WISH Away The Pounds ~ Achieving in April ~ All are WELCOME!

Quotd April 5 Friday:

What's your favorite spring flower or tree?

Mine is the Tulip tree. They are so beautiful it makes me angry at our way of treating trees in general....

I LOVE LOVE all the spring flowers, it's hard to pick a favorite but if I had to pick, I would say Crocus. Once the crocus' come out in WNY, you know spring is about a month away!

Good morning Wishers!!!:yay: It is a beautiful spring morning here in Missouri.

I am going to weigh in tomorrow and send it in. Hope that is OK.

QOTD Friday? Favorite spring flower? I love all of them of course but my tried and true spring flower is the Dogwood, which is our state tree.

I will have to shoot some pics today and give you a taste of of my landscaping spring blooms.:flower3:

Happy Friday everyone! I'm here in Maine at DS's robotics competition. Three hour ride but it wasn't too bad as I have a fairly interesting audio book I am currently working on.

Bought lunch at a local grocery store....vegetable sushi made with brown rice and fresh fruit. I think I made a good choice as the sushi was delish and tasted really fresh.

I think the team still has about 10 qualifying matches today, so I'm sure to see plenty of the action.

I'll be popping in off and on during the afternoon today when DS's team isn't competing...........P

Quotd April 5 Friday:

Hard to say, as I love spring! Top 3 are tulips, daffodils, and (our NH state flower) lilacs, but I also love the redbud tree and the pussywillow..........P

Thank you everyone for the positive words on how to handle the situation. Your words truly touched me and it is nice to know that I have a place to turn to for support. :thanks:

My favorite flowers for the spring is tulips and daffodils. I love anything that looks springy though. I actually have a vase with daffodils sitting at my desk and they make me smile everyday.

Quotd April 5 Friday:

Mine is the Tulip tree. They are so beautiful it makes me angry at our way of treating trees in general....

Lilacs. The town I grew up in is know for their lilacs - one year my sister was a Lilac Princess. The month of May is dedicated to lilacs there.

:banana: woohoo! Congrats!

My KitchenAide stand mixer.. I use it for not so healthy stuff mostly (bread and cupcakes and frostings ect) BUT it makes my life so much easier!

My toaster oven! I love cooking something quick in there... cheese crisps on low carb tortillas or other quick easy dinners... without having to heat up the whole house (very important when it is 110 degrees!).

DF.. greatest chopper of veggies ever!

I have heard so many people rave on about their toaster ovens. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for a bargain. Also I'm really curious about this microwave veggie steamer someone else mentioned.

Well, I have been on track this WHOLE month :rotfl: Including eating right and exercising about an hour a day! But as I said, I am up a pound... guess I did worse on Easter than I thought... Oh well, at least we have quite a ways to go so I have time to meet my goal! Can't weight :-))) to see everyone's AWESOME results this weekend!!

Yeah I did everything including my new awesome super supplement and pulled a samer this week.

Same thing with us humans....lol feeling a bit sore today.[/COLOR]

Exercise wise, it was not what I planned. I had just bought us new walking shoes and we were shopping for groceries when I kicked the crap out of the cart!!! :scared1: Ended up ripping off my little toenail and my shoe had blood all over it!! Needless to say, my hiking/walking plans are put on hold for a while. So when I got home I instead used my bike!!! Still got in a good workout, I just had to change it around to fit my new needs. And hopefully the weather will be better on my next week off so I will be able to get in some hikes/walks then. Also I am soooooooo excited that I turned pink in the "Active in April" exercise challenge!!! :yay:

So now with my foot propped up on the couch, I will enjoy my drink and watch some "Voice" I recorded earlier in the week and then let my DD cook dinner! :thumbsup2

Have a great night everyone and an amazing day tomorrow!! :goodvibes

Ow Ow Ow! Yu have earned a gold star for the exercise bike activity.

Good morning Wishers!!!:yay: It is a beautiful spring morning here in Missouri.

I am going to weigh in tomorrow and send it in. Hope that is OK.

QOTD Friday? Favorite spring flower? I love all of them of course but my tried and true spring flower is the Dogwood, which is our state tree.

I will have to shoot some pics today and give you a taste of of my landscaping spring blooms.:flower3:
Please do!

Gonna go workout then to work so probably won't get on 'till later tonight. Have a great day and don't forget to send your weights!

I've hit a wall with Zumba. I wanna go, but I don't want to. It's draining now that I haven't been eating as much.

Any tips?

Lilacs. The town I grew up in is know for their lilacs - one year my sister was a Lilac Princess. The month of May is dedicated to lilacs there.

Are you from Rochester by chance? We have a huge lilac festival here every May!

I am on track to meet my goal this month and I really believe that being on this and the exercise thread are keeping me motivated and accountable!! Totally happy!! :cool1:

I have also started using MyFitnessPal on my phone to track my food. Its been working great so far, but it might explode on my free day today!! I have never really tracked a free day so this will be a real eye opener!! :thumbsup2

Have a bunch of errands to run today and lots of shopping to do. My toe doesnt hurt at all today so I might be able to get in a nice walk!! If nothing else, I wonder if I can count shopping at Costco as an activity? :rotfl:

Hope everyone has a great day! :goodvibes

Keep sending in those weigh-ins everybody!

I weighed-in the same this.. l guess it is good that it isn't a gain :thumbsup2

But I have been super hungry, or maybe just snacking because I am sitting at my desk :confused3 I ate a whole container of raspberries :scared1: plus 2 Atkins bars (which I only usually have for a quick snack or meal on the go) :scared1: PLUS I don't think I will have time to get to the gym today :mad: Oh well, I have stuffed mushrooms waiting at home for dinner so I know those will be low calorie :thumbsup2

I know I ask this every challenge, but there are certain utensils in my kitchen I think are absolute genius.

QUOTD Thursday April 4

What are your top 3 favorite kitchen gadgets.

Mine are hands down--my handheld lime squeezer--No.1, my bagel cutter, and I've really started to enjoy my food processor lately.

Have a great day!

Honestly, I don't really have any favorite gadgets. I do love my crockpot, though. It's so nice to not have to stand a cook a meal sometimes. I'm currently looking for new, healthy crockpot recipes. I also agree with others on the knives and probably my mini-chopper.

And Saturday and Sunday are new recipes. I just got Gwyneth Paltrow's new cookbook. I wouldn't have gone out for it myself, but my sister is a fan and offered me her Amazon pre-order after having decided to buy an autographed copy instead. :) I have her first one but have just made a couple of things from it - I have another bad kitchen habit of picking up cookbooks that look good and then never actually working from them! Trying to change that.

So anyhoo. She goes a bit farther down some roads than I care to, but I like a lot of the general ideas she espouses about eating healthy, whole foods, and I like that this new book has no sugar. Sweeteners are natural and spare. There's very little dairy, and *lots* of gluten-free. I'm not GF, but I've thought about trying to reduce my gluten intake to see how I feel when I do that.

Both recipes for this weekend come from the kid-friendly section. Saturday night will be the Italian-Style Fish Fingers, and Sunday night will be the Japanese Chicken Meatballs. Both sound really yummy! We'll do them up with fresh veggies and a pesto dipping sauce for at least the chicken, if not also the fish. Yay, cooking adventures!

XO
Liz

This sounds interesting. I may look and see if the library has this book or any other clean eating cookbooks.

Quotd April 5 Friday:

I love my lilacs. I also love cherry blossoms. They are beautiful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy weekend! I really have no plans this weekend, so I am pretty happy. I already did 1/2 of my grocery shopping for next week. I usually plan meals from Saturday-Friday. I try to grocery shop on Fridays or Saturday mornings. I wanted to go to Sam's Club since I haven't been for awhile. It's about 20 minutes away, so we left right after the kids got out of school. I got most of what I needed (plus more, of course). I enjoy shopping there because whatever I buy makes 2 or more meals. So, I still need to hit another store tomorrow for some small things (I really didn't need 18 rolls for DHs meatball sandwich dinner :lmao:). That's my only real plan.

I have a horrible headache today and can't get rid of it. I think we are supposed to be getting rain tomorrow, so that's probably why. I did manage to take the dog for a 30 minute walk at the park with DH, so that was nice. It's still pretty chilly, but it was sunny :)

I will have to weigh in tomorrow. I have to be honest, I worked out Tues-today, ate pretty good, and I feel so big! I feel so bloated :( I am really not expecting a loss of all, which is pretty sucky. I hope I feel lighter soon!

Have a great night! I'm off to chillax :goodvibes

Jill

So I have been tracking my food on MyFitnessPal and today is my free day....... All I can say is....... Seriously!!!! And since when is a serving of a cinnamon roll only 1/3 of a roll...... Who only eats 1/3 of a cinnamon roll???? I am calling shenanigans!!! :rotfl2:

Morning everyone (sorry if it's still Friday where you are). It's a lovely sunny day here, so I'm jumping in on my first time as coach........(thanks to 50'sJayne for last week)

QOTD Saturday 6th April 2013:

Now that spring is officially upon us, I'm asking 'Do you change your eating habits with the seasons?'

I eat more salads in summer, more stews in winter, and would never eat oatmeal (porridge) or soup in hot weather. I would like to eat more 'seasonal' fruit and veg, but unfortunately farmers markets are few and far between here, and the supermarkets stock pretty much everything all year round. I do try to buy British produce where I can though.

Have a great day everyone, be back to check in on you all later.

So I have been tracking my food on MyFitnessPal and today is my free day....... All I can say is....... Seriously!!!! And since when is a serving of a cinnamon roll only 1/3 of a roll...... Who only eats 1/3 of a cinnamon roll???? I am calling shenanigans!!! :rotfl2:

This had me laughing so hard. Thanks!

Morning everyone (sorry if it's still Friday where you are). It's a lovely sunny day here, so I'm jumping in on my first time as coach........(thanks the 50'sJayne for last week)

Now that spring is officially upon us, I'm asking 'Do you change your eating habits with the seasons?'

Hi and thanks for coaching! I definitely eat differently. I eat a lot "lighter" in the spring & summer. We have more veggies and fruits & less "comfort" like meals. When it's freezing out, I don't like to eat cold meals like salads, either. Like you said, I don't make soups or stews in the summer. I am very much looking toward to trying new recipes on the grill this year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My stinking headache knocked me out last night & I went to bed when the kids did at 9:00. Well, now I'm up bright & early on the only day I can sleep in & I still have the headache :(

I think I'll relax in bed & read for a bit. Then the plan is a yoga dvd, a quick trip to the store for a few things, and then a long walk with the pup. Hope the weather is nice today (supposed to be 57 degrees-whoop!). I better get my kids outside to burn off some energy as well.

Hope you all have a relaxing Saturday!

Jill

Morning everyone (sorry if it's still Friday where you are). It's a lovely sunny day here, so I'm jumping in on my first time as coach........(thanks the 50'sJayne for last week)

I do change my eating! Lots more veggies & fresh fruits. Less casseroles and more BBQ. I don't know if its the season, since we can get veggies and fruits year round, as much as it is the weather. If its hot, you don't want the oven on but the BBQ is great. Also I think people are outside more in their yard and then want to enjoy it later in the day. Picnics at the beach, vacations and shorts are also good motivators to eat a little better! :cool1:
During the holidays you want the family favorite cookies and big dinners, lots of celebrations with food & drinks etc.. :drinking1

Good morning! It is going to be another lovely day here, high of 70!!!! :goodvibes

QOTD? Oh yea, I do change it up a bit with more fruits and veggies. I cannot wait! This time around I am going to really get out there and go to some farmer's markets.

I was on a roll with losing 2lbs and then bam bounced back to maintaining. :confused3

Enjoy your Saturday everyone!:hyper:

Good morning all! So I have bounced back from Easter finally on the scale which I'm happy about :) today I am going to work on a picket fence for our front yard. I have been working on this project since last July/August and would really like to get it done this weekend....I'm pretty close. Of course that just means I can start the back privacy fence project...lol! Actually I will probably try to whip out some garden boxes next. We really enjoy squash so I would like to at least get some squash plants going if nothing else. I ended up cutting down 6 foot pickets for my fence because it was actually more cost effective so I have a lot of short cedar pieces I plan to use for garden boxes and planters. We also eat more fresh foods in the summer....they're easily available and more affordable. It is supposed to be super nice here today so we will spend most of the day outside....hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter