Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

Does anyone have a one of the recent W&D weekend guides? Trying to figure hotel stays and not seeing much in terms of parking options. Trying to figure out if we can drive (and where to park) if staying off site, but not seeing much out there

Does anyone have a one of the recent W&D weekend guides? Trying to figure hotel stays and not seeing much in terms of parking options. Trying to figure out if we can drive (and where to park) if staying off site, but not seeing much out there

Here's a link to an archived version at Wayback. The road closure map is a little wonky (it's a Google map that wasn't archived), but if you click on the specific race and road link, it will give you the details of what was closed and when. Basically, all parking is at Epcot.

https://web.archive.org/web/20211117184638/https://guide.rundisney.events/

In past years for 10k & half park at Epcot bus to TTC if not bussing directly from resorts there may have been ride share drop off at TTC though… 5k started and finished and parked at Epcot…..

Hey y'all! I had such a great time at my first rD race (Princess Challenge) that I'm going to register for the Soul Half-Marathon. Not quite sure what my costume will be yet! I'm running a 10K later in April to see if I can get a decent time to post for an earlier corral in case the race is delayed like the Princess Half.

Looking forward to the after-party, but I'm going to rethink how I'm going to wear the medal. Those are waaaay too heavy to wear on my neck for several hours. I don't understand why they make them so heavy- there are lighter (still metallic) ways to produce these kinds of souvenirs. Maybe I can figure out a way to incorporate it into a hat. Hats are fashionable for strolling! Hmmmm.... things to ponder while waiting for March 22.

Hope there's a meet-up! I really enjoyed meeting the runDISers during Princess weekend! :cutie:

I can't be the only one that is SUPER excited (and also nervous) that we're about a week out for registration. And only a day if you're in the club. Other than room reservations, I've been resisting booking anything else (flights, park tix) until we know for sure we're in. I'd like to think getting on right at opening time will be a sure thing, but sometimes it isn't......so I'm trying to be excited but also set some expectation for disappointment.
Anyone have any unusual costume ideas to share? I have mine planned already but neither of my teens haven't decided who they want to dress as yet.🤞🤞🤞:ccat::stitch::stitch:🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️🏅🏅🏅🍾🍧🍧

Last edited:
I can't be the only one that is SUPER excited (and also nervous) that we're about a week out for registration.

Until around noon today, I was 100% convinced that general registration was tomorrow. I'm not sure how I missed the week, but it seems to have happened in several instances recently. My first clue that I had the wrong date was the lack of chatter on this thread with plans and strategies for registration.

Until around noon today, I was 100% convinced that general registration was tomorrow. I'm not sure how I missed the week, but it seems to have happened in several instances recently. My first clue that I had the wrong date was the lack of chatter on this thread with plans and strategies for registration.
At least you were a week EARLY instead of realizing it a week LATE! I have a phone reminder and calendar and I'm about to stick up an obnoxious amount of Post-its to make sure I'm at my computer when I'm supposed to be!!

At least you were a week EARLY instead of realizing it a week LATE! I have a phone reminder and calendar and I'm about to stick up an obnoxious amount of Post-its to make sure I'm at my computer when I'm supposed to be!!

Very true! Although I'm kind of glad that it's next week because I already missed this morning due to a physical therapy appointment. Add in trying to multi-task tomorrow morning and I would really be behind. And it gives me one more week to get my discount gift cards lined up.

I can't be the only one that is SUPER excited (and also nervous) that we're about a week out for registration. And only a day if you're in the club. Other than room reservations, I've been resisting booking anything else (flights, park tix) until we know for sure we're in. I'd like to think getting on right at opening time will be a sure thing, but sometimes it isn't......so I'm trying to be excited but also set some expectation for disappointment.
Anyone have any unusual costume ideas to share? I have mine planned already but neither of my teens haven't decided who they want to dress as yet.🤞🤞🤞:ccat::stitch::stitch:🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️🏅🏅🏅🍾🍧🍧
I’m choosing not to be nervous about registration. I have time blocked on my work calendar, and most of the time, nobody bothers me anyway. I am, however, definitely excited! I haven’t made many decisions about outfits yet, but I did buy a super cute rainbow ruffle skirt from Sparkle Athletic at the Princess Weekend expo that I think would work great as part of a Day of the Dead-inspired outfit for the Coco 5K.

Anyone have any unusual costume ideas to share? I have mine planned already but neither of my teens haven't decided who they want to dress as yet.

I'm only registering for the Soul HM. I'll need to re-watch the movie to spark ideas .... cause running as a light blue blob might look more like a cloud. ;) I also am going to wear a Soul-inspired evening outfit for the EPCOT after-party. It may or may not include a lot of sequins! :D I mean.... Soul is in New Orleans, and in New Orleans we sparkle!! (Also we don't know when to say enough.... is it after the sequins and glitter and boas?? So hard to tell! ;) #NOLAfestive :cutie: )

I’m not plan to figure out parks till I know I got into the distances I wanted…
Costumes leaning towards something coco inspired for 5k & Epcot inspired for 10k

I'm only registering for the Soul HM. I'll need to re-watch the movie to spark ideas .... cause running as a light blue blob might look more like a cloud. ;) I also am going to wear a Soul-inspired evening outfit for the EPCOT after-party. It may or may not include a lot of sequins! :D I mean.... Soul is in New Orleans, and in New Orleans we sparkle!! (Also we don't know when to say enough.... is it after the sequins and glitter and boas?? So hard to tell! ;) #NOLAfestive :cutie: )
But…Soul is in NYC??

Looks like perfect half & challenge registration emails have gone out - anyone else not receive theirs yet?

For those that have runDisney'd recently, do we need Memory Maker to get photo's from the races or is that part of the deal? It's been so long since I've done a race, I can't remember any of my planning or preparing for it!

So you can *see* your pictures (they'll be watermarked) without purchasing MM, and you can buy individual pics from there for around $15/ea OR spend the $99 for the one-day MM or $179 (or whatever it is now!) for the "normal" price.

Just a reminder to everyone that plans on registering on Tuesday - take a moment this weekend to make sure that you have your current log-in and password for your Disney accounts.

Apparently, somewhere over the past few months, I had changed my password on my tablet and not updated the password on my primary computer. Thankfully, I realized it yesterday rather than scrambling to reset everything on Tuesday.

For those that have runDisney'd recently, do we need Memory Maker to get photo's from the races or is that part of the deal? It's been so long since I've done a race, I can't remember any of my planning or preparing for it!
You need mm to get them w/o watermark

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter