WISH Away The Pounds ~ Achieving in April ~ All are WELCOME!

I think there might be the big group on the Events side of the WISH boards but I suspect it will be summer before we do anything else. I'm in double digits for my cruise and that occupies most of my brain cells these days. :rotfl:

I thought I saw a big group thread (need to go look) but isn't the Princess-pulooza a separate group? Didn't know if we were going to start own own thread for the Birthday girls.

Keep me posted if I end up missing the ramp up over summer.

Have fun on the cruise!! I wanna go!!

Rose&Mike said:
Hang in there. If it keeps up for much longer, maybe a trip to the doctor might be a good idea. Feel better.:goodvibes

I have an appointment next week. It usually doesn't last this long. I've been awaiting the crash and it never really happened. I've been dropping weight like crazy, but I know it isn't healthy.

It's kinda scary. I don't really know what's causing it.

Hey guys. I'm gonna tag along in this thread for the month.

I've been going through a somewhat manic phase for the last two weeks. High energy with low food. I have to force myself to eat, and sometimes it makes me sick.

I'm not gonna set a goal, but I'm gonna participate in the thread, if that makes any sense.

Feel free to just "tag along" this month if that is what works best for you!! I am totally guilty of just coming along for the ride many months! Since I am basically at maintenance (give or take a good week/month), I don't always remember to send in a goal.

Good luck to your DS. :)

Thanks! He is super excited about traveling with his team and being "on his own" in a hotel with the team for a few nights!

I think our high today is 55 (yesterday it was 50). Our normal high for this time of year is 65 and we have usually turned the heat off by now. I am just ridiculously cold and can't get warm. I will not be complaining about the temps this summer--that's what shade is for.:goodvibes

I agree... I will NOT be complaining about the temps this summer.... but I rarely do. Even if I am sweating like a horse, I try hard to remember how miserable it is to be COLD!:cold: We are supposed to be in the mid-50's possibly by Sunday and I can't wait!

Okay, Okay...grey shirt is in the donate pile...along with the black one I have that's the same!!! Funny how I loved it because it hid everything, but now I can see it looked terrible!!!!

Not terrible, but just didn't show off any curves!! Time to start showing what you've been working so hard to achieve!

Weight in tonight, in about an hour or so, been on the scales at home and they're saying that I have stayed the same.........my monthly friend just arrived, so I'm assuming that's the reason as certainly haven't been pigging out on stuff I shouldn't.

I can NEVER predict my weight loss/gain any more, so I've given up. If I have a good week, then WONDERFUL.... bad week on the scale just means keeps on track and hope for the best next week! I think hormones, stress, and water weight just causes so many fluctuations, that sometimes it is hard to know what my true weight is! Don't be discouraged if the scale isn't kind this week. Just STAY ON TRACK and next week will look better!!

Exercise is still at a complete standstill, so I've been looking up times for our local pools, might give some swimming a go on Friday as it's my day off. Need to start some kind of exercises to tighten up the empty bits where my fat used to be. Would love to try 30 day shred, but my lounge is just too small to jump about or swing my arms in. Pilates type exercise might be a possibility though.

Hope you're all having a good day, the sun is out here, so that's always a bonus!!

Pilates doesn't take up much room and (the few times I've done it) seems like a great strengthening exercise!

I have an appointment next week. It usually doesn't last this long. I've been awaiting the crash and it never really happened. I've been dropping weight like crazy, but I know it isn't healthy.

It's kinda scary. I don't really know what's causing it.

Just offering this......:hug:

DS is off to the bus for Maine (80+ minute round trip to drop him off really took a bite out of my day :headache: ). Two beds stripped and sheets in the washer, one bed made neatly. Lunch made and cleaned up and dinner started. DD's bedroom picked up a bit, DS's picked up a bit.

Will hit the TM at the Y tonight for SURE!! DD and I are starting a "walk to WDW" challenge with each other next week (as soon as I buy batteries for the pedometers!). We agreed that "swim miles" would count as well as walking/running miles.

I haven't shared any new recipes here for a while I am realizing! Sorry about that! But here is my "lunch idea" that I mentioned last week that I forgot to share. I'll pretend it is a recipe, but it is more just an idea.

Quick and Easy Vegetarian lunch on the go!

1/2 C cooked/drained black beans

1/2 C diced fire-roasted tomatoes (any type)

2 heaping TB. of salsa (any type)

1 oz. lowfat shredded cheese (cheddar is best, but others work as well)

salt/pepper to taste.

Throw everything together in a glass container with a tight fitting lid. When time for lunch, warm in a microwave for 1-2 minutes. OR warm at home and carry along in a small thermos. Don't forget your spoon!

Optional add-ons: any leftover veggies from the fridge, chopped baby spinach, diced fresh tomato, corn.

I have brought this to work a few times now for lunch and it is warm and yummy and filling... plus lots of healthy fiber and protein. I've also skipped the cheese and it is still great. I've used plain fire-roasted tomatoes, basil and oregano tomatoes, and plain old diced tomatoes.... all yummy.

Off to get something more accomplished before I have to leave the house to pick up DD at school for 3pm.........................P

QUOTD Wed. April 3 :

It's officially spring around here, my question is do any of you plant tomatoes, herbs, real gardens etc.? If not, have you checked to see when your local farmers market and or farms open for business?

We've had really nice garden in the past but don't really have the room for it anymore and husband doesn't like to trouble with tomatoes anymore but I do try to get out to the farms during the season on a regular basis. Having worked in the produce dept for 12 years I know how much better really fresh stuff is....

QUOTD Wed. April 3 :

It's officially spring around here, my question is do any of you plant tomatoes, herbs, real gardens etc.? If not, have you checked to see when your local farmers market and or farms open for business?

In the past, when the kids were younger and we had more time and energy, we had a very large garden.... tomatoes, broccoli, greens, asparagus, peppers, eggplant, potatoes, beans, herbs, blueberries, corn, etc. I canned and froze a lot of our produce. We let it go when it got to be too much work (DH was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease and didn't have the energy and I didn't have the time). We started up again a few years ago with a smaller garden closer to the house, but it wasn't working out well where it was, so we pulled it up last summer, moved the soil and raised beds and MAY start again in the backyard area this summer. That, again, will depend on whether or not we have the time.

We have a small farmer's market here in our town on Friday afternoons. I expect they will start up some time in mid-May. ....................P

QUOTD Wed. April 3 :

We've had really nice garden in the past but don't really have the room for it anymore and husband doesn't like to trouble with tomatoes anymore but I do try to get out to the farms during the season on a regular basis. Having worked in the produce dept for 12 years I know how much better really fresh stuff is....

I wish I could but 1: I kill everything and I mean everything. Except spider plants. They don't seem to fear me as much.:scared1: and 2: we just don't seem to have the right soil down here to grow practically anything.:sad: The heat during the summer just gets so intense and we have no shade in our backyard. So that creates the perfect storm for nothing even having a chance.:worried: I'm all for farmer's markets, but they all seem so far away. And since the DH does most of the shopping, he just wants to pick it all up at once and have it done. I keep trying to convince him to hold off until the weekend so we can go to the various farmer's markets, but the man has NO patience...:faint:

QUOTD Wed. April 3 :

Last year I planted dill, chives, rosemary, parsley, cilantro (in containers) & tomatoes & peppers. Love the cherry tomatoes. I planted the tomatoes on the side of the house and they just got too big and was not enough sun.

I have strawberries in my landscaping already. I need to put in a few more.

My goal is to make "edible landscaping" or a fancier word for that is a "Potager" (PO-TA-SHEE) which is french for "kitchen garden".

Not sure what I am going to do this year. I do want some cherry tomatoes. I also bought some sunflower seeds to plant.

We have flea markets and farmer's markets all over the place. If you are looking to locate one in your area here is a site I use.

http://www.localharvest.org/

Wow I'm late to the party! Man I feel like I fell off the wagon and the wagon backed up over me once then drove on forward over me again leaving me in the dirt!

I was doing so well the last month. Not sure if it was all the exposure to candy and extras this last week but I've just been eating so much junk. I even thought last night I wanted McD's for breakfast. I had plenty of time to talk myself down but I just didn't care. Dropped the kids off and bought myself a steak bagel! :(

My hip is hurting and haven't had much time - or any really - for my workouts. I'm debating whether or not to take some Aleve and work through the pain or let it rest.

I'll try to make some time to read up on the 8 pages here and get my motivation back. Gotta go pick up the kids now.

First of all: weather here in Europe is not good either. We did have snow flurries on Easter Sunday... :faint: Can't wait for my trip at the end of the months to sunny Florida (PlutoBaby, please make sure that the weather stays nice there!!) and the Caribbean Seas!! :beach:

Had a great day eating wise - had some pre-made organic falafel for dinner. They were surprisingly low in calorie (since I ate them oven baked). So that was a quick dinner and very tasty!

HATED my Ripped in 30 workout today. I started week 2 and on some level I enjoy it because it is so challenging, I am also frustrated at how there are certain things which I still am not able to do. Especially the abs exercises. I just don't have the strength in my lower abs to lower my legs to an inch above the ground without bending my lower back the wrong way... These ladies on the DVD make it look so easy and I am stuck with struggling when the legs are at a 45 degree angle... :furious: Made me nearly cry... However, for the first time ever in my life, I understood what an ab hold is and was able to do that!! Its when you sit with your legs stretched out in front of you, put your hands next to your behind and then lift up your body by pulling the bum up with the abs. :woohoo:

Still hated the workout - but then I also know that it is effective. So I just need to do it tomorrow and hope that it will frustrate me less.

QOTD:

I usually have a few things growing on my balcony. It is rather large, so I have two big pots with two tomato plants and a lot of herbs. One year the mint managed to produce seeds and now it grows wild between the stones. Not good on a balcony!!! It is a horrible weed and more or less indestructible! One year I had a zucchini plant - and it was great to have the fruits. But it did take over half of the floor space... Was thinking of getting a bell pepper plant this year.

But here you don't put plants out until after the middle of May - there are a few days which are called the "Ice Saints" as this is traditionally the latest point in the year when we can get frost at night.

I've been going through a somewhat manic phase for the last two weeks. High energy with low food. I have to force myself to eat, and sometimes it makes me sick.

I'm not gonna set a goal, but I'm gonna participate in the thread, if that makes any sense.

Sure. If there's something going on you need to talk about, feel free to pm me.

We joined an agility club so now he is doing flyball & agility!! He is amazing at flyball and total crap at agility! But he has a blast either way, so I am happy.
That sounds like fun for you too. I'm always so amazed at those dogs and it's so good for them to have the opportunity to do such a thing. They really need to be active. I had a border collie/poodle/terrier mix growing up named Bandit. He looked like a small border collie and was very smart. He was lucky to have me as an owner, I'd take him with me on my bike, we'd skateboard together, and of course lots of walks.

Having an extremely lazy day just messing around on the internet, will get to the gym hopefully soon. One of my cats came in and was being very affectionate--it's extremely rare for him---so I settled down with him and took a little nap. I have kind of bad cramps today too so I'm just not going to push it. Still not sure whether I should do more supplemental feeding with the little orange and white because she is so much smaller but she seems very healthy and not meowing a lot like she was. The only problem with trying to feed them is you can aspirate them--the liquid can easily go down the wrong tube and they can die, so I only want to do it if I think she really needs it.
I think I might ride my bike out to the mall today. It's along the bike trail and there's 2 vitamin stores there I'd like to check for that garcinia cambogia stuff. I looked on Amazon and I haven't even shipped yet so if I find a good deal on the stuff I'd like to get it now. Might work out later tonight too, I'd like to anyway.

So, it's official, I stayed the same at class this week.......at least I didn't put on. Only 12 of us turned up tonight as loads of people are away for the school holidays with their families. Good side to this was that we finished early and I'd already walked half of the way home before DH came to pick me up, so I had a brisk 15 minute walk I hadn't planned on.

QOTD - unfortunately our garden is too small to do anything much with (12ft by 18ft) so I confess to not growing anything. We don't really have farmers markets around here either, but I do stop at peoples gates when they have veggies, eggs etc outside for sale during the summer. My treat for fresh lovely veggies is when I get to shop at Whole Foods!!!! (about twice a year!) Otherwise it's veg from the supermarket I'm afraid.

I just had an amazing bike ride! It was really nice and warm, it's beautiful with all the flowering trees and peoples yards with all the tulips and daffodils etc. Went to the mall and got the supplements I was looking for for a great price, plus found a kiosk there with flavored almonds that are locally made and I got a good post easter deal on them because they were all packaged for Easter (the bags look like carrots) Then went to grocery outlet, got a small thing of plain greek yogurt to substitute for sour cream for tacos tonight, and found a bag of chips cooked in olive oil that look really good--the olive coast or something like that.
Plus Misty is accepting my nutty cat Harvey's company so she's less bored just being in there with the kittens. Harvey's the one that always mothers the motherless kittens.

Good job Eliza on maintaining. I love whole foods too-- wish we had one darn it. They tried a few years back but one of our city council members owns his own healthy food store so it was shot down by them.

QUOTD Wed. April 3 :

Every now and then, I try, but I have whatever the opposite of a green thumb is...I just can't seem to keep things going once they're started, if I can start them at all. We're getting ambitious this year and putting a small container garden on our deck with some herbs and small things. And I did get tulips to come up in our front walk last spring! There are hints of the first shoots now, so maybe they'll do me proud and come back this spring! If it ever actually starts acting like spring, that is.

I'm continuing to come down from vacation - in full-on-program mode, and I ran my third-to-last long run before my next half marathon this morning! Ten miles! Crazy. And then DH and I signed up for the Dopey Challenge. I am *officially* out of my mind. Nine months and a whole lot of training to go - the last race of the challenge will be my first (and last) full marathon, and I really want to cross that finish line!

XO
Liz

I am so sorry about your work situation - I find it so frustrating that you put in the effort to work at a place where it matters so much and then it is so difficult for you. I really do hope that the change in management will bring along some positive change overall! I truly admire that you are working in such an important field and can only try to imagine how difficult it is!!

Jill, hope that things will improve at work with a change in management. Hang in there! :flower3:

Good for you for trying to remain positive in a difficult situation. I had a difficult class on Monday (I know from experience) and tried SUPER hard to stay on a positive track all day, ignoring some less-than-desirable behaviors and loudly praising any and all positive behaviors. It seemed to work pretty well with just two kids ending the day on "yellow" and "red" (versus green). And it made ME feel better at the end of the day to be able to leave a good note for the teacher! I think of you OFTEN when I have to deal with difficult classes and I don't know how you do your job EVERY DAY without going a bit nutty. :confused3

Thanks for the kind words. We are having a whole company meeting tomorrow, so I'm hoping to hear some good things.

Morning friends! Things are still nutty around here!

DS and his robotics team are off to Maine today for their next Regionals competition. DH will be heading to Maine today for work until Friday and will be popping in to see the competition when he can. I will be driving back and forth on Friday and Saturday. I was going to go up Friday and stay over, but my Mom wants to come see it on Saturday and I didn't want her to have to make the 3 hour drive.

New roof is going on TODAY!! :cool1:

Good luck to the robotics team! YAY for the new roof! It's those little things that get us so excited lol.

QUOTD Wed. April 3 :

What is this thing you call "spring?" :rotfl2: I do not have room in my yard to do a garden (mainly because DH has to drive and 3 point turn our camper back there). DSs and I started planting in pots 2 summers ago. It works ok and they just asked Monday what we are planting this year. We will definitely do cherry tomatoes, red peppers, and green peppers. I need to find some other vegetables that can be planted in containers. We also have a farmer's market but it runs from the 1st week of July until October. I love going and getting yummy veggies and fruit.

First of all: weather here in Europe is not good either. We did have snow flurries on Easter Sunday... :faint: Can't wait for my trip at the end of the months to sunny Florida (PlutoBaby, please make sure that the weather stays nice there!!) and the Caribbean Seas!! :beach:

Ummmmm...we had snow flurries TODAY!! I'm so sick of it. I told my one classroom that I was going to assign detention to everyone if it snows anymore. They thought that was hilarious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I don't have any more time for replying. I'll check in tomorrow :)

Jill

QUOTD Wed. April 3 :

DF is really into gardening... says his dream is to be a farmer, too bad mine is NOT to be a farmer's wife :rotfl2: We have an average yard, so not as large as DF would like but he does have pots and 5 agrden beds... not sure what he growing out there right now... I know we have a grape vine going, finally about to produce this year it looks like :) Usually also grow tomatoes and onions and beans.

Wow I'm late to the party! Man I feel like I fell off the wagon and the wagon backed up over me once then drove on forward over me again leaving me in the dirt!

I was doing so well the last month. Not sure if it was all the exposure to candy and extras this last week but I've just been eating so much junk. I even thought last night I wanted McD's for breakfast. I had plenty of time to talk myself down but I just didn't care. Dropped the kids off and bought myself a steak bagel! :(

My hip is hurting and haven't had much time - or any really - for my workouts. I'm debating whether or not to take some Aleve and work through the pain or let it rest.

I'll try to make some time to read up on the 8 pages here and get my motivation back. Gotta go pick up the kids now.

Glad to have you! I will add you now :)

Linda, hope it's not too wet this week-end to enjoy some time with Puck! :umbrella:

For all you folks talking about protein powder here is an article that was just published by sparkpeople.com about other ways you can use protein powder.
http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=15_new_ways_to_use_protein_powder

Thanks for the article! I have only tried the coffee mug muffin before, and it really didn't go very well! :confused3 But always willing to try again!

Morning friends! Things are still nutty around here!

DS and his robotics team are off to Maine today for their next Regionals competition. DH will be heading to Maine today for work until Friday and will be popping in to see the competition when he can. I will be driving back and forth on Friday and Saturday. I was going to go up Friday and stay over, but my Mom wants to come see it on Saturday and I didn't want her to have to make the 3 hour drive.

New roof is going on TODAY!! :cool1:

I've been doing great with eating, but fitting in exercise for the past few days has been a real struggle. Hopefully laundry, etc can count for some movement.... wish driving did!::yes::

I'll be in an out again today, but I have a few minutes right now so I will try to catch up here just a bit!................P

Great job for DS!! And OMG on the driving :faint: Although you could combine it with some "crunches" at the stoplights to give you a bit of exercise while on the road.

Also a big congrats on the new roof!!! :cool1:

Thats what I did last month!! People here were very welcoming and I really looked forward to reading the posts and although I didn't record my weight/goal, I was still encouraged to do my best! :grouphug:

Good luck with your phase and I hope it resolves quickly.

Okay, Okay...grey shirt is in the donate pile...along with the black one I have that's the same!!! Funny how I loved it because it hid everything, but now I can see it looked terrible!!!!

Exercise is still at a complete standstill, so I've been looking up times for our local pools, might give some swimming a go on Friday as it's my day off. Need to start some kind of exercises to tighten up the empty bits where my fat used to be. Would love to try 30 day shred, but my lounge is just too small to jump about or swing my arms in. Pilates type exercise might be a possibility though.

Hope you're all having a good day, the sun is out here, so that's always a bonus!!

I have a shirt like that, its a yellow shirt with green leopard spots!:scared1: And I actually wore it out in public!! Mainly for the same reason, I thought it hid everything, but looking back in pics, it was really more like a circus tent!! :rotfl2:

Sometimes its not about what you did, its really what you are going to do. Just get back on that wagon and smack the driver for backing over you, take the wheel and go!! :goodvibes:
As for the hip, maybe take it slow for a bit and work on arms or abs instead of stressing that joint. Doing something is always better than doing nothing, even if you are working a different area for a bit. :thumbsup2

Had a great day eating wise - had some pre-made organic falafel for dinner. They were surprisingly low in calorie (since I ate them oven baked). So that was a quick dinner and very tasty!

HATED my Ripped in 30 workout today. I started week 2 and on some level I enjoy it because it is so challenging, I am also frustrated at how there are certain things which I still am not able to do. Especially the abs exercises. I just don't have the strength in my lower abs to lower my legs to an inch above the ground without bending my lower back the wrong way... These ladies on the DVD make it look so easy and I am stuck with struggling when the legs are at a 45 degree angle... :furious: Made me nearly cry... However, for the first time ever in my life, I understood what an ab hold is and was able to do that!! Its when you sit with your legs stretched out in front of you, put your hands next to your behind and then lift up your body by pulling the bum up with the abs. :woohoo:

Still hated the workout - but then I also know that it is effective. So I just need to do it tomorrow and hope that it will frustrate me less.

Great job on sticking with it!! I used to do Turbo Tone from BeachBody, which always hurt!! lol but I felt great after about an hour (and sometimes a stiff drink) One day I will be doing it again, when I drop a few more lbs! ::yes::

That sounds like fun for you too. I'm always so amazed at those dogs and it's so good for them to have the opportunity to do such a thing. They really need to be active. I had a border collie/poodle/terrier mix growing up named Bandit. He looked like a small border collie and was very smart. He was lucky to have me as an owner, I'd take him with me on my bike, we'd skateboard together, and of course lots of walks.

He is a blast to have as a family member!! He is crazy smart and keeps me on my toes. My DD is the one who runs him in agility because he is so fast and there aint no way I am getting around that course in this condition!! However I love running him in flyball since being quiet and well behaved are not his specialty, nor are they mine! :rotfl2: They are amazing dogs but they do need an outlet, or they will find one of their own, which is not always a good one.

So, it's official, I stayed the same at class this week.......at least I didn't put on. Only 12 of us turned up tonight as loads of people are away for the school holidays with their families. Good side to this was that we finished early and I'd already walked half of the way home before DH came to pick me up, so I had a brisk 15 minute walk I hadn't planned on.

Great job making it to class and maintaining is always better than gaining!! And you got a little unexpected exercise in too!! :cheer2:

I just had an amazing bike ride! It was really nice and warm, it's beautiful with all the flowering trees and peoples yards with all the tulips and daffodils etc. Went to the mall and got the supplements I was looking for for a great price, plus found a kiosk there with flavored almonds that are locally made and I got a good post easter deal on them because they were all packaged for Easter (the bags look like carrots) Then went to grocery outlet, got a small thing of plain greek yogurt to substitute for sour cream for tacos tonight, and found a bag of chips cooked in olive oil that look really good--the olive coast or something like that.

Love getting out this time of year! Its amazing in the PNW in the spring!! Also your goodies sound yummy!! :thumbsup2

QUOTD Wed. April 3 :

Last year we made "earth boxes" out of totes and grew some tomatoes & peppers that turned out pretty good. We also tried to grow some lettuce and herbs that..... didn't. This year we made some room in the yard and are planning on getting some zucchini & pumpkins in as well as more of the tomatoes & peppers. My goal is to make my own salsa & zucchini relish from what I grow. :cool1:

That being said.... I have a farmers market up the road in Buckley (sounds like a farmer town right??) They have some great fruit & veggies. I was also looking into finding one of those organic farms where you can pick up a box a week full of different veggies that I don't choose. It will be a surprise every week and I will get lots of variety without having to have a huge garden. Should be a tasty summer! :woohoo:

===================

Today was great on my diet, however I never did get out for my hike. :sad1: I did manage a workout on my bike so I still have something to post on the exercise thread!! I did not do a great job at flipping my schedule today and was pretty much a couch potato most of the day. But at least I was a couch potato that stuck to my diet and exercise plan!! And I did to give lots of chest scratches and played a fun game of tug which also worked out my arms!! Tomorrow (although this post has taken so long it IS tomorrow, lol) I do plan on getting in a good walk after we check out a new boarding kennel for the older pups when we have to go out of town for competitions. Also need a good one that we can board all the dogs (4) when we go to WDW!! :yay:

And on that note...... I JUST BOOKED MY FLIGHT!!!! :cool1: Got a great deal and saved $200 over ticket prices from last week! Being as neurotic as I am, I get nervous when I have lots of things left undone. Getting the flight taken care of and the reservations extended (since I saved on the flight, we are staying another day) I feel way more relieved. Its also a great motivator to stick with my diet & exercise!! :yay:

Now off to have dinner....... yes at 12:30am!! Grilled ribs (no sauce) and some veggies. Have a great night & morning everyone!! :wave2:

Good morning everyone. It was cold yesterday here in jersey. We are still in Feb weather. It is supposed to warm up by the weekend. I am hoping for nice weather this weekend. I am driving 3 hours to my aunt and uncle's 60th anniversary party. I hope this is better than their 50th. Dh was worried that we would be the only ones besides my parents to attend but I found out all my sisters were going and my brother was the only one from my family not coming.

QUOTD Wed. April 3 :

We used to have a big garden but it was too much of a pain. Last year we planted some tomato plants where we had planted flowers before. This year we are going to do the same but make sure that they are cherry tomatoes. I love the taste of a warm tomato. I also go to a couple of local farmer's markets during the week

Off to breakfast
Have a happy and healthy day.

We used to have a big garden but it was too much of a pain. Last year we planted some tomato plants where we had planted flowers before. This year we are going to do the same but make sure that they are cherry tomatoes. I love the taste of a warm tomato. I also go to a couple of local farmer's markets during the week

Off to breakfast

If you see "Sun Sugar" include them in your cherry tomato mix. They were delicious! They are light orange in color and tiny.

____

Good morning all. :wave2:

I have been busy on my newest places on the internet, which include Pinterest & Tumblr. It is just a great resource for motivation and recipes and more!

As far as MOTIVATION.....

"Life never gets easier, you just get stronger."

I am going to repeat that often today as I get things done.

Happy Thursday everyone.:goodvibes

____

"Life never gets easier, you just get stronger."

I am going to repeat that often today as I get things done.

Happy Thursday everyone.:goodvibes

Love it!:cheer2:

Where's that bus?!? Oh, there it is, riding right over me!!:crazy2: Could I possibly be worse with my diet this week??? Let's review, shall we? Pizza, chicken fried rice, bobka, french fries, oh, and let's not forget the leftover pierogies my MIL so generously gave me for Easter! :faint::scared::eek: She always seems to tend to my Polish background at Easter time and as it's the only time of the year I eat that yummy, calorie and fat laden stuff. I have NO willpower!:sad2: Hmmm, wonder if there's any way to suck out all the extra calories before I weigh in tomorrow.....:confused3 Help me! Plus don't forget I'm headed to the Mouse this weekend! I will not eat the cream cheese pretzels in America, I will not eat the cream cheese pretzels in America, I WILL NOT EAT THE CREAM CHEESE PRETZELS IN AMERICA! Aaaaggghhhh!!!!!:scared1::scared1::scared1:

I was doing so well the last month. Not sure if it was all the exposure to candy and extras this last week but I've just been eating so much junk. I even thought last night I wanted McD's for breakfast. I had plenty of time to talk myself down but I just didn't care. Dropped the kids off and bought myself a steak bagel!

Sorry you are feeling so defeated. Get up out of that dirt, take care of the hip pain, and climb back in the wagon with us! I'm saving you a perfect seat.... right near the window with the sunshine and warm breezes.... and we will even let you control the radio!:rotfl:

First of all: weather here in Europe is not good either. We did have snow flurries on Easter Sunday... :faint: Can't wait for my trip at the end of the months to sunny Florida (PlutoBaby, please make sure that the weather stays nice there!!) and the Caribbean Seas!!

Wish we could all meet you while you are visiting here in the USA! Any chance you'd like to see what New Hampshire is like???

MMM.... I love falafel but the rest of the family does not, so I've never made it.

HATED my Ripped in 30 workout today. I started week 2 and on some level I enjoy it because it is so challenging, I am also frustrated at how there are certain things which I still am not able to do. Especially the abs exercises. I just don't have the strength in my lower abs to lower my legs to an inch above the ground without bending my lower back the wrong way... These ladies on the DVD make it look so easy and I am stuck with struggling when the legs are at a 45 degree angle... :furious: Made me nearly cry... However, for the first time ever in my life, I understood what an ab hold is and was able to do that!! Its when you sit with your legs stretched out in front of you, put your hands next to your behind and then lift up your body by pulling the bum up with the abs.

One day at a time! But if you REALLY hate it, you might end up throwing in the towel. Feel free to take a break and do something else occasionally!

QOTD:

I usually have a few things growing on my balcony. It is rather large, so I have two big pots with two tomato plants and a lot of herbs. One year the mint managed to produce seeds and now it grows wild between the stones. Not good on a balcony!!! It is a horrible weed and more or less indestructible! One year I had a zucchini plant - and it was great to have the fruits. But it did take over half of the floor space... Was thinking of getting a bell pepper plant this year.

But here you don't put plants out until after the middle of May - there are a few days which are called the "Ice Saints" as this is traditionally the latest point in the year when we can get frost at night.

We don't plant here in NH until after Memorial Day (last Monday in May). We never feel confident that we are past the frost danger until then. Mint is a crazy invasive "weed" to me!! We planted it in our garden many years ago and I'm quite sure I could go digging through the snow today and still find it there! But we have let Mother Nature reclaim most of our previous garden area so it isn't bothering me too much now. If we plant invasive things now, we usually take a plastic pot, remove the bottom, sink it into the ground, and plant inside the pot ring. That works pretty good for things with invasive root systems. For things that drop seeds a lot you just have to be sure to dead-head them before the seeds mature.

Every now and then, I try, but I have whatever the opposite of a green thumb is...I just can't seem to keep things going once they're started, if I can start them at all. We're getting ambitious this year and putting a small container garden on our deck with some herbs and small things. And I did get tulips to come up in our front walk last spring! There are hints of the first shoots now, so maybe they'll do me proud and come back this spring! If it ever actually starts acting like spring, that is.

Tulips are my favorite, but unfortunately the bulbs must be super tasty because I lose more and more every year! But thankfully the critters seem to leave my daffodils alone.

I'm continuing to come down from vacation - in full-on-program mode, and I ran my third-to-last long run before my next half marathon this morning! Ten miles! Crazy. And then DH and I signed up for the Dopey Challenge. I am *officially* out of my mind. Nine months and a whole lot of training to go - the last race of the challenge will be my first (and last) full marathon, and I really want to cross that finish line!

XO
Liz

Seriously? The DOPEY???? :worship:

Great job for DS!! And OMG on the driving :faint: Although you could combine it with some "crunches" at the stoplights to give you a bit of exercise while on the road.

I do try to do something, anything while driving. I brought along one of those hand squeezy devices for a while, but discovered it was causing pain along my entire right arm, so I quit that. I try to do Kegel exercises when I think of it (good for my old-lady bladder).... but that is about the extent of my driving exercises!

Also a big congrats on the new roof!!! :cool1:

It's done and looks great and is one more thing off the list for another 20 years!!:banana:

I have a shirt like that, its a yellow shirt with green leopard spots!:scared1: And I actually wore it out in public!! Mainly for the same reason, I thought it hid everything, but looking back in pics, it was really more like a circus tent!!

I think we ALL have/had clothes like that. Who did we think we were kidding????:lmao:

Sometimes its not about what you did, its really what you are going to do. Just get back on that wagon and smack the driver for backing over you, take the wheel and go!!

Great suggestion!!

As for the hip, maybe take it slow for a bit and work on arms or abs instead of stressing that joint. Doing something is always better than doing nothing, even if you are working a different area for a bit.

And yet ANOTHER great suggestion!

Last year we made "earth boxes" out of totes and grew some tomatoes & peppers that turned out pretty good. We also tried to grow some lettuce and herbs that..... didn't. This year we made some room in the yard and are planning on getting some zucchini & pumpkins in as well as more of the tomatoes & peppers. My goal is to make my own salsa & zucchini relish from what I grow.

Sounds like a good plan!

That being said.... I have a farmers market up the road in Buckley (sounds like a farmer town right??) They have some great fruit & veggies. I was also looking into finding one of those organic farms where you can pick up a box a week full of different veggies that I don't choose. It will be a surprise every week and I will get lots of variety without having to have a huge garden. Should be a tasty summer!

===================

Today was great on my diet, however I never did get out for my hike. :sad1: I did manage a workout on my bike so I still have something to post on the exercise thread!! I did not do a great job at flipping my schedule today and was pretty much a couch potato most of the day. But at least I was a couch potato that stuck to my diet and exercise plan!! And I did to give lots of chest scratches and played a fun game of tug which also worked out my arms!! Tomorrow (although this post has taken so long it IS tomorrow, lol) I do plan on getting in a good walk after we check out a new boarding kennel for the older pups when we have to go out of town for competitions. Also need a good one that we can board all the dogs (4) when we go to WDW!! :yay:

And on that note...... I JUST BOOKED MY FLIGHT!!!! :cool1: Got a great deal and saved $200 over ticket prices from last week! Being as neurotic as I am, I get nervous when I have lots of things left undone. Getting the flight taken care of and the reservations extended (since I saved on the flight, we are staying another day) I feel way more relieved. Its also a great motivator to stick with my diet & exercise!!

Now off to have dinner....... yes at 12:30am!! Grilled ribs (no sauce) and some veggies. Have a great night & morning everyone!!

WOOHOO on booking your flight! DD and I REALLY want to take a graduation Mother/Daughter trip to WDW in May, but DH is very resistant to us doing this and I am still working on convincing him....:worried:

Good morning everyone. It was cold yesterday here in jersey. We are still in Feb weather. It is supposed to warm up by the weekend. I am hoping for nice weather this weekend. I am driving 3 hours to my aunt and uncle's 60th anniversary party. I hope this is better than their 50th. Dh was worried that we would be the only ones besides my parents to attend but I found out all my sisters were going and my brother was the only one from my family not coming.

Safe travels and have a wonderful time visiting with your family.

Off to breakfast

Cherry tomatoes are great! Easy to grow, easy to harvest. I've even canned with them before. I made sauce and stewed them. It is a bit more work because there is so much water, but they were delicious!

Have a wonderful day! I think your temps are due to get warmer today and into the weekend.

Where's that bus?!? Oh, there it is, riding right over me!!:crazy2: Could I possibly be worse with my diet this week??? Let's review, shall we? Pizza, chicken fried rice, bobka, french fries, oh, and let's not forget the leftover pierogies my MIL so generously gave me for Easter! She always seems to tend to my Polish background at Easter time and as it's the only time of the year I eat that yummy, calorie and fat laden stuff. I have NO willpower!:sad2: Hmmm, wonder if there's any way to suck out all the extra calories before I weigh in tomorrow.....:confused3 Help me! Plus don't forget I'm headed to the Mouse this weekend! I will not eat the cream cheese pretzels in America, I will not eat the cream cheese pretzels in America, I WILL NOT EAT THE CREAM CHEESE PRETZELS IN AMERICA! Aaaaggghhhh!!!!!

You've had a tough week. And now that you are heading into a vacation it will be even tougher (although I sympathize, as I TOTALLY LOVE pierogies!). Get back on track the best you can, RIGHT NOW. And STAY ON TRACK until your feet are on Disney property. Make the BEST choices you can while in Florida, but ENJOY a few treats as well.

But MOST IMPORTANT?? HAVE A PLAN ready in place for when you return. Your first day at home, BACK ON TRACK with FOOD and EXERCISE!! Leave yourself a meal plan to follow when you get back. Have your exercise schedule written up to see.... post it on the fridge or the bathroom mirror. Have some easy OP meals ready in the fridge/freezer for when you return. Be ready to join us again. We all have times when we "fall out of the wagon". But it is the folks that CLIMB BACK IN and DON'T LOOK BACK that are succcessful in the long run!!

Morning all! Strangely quiet morning here today. Just DD and myself. DH is in Maine for work and will be traveling over to see DS's robotics competition. Heard from DS this morning after breakfast. Today is "practice day" so I won't be traveling up to see it. But I will be leaving bright and early tomorrow morning. Hopefully DD doesn't mind getting to school a bit early. I'd like to be at the Arena in Maine by 10 am.

LOTS of housework to finish up here today. Most of the bedding that I stripped yesterday got washed and put back on, but I saved a few things to hang on the line today!! :laundy: Weather isn't ideal for it (cold) but it is sunny at least!

Breakfast was a yummy tofu/egg white/salsa scramble with a 1 Point cheese stick on the side! Lunch is going to be a Morning Star Farm veggie patty on a low carb roll, steamed broccoli, and a grapefruit. I am out of salad greens and DD is skipping swim tonight to study for three exams tomorrow, so I may end up dashing out this afternoon to grab some veggies at our nearest Mom & Pop market (40 minutes round trip). Then tonight will probably be pierogies (frozen.... not those yummy sounding homemade ones that Flossbolna was talking about), for DD and a big salad for myself with some leftover from last night (creamy southwest chicken and black beans). That will get the fridge cleaned out. I need to figure out what my Mom and DD will be eating on Friday night and Saturday morning, plus I may pack lunches for us to have in the car for our day in Maine on Saturday.... or we may just grab Subway along the way.

Off to check up on my FB friends and family. Just a quick reminder to them (and to you all) to vote for my DD in that scholarship that I PM'd most of you about! Just a few more days, I promise! Voting ends 4/15 and you can vote every day!

BBL to chat.......................P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter