Wine package with back to back cruises on the same ship

RobInMD

Earning My Ears
Are you allowed to buy one wine package for both cruises or do you have to buy one for each cruise given you're cruising in the same ship for both cruises?

Our last B2B was Jan 2020 on the Dream. We had to purchase two separate wine packages because they are two separate cruises (that's why you have to disembark from first, go thru customs/security, process the paperwork, get a new KTTW card and embark again). When you go to order the packages (pre-order) it will only show 3 bottles for a three night cruise or four bottles for the four night cruise. Seven bottles would not show up and when I call about it, the CM explained the separation of the cruises.

You would buy one for each cruise, since they close the books at the end of the first cruise and you must settle your account for that portion of your vacation. However, you can ask for any unused bottles from the package on the last night of the cruise to take back to your stateroom, so nothing goes to waste. I don’t know what would happen if you did that and then brought any such back one at a time during the second cruise. Normally, there is a per bottle corkage fee for passenger-supplied bottles of wine.

Are you allowed to buy one wine package for both cruises or do you have to buy one for each cruise given you're cruising in the same ship for both cruises?
If you have unused wine from the first cruise, you can take the unused wine back to your stateroom or off the ship when you disembark. I would hope that they would just let you let you order the unused wine for the second cruise, but I would suggest that you ask your server when you order.

You would buy one for each cruise, since they close the books at the end of the first cruise and you must settle your account for that portion of your vacation. However, you can ask for any unused bottles from the package on the last night of the cruise to take back to your stateroom, so nothing goes to waste. I don’t know what would happen if you did that and then brought any such back one at a time during the second cruise. Normally, there is a per bottle corkage fee for passenger-supplied bottles of wine.
I have been told the corkage fee does not apply to any bottles of wine purchased (or given to you) on board

I have been told the corkage fee does not apply to any bottles of wine purchased (or given to you) on board
Yes, that’s been my experience in bringing the bottle of prosecco that we sometimes take as the platinum stateroom gift.

Our last B2B was Jan 2020 on the Dream. We had to purchase two separate wine packages because they are two separate cruises (that's why you have to disembark from first, go thru customs/security, process the paperwork, get a new KTTW card and embark again). When you go to order the packages (pre-order) it will only show 3 bottles for a three night cruise or four bottles for the four night cruise. Seven bottles would not show up and when I call about it, the CM explained the separation of the cruises.
Unless something has changed, you don't have to buy the same number of bottles as nights of your cruise. You can purchase a 7 bottle wine package on a 3 night cruise. If they aren't showing this option to pre-order, just wait until you get on the cruise. You can order the larger packages from your server.

As mentioned above, because each cruise has their own set of numbers for accounting, you can't purchase the 7 night package at the beginning of the first cruise and choose bottles from that package during your second cruise. But you can pick out the remaining bottles that you want on the last night of your first cruise and take them back to your room, then bring the bottles with you to dinner on your second cruise. If you have the same serving team, they'll know you had the package. If you don't have the same serving team, just tell them those are the leftover bottles from your wine package. You won't be charged the corkage fee.

I guess things have changed because we did a B2B in 2018 and we purchased a package on our first cruise and used the remaining bottles on the second one

I guess things have changed because we did a B2B in 2018 and we purchased a package on our first cruise and used the remaining bottles on the second one
So you left them at dining rooms and never brought them back to your room?

Correct, we had the same servers for both cruises and they were aware we had the package, no problems. If they had to do something for us to use on both cruises we were unaware because it was seamless
So senior moment, sorry. I believe we did select the remaining bottles for our second cruise at the end of the first, but we always drink the same thing so that slipped my mind

Last edited:
Correct, we had the same servers for both cruises and they were aware we had the package, no problems. If they had to do something for us to use on both cruises we were unaware because it was seamless
So senior moment, sorry. I believe we did select the remaining bottles for our second cruise at the end of the first, but we always drink the same thing so that slipped my mind

I imagine it would depend on the servers, but since you're paying for the package up front, they're just keeping track of the bottles consumed, not waiting to recognize revenue, so that should work. We've also had bottles given to us for various occasions and they take you at your word that you got it on board. Now if you were to walk in with a bottle of Boone's Farm.... :-D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter