix blender last Christmas and we LOOOVE it. We hated the juicer as it was such a pain to clean with all the parts and taking care not to scrape the heck our of your fingertips. It wasn't bad until we learned how totally simple and easy cleaning the blender is! I have several coworkers loving their magic bullet.

Well tonight is eating out night w/ all the kids activities so not sure what the battle plan is. My son is loving this salad place but I drool over their Steakhouse and blue cheese salad which is like the worst thing you can get with that heaven - I mean dressing :rolleyes1 Corner Bakery is their other fav which I can deal better there.

Have a great day!!!

Morning everyone, just a quick reminder that today is Wey Hey Day!!!!

I'll keep an eye out for those PMs later. It's a pound ON for me this week I'm afraid, but it's no surprise as my eating has been a bit erratic this week.

Since this was my first full week back at work, it FLEW by! Yeah, lost a little :cool1: Hopefully it's a tend :rotfl2: Good luck to everyone else!

Hi everyone!

Am quite pleases with my weight, am down 0.7 pounds since Monday (and that means I am back at my start of August weight...). So hopefully that is a good sign for a successful September!

You all talk about smoothies as meals - is that really something you can have and feel like you had a proper meal? I think I would just drink it and then think ok, what's for dinner now?

Morning everyone, just a quick reminder that today is Wey Hey Day!!!!

I'll keep an eye out for those PMs later. It's a pound ON for me this week I'm afraid, but it's no surprise as my eating has been a bit erratic this week.

I'll PM my weight on Tuesday as that's our Biggest Loser weigh-in day here at work. Don't know if I could handle weighing in twice a week, expecially if it's :eek: ! Thanks!

Hi everyone!

Am quite pleases with my weight, am down 0.7 pounds since Monday (and that means I am back at my start of August weight...). So hopefully that is a good sign for a successful September!

You all talk about smoothies as meals - is that really something you can have and feel like you had a proper meal? I think I would just drink it and then think ok, what's for dinner now?

Congrats on the loss! Yes I've always felt full after a smoothie - not as much w pure juice. Juicing gives nutrients but no fiber to fill you up. I did the dr oz 3 day cleanse (google it for recipes). The breakfast and dinner was great but I didn't care much for the lunch. It was hard doing nothing but smoothies because you have that urge to chew :)

I do fine and feel very full and satisfied with having one usually at breakfast. I tried doing a juice fast and could have killed somebody for "food" but I didn't have that on the smoothies. The pulp and fiber are key.

Well, I couldn't be happier with my first week of seriously climbing back on the eating right wagon - down 5.2!!! :cool1:

Of course, I know that pace isn't sustainable, so now the work starts of staying on plan as the pounds get more reluctant to come off. No celebrating this loss with Ben & Jerry's tonight (we'll be walking right by one on our evening errands...). But I'm feeling really proud of my first week back, especially given how insanely busy it's been here! I CAN do this...

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

XO
Liz

lost 1lb tis week-had hoped for more but glad to have started in the right direction :thumbsup2 Think I will pay a little more attention to portion sizes this week as I probably need to work on that a little!

Well done to those who got the results they hoped and worked for and :grouphug: to those who are a little disappointed. Keep strong and next weigh in will be better for you :goodvibes

Thanks again Eliza for keeping track of it all :thumbsup2

I had a successful week, as well. Down 4.4 lbs and I know that will slow down when my body decides to realize what we're doing. Right now, though, it's a good motivator.

Good weights to everyone today!

Wow - I had to get on the scale 3 times this morning to make sure my eyes were seeing right!.

4.0 lbs down :banana:

But again it's my first week back on track and I was super focused on my diet and said 'no' to sooo many temptations - we'll see how long that lasts! And I must admit I rocked on the workouts - again - let's see how long that lasts ;)

Off to the treadmill!!

Good luck everyone and keep focused on your goals!! pixiedust:

So many loses, it's wonderful and inspiring to read! Sadly I'm not one of them this week as I found a pound. But not going to freak out too much because I couldn't work out the day before and didn't eat right because of a dentist appointment. Ah excuses excuses!! I'm full of it, I mean them.

Just sent in my WI - down just a bit over 1 Lb so that is great! Hope everyone has a great weekend, we are off to my parents again to visit my gram in the nursing home ..

Hi everyone!

SUPER!!

I RARELY have a smoothie as a meal.... in fact, I don't drink smoothies very often. But the one that I made the other day was very filling and high volume food with low calories (due to the pumpkin base). The ONLY time I would really consider having just a smoothie for a meal would be at breakfast.... or maybe lunch if I were desperate. Otherwise I would rather EAT and CHEW my fruits and veggies!

Congrats on the loss! Yes I've always felt full after a smoothie - not as much w pure juice. Juicing gives nutrients but no fiber to fill you up. I did the dr oz 3 day cleanse (google it for recipes). The breakfast and dinner was great but I didn't care much for the lunch. It was hard doing nothing but smoothies because you have that urge to chew :)

I do fine and feel very full and satisfied with having one usually at breakfast. I tried doing a juice fast and could have killed somebody for "food" but I didn't have that on the smoothies. The pulp and fiber are key.

I totally agree with you about wanting the fullness of the fiber from fruits and veggies.... and 99% of the time I am all about eating them whole. But occasionally I am feeling the need for a few cleansing type days and I pull out the juicer. Plus it is a great alterative to get EXTRA veggies in, on top of what you've already eaten. Usually if I am juicing I am doing it in addition to my regular meals, not instead of.

I originally bought my juicer when my DH had his jaw wired shut for about 12 weeks after an accident. He couldn't even do smoothies.... they were just too thick to go through the wires. He lived on homemade juices and very thin protein milkshakes for those 12 weeks (which included T.giving and Christmas :( )

Well, I couldn't be happier with my first week of seriously climbing back on the eating right wagon - down 5.2!!! :cool1:

Of course, I know that pace isn't sustainable, so now the work starts of staying on plan as the pounds get more reluctant to come off. No celebrating this loss with Ben & Jerry's tonight (we'll be walking right by one on our evening errands...). But I'm feeling really proud of my first week back, especially given how insanely busy it's been here! I CAN do this...

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

XO
Liz

Are you KIDDING??? That is remarkable! I'm so impressed!! WTG!!

lost 1lb tis week-had hoped for more but glad to have started in the right direction :thumbsup2 Think I will pay a little more attention to portion sizes this week as I probably need to work on that a little!

Well done to those who got the results they hoped and worked for and :grouphug: to those who are a little disappointed. Keep strong and next weigh in will be better for you :goodvibes

Thanks again Eliza for keeping track of it all :thumbsup2

Nice job with the 1 lb!!! Way to get back on track! Now pull out the measure spoons and the food scale and get those portion sizes in line and you will do great next week as well!

I had a successful week, as well. Down 4.4 lbs and I know that will slow down when my body decides to realize what we're doing. Right now, though, it's a good motivator.

Good weights to everyone today!

WOOHOO!!

Wow - I had to get on the scale 3 times this morning to make sure my eyes were seeing right!.

4.0 lbs down :banana:

But again it's my first week back on track and I was super focused on my diet and said 'no' to sooo many temptations - we'll see how long that lasts! And I must admit I rocked on the workouts - again - let's see how long that lasts ;)

Off to the treadmill!!

Good luck everyone and keep focused on your goals!! pixiedust:

And ANOTHER great "LOSER"!! Nice job!!

Just sent in my WI - down just a bit over 1 Lb so that is great! Hope everyone has a great weekend, we are off to my parents again to visit my gram in the nursing home ..

Wonderful!! That is terrific!

A HUGE BRAVO to all our big losers!! :banana: Nice way to start the month!! I am impressed.

And for the rest who might be struggling.... HANG IN THERE!!

I am not going to hang around and chat. Got a pretty decent headache building up for some reason, so I want to lay down for a bit before I go pick up DS at 2:40. I'll try to pop on later...............P

Welcome to the 'Found-a-Pound' Club Zim.......I'm sure we can both manage to get rid of it (and hopefully a bit more) by next week!!!

Thanks to everyone who has PM'd me already, I've updated the spreadsheet and added colours to post #3 for you all....nice selection of colours already!!!

I know some of you PM'd me about coaching during September, but unfortunately I have deleted the messages once I updated the spreadsheet...Doh!!! Could any volunteers please PM me again, and I'll put a post up about coaching on Monday.

Finally...a QOTW (Question of the Weekend!!)..well less a question and more of a recipe sharing request!!!

I have lbs and lbs of extra lean ground beef in my freezer (In the UK extra lean is less than 5% fat), but I am bored with chilli, lasagne or meatballs. Anyone got any low fat, nutricious ideas they'd like to share with me???? (And with everyone else obviously!)

Hamburger soup, cheeseburger soup, stuffed pepper soup, tacos/taco salad/taco soup, stuffed peppers, stuffed zucchini boats, galumpkies (polish stuffed cabbage rolls), African meatloaf, Shepherd's pie, spicy beef and bean pie, sloppy joes, beef and bean burritos... that's all I am coming up with for now. I could offer recipes for most of these if you have an interest...............P

I'm very interested in the soups, particularly cheeseburger soup!!! Beef and bean burritos also sound good, but I can't have the wraps, so have to substitute with a one egg omlette, do you think it would still work???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter