Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

Question for the perfects and the Clubbers who have already registered....were there any pre-order items for sale?
Not a thing. I had hoped to see something pop up on the "review your registration" page. Nada.

Pin-collecting DW will be disappointed.

Maybe there will be merchandise at packet pick-up/the expo.

I plan to do the Challenge but am considering adding the 5k for the first time. What is the best strategy for registering one person (myself) for these two races? Can I register for them both at once or is that too risky?

Also does anyone else prefer SHORT sleeve race shirts? I wish short sleeves was an option for Wine & Dine. I have long arms and the long sleeve shirts never fit right.

I plan to do the Challenge but am considering adding the 5k for the first time. What is the best strategy for registering one person (myself) for these two races? Can I register for them both at once or is that too risky?

Also does anyone else prefer SHORT sleeve race shirts? I wish short sleeves was an option for Wine & Dine. I have long arms and the long sleeve shirts never fit right.

You can register for both at once. It's like an online shopping cart - choose the 5K, fill out all the info, then at the bottom choose to register for another race rather than checking out. Then you pick the challenge, fill out the info for that (they are slightly different), and finally check out. The risk you run is that one (or both) sell out before you complete checking out, as they don't hold the races while they're in your cart. But unless you have someone else online to help register you at the same time, this is your best option. I don't believe W&D usually sells out THAT fast. There are also tips to help the process go faster (ie skip entering your proof of time if you have one and don't do the pre-order merch yet -- you can go back and add those later, be logged in to your rD account, have your payment info ready to copy and paste, etc). There's a sticky thread on this board with that info.

I agree on the shirts. I run hot so long sleeves don't get worn much. But they are pretty easy to alter if you have a sewing machine (or cheap to take to a tailor).

You can register for both at once. It's like an online shopping cart - choose the 5K, fill out all the info, then at the bottom choose to register for another race rather than checking out. Then you pick the challenge, fill out the info for that (they are slightly different), and finally check out. The risk you run is that one (or both) sell out before you complete checking out, as they don't hold the races while they're in your cart. But unless you have someone else online to help register you at the same time, this is your best option. I don't believe W&D usually sells out THAT fast. There are also tips to help the process go faster (ie skip entering your proof of time if you have one and don't do the pre-order merch yet -- you can go back and add those later, be logged in to your rD account, have your payment info ready to copy and paste, etc). There's a sticky thread on this board with that info.

I agree on the shirts. I run hot so long sleeves don't get worn much. But they are pretty easy to alter if you have a sewing machine (or cheap to take to a tailor).
I am the opposite. I love the long sleeves shirts that we got last year W/D. I got enough short sleeve shirts from races. Would prefer the long sleeves shirts again

I'm late to the party but signed up the other day when I got my perfect email. I mean, why not just keep going. I guess I'm in for 10 years of the challenge now! LOL! Kicking myself for not booking a room earlier too, but such is life. Live and learn. Excited to get back to my regular training. I needed something to kick me in the pants and motivate me!

Its all speculation, but which race are we thinking will fill up first?

The 10k typically goes first due to the smaller race capacity combined with the fact that a large proportion of its bibs are tied into the challenge. The 5k is usually next due to the smaller race capacity. The challenge and half usually take longer and from what I've seen it's a tossup as to which order they fill up.

Thank you to everyone who answered my previous questions, particularly about the after-party. After talking with my non-running travel partner, I have a couple more:

1. How do you get the after-party tickets? Are they paper tickets that you pick up at the Expo or are they transmitted electronically?

2. Does the after-party ever sell-out? I've heard that sometimes runners are willing to give away or sell their tickets for a discounted rate which would be great for my friend who is on a budget. But I'm a little nervous about waiting too long and having her get shut out all together. What is everyone's experience with this?

It's about to get real, folks!

Thank you to everyone who answered my previous questions, particularly about the after-party. After talking with my non-running travel partner, I have a couple more:

1. How do you get the after-party tickets? Are they paper tickets that you pick up at the Expo or are they transmitted electronically?

2. Does the after-party ever sell-out? I've heard that sometimes runners are willing to give away or sell their tickets for a discounted rate which would be great for my friend who is on a budget. But I'm a little nervous about waiting too long and having her get shut out all together. What is everyone's experience with this?

It's about to get real, folks!

1. They're usually mailed to your home address as physical cards.
2. I've never seen it sell out.

The 10k typically goes first due to the smaller race capacity combined with the fact that a large proportion of its bibs are tied into the challenge. The 5k is usually next due to the smaller race capacity. The challenge and half usually take longer and from what I've seen it's a tossup as to which order they fill up.

My only doubt with this year is that I don't see anyone jumping up and down, excited about the Raya theme. I don't know how much theme impacts registration, but I think we're about to find out. If something else (probably the 5K) sells out first, we'll potentially have an answer.

My plan is 10K first (done it every year since inaugural) than the 5k and if the 5k sells out probably sign up for the virtual and run it on the wish in January to “earn” the coco medal

My only doubt with this year is that I don't see anyone jumping up and down, excited about the Raya theme. I don't know how much theme impacts registration, but I think we're about to find out. If something else (probably the 5K) sells out first, we'll potentially have an answer.

I don't think the theme really moves the needle that much except possibly for locals. The reason the 10K sells out first is because of the amount of spots reserved for the challenge that aren't sold as stand alone races.

My sister has something scheduled at registration time today and wants me to try to register for the challenge for her. If I do it from my account, is there a way to get it in her account later?

Good luck everyone with your registration today! I'm only planning on registering for the Soul HM. I'm not interested in the theme for the 10K, nor the extra medal/T-shirt for the challenge. I'd rather use the difference in the challenge registration fee towards my lodging and epicurean delights during the EPCOT Afterparty!

I'm planning to run a timed 10K this spring to get a better corral placement. It'll be my first race where I actually care about the time I finish, versus my usual goal: Just finish whenever, as long as I finish. :D

My sister has something scheduled at registration time today and wants me to try to register for the challenge for her. If I do it from my account, is there a way to get it in her account later?

Yes. From what I’ve read it seems hit or miss. But if you register and something disappears the person is still registered. You can handle those things at runners relations at the expo. Alternatively you sign her up using her account login.

F71B2141-C148-4086-9DDF-B7606FD5EB41.png

B0E06304-B322-440D-810E-0D7DE7ADEFA9.png

Good luck everyone with your registration today! I'm only planning on registering for the Soul HM. I'm not interested in the theme for the 10K, nor the extra medal/T-shirt for the challenge. I'd rather use the difference in the challenge registration fee towards my lodging and epicurean delights during the EPCOT Afterparty!

I'm planning to run a timed 10K this spring to get a better corral placement. It'll be my first race where I actually care about the time I finish, versus my usual goal: Just finish whenever, as long as I finish. :D

Epicurean delights!!! That's $$$ well spent. 🥂🥐🌮🍰🍩🍿

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter