WISH Away The Pounds ~ Achieving in April ~ All are WELCOME!

araes2102

DIS Veteran
We are Achieving in April!

Welcome to WISH Away the Pounds--Achieving in April 2013 edition!

Please read the complete instructions in post 2, and then let me know if you have any questions.
The philosophy behind our new challenge: small achievable goals. One month at a time, one week at a time, one day at a time, one bite at a time.
Results will be posted as a % lost (pounds) towards monthly goal.

Thanks to Rose&Mike for creating our new challenge format which has been a great success! :thanks:

Weigh in Days--Weight Loss
PM Weight to araes2102
April 1 (starting weight AND pounds lost goal for month; ex 145, goal 5 pounds)
April 5
April 12
April 19
April 26
April 30 (last chance)

Weight Loss Goals:
10%, orange
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
90% red--FINISH STRONG!
100%WISH green

Weigh in Days--Maintainers:
April 1 (pm starting weight, maintain range, and goal for the month; 145, range 141-149, goal 4 weeks)
April 5
April 12
April 19
April 26
April 30 (last chance)

Maintainer Goals
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
100%WISH green

Welcome to Achieving in April WISH Away the Pounds-- April 2013 Edition
Losers and Maintainers welcome!

Quick overview:
Weigh in days
April 1 (starting weight AND pounds lost goal for month; ex 145, goal 5 pounds)
April 5
April 12
April 19
April 26
April 30 (last chance)

PM weights to araes2102

Coaches for April
April 1-5 50sjayne (Susan)
April 6-12 Eliza32 (Helen)
April 13-19 lisah0711 (Lisa)
April 20-26 OPEN
April 27-30 OPEN

Future Hosts:
May donac (Dona)
June Flossbolna (Magdalene)
July SPACE FOR RENT :wave2:
August araes2102 (Amanda)

How the challenge works:
This is the new and improved challenge that replaces the BL challenges. Like the show has evolved, so have our challenges and this format takes the best of that long standing tradition and makes it even better! ::yes::

The goal of the new challenge is to meet your weight loss/maintain goals on a monthly basis. Results will be posted as percentages toward goal and your color will change as you approach your goal, similar to the exercise thread on the WISH boards. It is the hope that this new format will encourage some great discussions about weight loss, maintaining, diet, exercise and healthy living!

It is up to the hostess each month as to whether she wants to have coaches/Question of the day, mini-challenges, etc. It is her month, so she can choose to handle it how she wants.

Heres how the new challenge will work. It is going to be a monthly individual challenge. Each month is a new start. You are competing against yourself to meet your goals for the month. No one will know your actual weight (unless you share it) except the hostess for the month. NO GOAL IS TOO SMALL.

Let me repeat: NO GOAL IS TOO SMALL. A loss is a loss is a loss. Your color will change based on your % lost toward goal.

On April 1st you will pm araes2102 (hostess for April) your starting weight AND your goal for the month. On Friday April 5, April 12, April 19, April 26 and Tuesday, April 30 you can pm araes2102 an updated weight. On Monday nights the thread will be updated with percentage toward goal.

Here is an example of what the stats will look like.

Updated April 5, 2013
Minnie Mouse 25.00 %
Daisy Duck 12.00 %
Goofy 0.00 %
Donald Duck 33.33 %
Mickey Mouse 40.00 %

Weight Loss Goals:
10%, orange
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
90% red--ALMOST THERE!
100%WISH green

In this case Goofy, put on a few pounds, but that will be reported as 0%. We are not going to call people out, but just report positive moves towards your goal!

Minnie Mouse had a starting weight of 110 with a goal of 4 pounds. At her weigh in she reported a weight of 109 with a percentage loss of 25%.

Your color will change based on your % loss. If you gain, your percentage will decrease, and your color will change, but no one will know your weight except the hostess. Only your % loss toward goal will be reported. Negative percentages will not be reported

Participants (other than the hostess) will not know your pound lost goal or actual weight unless you choose to share it with them.

Maintainers will set a goal for the month of number of weeks they would like to stay in maintain range (+/- 4 pounds).
They will weigh in on the first day of the month and then on each of the weekends. Their results will be reported as percentages along with their goal.

For example:
Pluto 1/4 25%.

Pluto has a goal of maintaining all four weeks. He put on 1 pound at the first weigh in, but is in his maintain range.

Maintainer Goals
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
100%WISH green

It really is pretty simple. Remember, no one will see your weight or pound loss goal except the hostess unless you choose to share it.

Percentage loss will be updated once a week. If you miss sending in your weight over the weekend, no big deal, just send an update the following weekend. Please understand that this is a volunteer job and the hostess will only be updating once a week.

Hopefully I have answered all of your questions.

Good luck! I look forward to seeing everyone meet their healthy living goals!

FINAL RESULTS

50sjayne 20%
aamomma 30%
Animal Drummer
araes2102 50%
BernardandMissBianca 85%
bigsis1970 0%
bleubell
DisFam95 56%
Dis*Mom 100%
dizzyr 68%
donac
Eliza32 129%
Flossbolna 40%
goofyfigment
iheartjuppy 88%
jillbur 85%
Lindaland 0%
lmhall2000 46%
Mary*Poppins
Melissahac99 168%
momofdjc
myweegirls 119%
njcarita 133%
penguin1102 56%
pix13dust 0%
PlutoBaby 40%
Rose&Mike 20%
Schmoopsie Poo!
SRiley1985
The Mystery Machine 0%
WDWorBUST 34%

And let the chatting commence! My goal for this month is 8 lbs!

If I missed any future hosts/coaches.. please let me know!! And a big :thanks: to all of our previous hosts and coaches!

araes2102...can't PM, but my starting weight is 209 (don't mind sharing with you guys!), and I am aiming to lose 7 this month......that's half a stone to us Brits!!! A nice manageable chunk I hope!

I'd like to coach 6-12April if that's OK.....I take it I am required to set QOTD each day?? Have already had a couple of ideas.

Please let me know if this is OK

Helen

Great! The new thread is up!! I hope April will be a great month as March was not good with regard to my weight. I lost less than one pound (on my old scale it would even have been a 0.5 pound gain, but I don't trust that old scale anymore...

I will PM my start weight tomorrow and determine my goal depending on that. I will be leaving for my big vacation in April and I would love to get down to a BMI below 25 before that! I don't think that I will be able to achieve that looking at how at the moment my weight is not moving at all. But I will still set me that number as the goal.

Amanda, I already signed up to host the June challenge, so you can put my name there!! :goodvibes Knowing that I already committed to that will hopefully make it easier to get back into losing weight when I come back from my vacation in May!

araes2102...can't PM, but my starting weight is 209 (don't mind sharing with you guys!), and I am aiming to lose 7 this month......that's half a stone to us Brits!!! A nice manageable chunk I hope!

I'd like to coach 6-12April if that's OK.....I take it I am required to set QOTD each day?? Have already had a couple of ideas.

Please let me know if this is OK

Helen

Great to have you in! I will add you to the list of participants!

And as coach you can run the week however you like, thanks for volunteering! I am looking forward to your ideas :)

I am in for April. March was a wash since I was working on the local high school's costumes. We didn't finish that up until the 17th and then there were other problems so I am hoping to get back on track tomorrow and for the rest of the month.

Thanks for hosting April, Amanda! I can't believe how much better I am at eating healthy and exercising since I joined this group back in January. I have lost 16 pounds since Jan 1, 2013. I was shooting for 4 pounds a month, so I am absolutely thrilled. I really appreciate everyone's support and I love reading along everyday.

What I have gained from this board is inner strength to do what's right for me and not worry about what anyone else thinks :) I eat VERY healthy now ( not all coworkers or family members are on board ) it is a radical change from how I ate 6 months ago, people like to make snide comments about my meals but its so easy to stand strong and firm in my beliefs!

Stay healthy!
Melinda

Would love to join tlhis challenge - I did the exercise challenge last month and it was very inspiring. I really need to work on weight loss as well. We have a family Disney trip planned for the first week in June, and I would really love to feel good about being in the family photos this trip.

I'm in for April. I need motivation and inspiration to rekick my weight loss into gear. I joined the exercise challenge as well.

donac said:
I am in for April. March was a wash since I was working on the local high school's costumes. We didn't finish that up until the 17th and then there were other problems so I am hoping to get back on track tomorrow and for the rest of the month.

Glad to have you back! You have been missed :hug:

pix13dust said:
Thanks for hosting April, Amanda! I can't believe how much better I am at eating healthy and exercising since I joined this group back in January. I have lost 16 pounds since Jan 1, 2013. I was shooting for 4 pounds a month, so I am absolutely thrilled. I really appreciate everyone's support and I love reading along everyday.

What I have gained from this board is inner strength to do what's right for me and not worry about what anyone else thinks :) I eat VERY healthy now ( not all coworkers or family members are on board ) it is a radical change from how I ate 6 months ago, people like to make snide comments about my meals but its so easy to stand strong and firm in my beliefs!

Stay healthy!
Melinda

Wow, so glad to hear that! And I definitely concur!

Dis*Mom said:
Would love to join tlhis challenge - I did the exercise challenge last month and it was very inspiring. I really need to work on weight loss as well. We have a family Disney trip planned for the first week in June, and I would really love to feel good about being in the family photos this trip.

That was the reason I first joined too! :) :welcome:

Melissahac99 said:
I'm in for April. I need motivation and inspiration to rekick my weight loss into gear. I joined the exercise challenge as well.

:welcome: This is a great place to be and helps with motivation for sure! So glad to see new peeps (pun intended :)) joining!

I'm in for April & hope it's a better month than March! I'm hoping to track my food better and NOT stress eat! I'm also going to check in much more often to keep me focused & on plan! Can't wait to get this party started!!

Jill

I am in for April. I am hoping that it is a better month than March. The last few weeks I did tons of stress eating. I lost a family member, then there was some stress at work so I am hoping to have this be a new and shiny month.

I'm in for April! As a maintainer, but I have a sinking feeling my starting weight will be over the range...time to get down to business!

XO
Liz

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm also in for April!! I missed the March challenge but loved reading along with you all and was really encouraged to stay on track. :banana:
I have also joined the exercise challenge so I will have to be accountable on 2 fronts, which is great!!! These threads have been a real inspiration for me and I am looking forward to achieving my goals for the month.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter