Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

If anyone is looking to sell or give away a party ticket, please LMK. I will be at the HH meetup and will buy you a drink as a thank you.

Thank you Disney for making the race courses so similar one weekend after another. It makes it so much easier to not plan future race weekends. They're going to save me a bunch of money!
Not just weekends- I feel for the challenge people that are functionally doing the same race on back to back days!

Not just weekends- I feel for the challenge people that are functionally doing the same race on back to back days!

Agreed. (I'm doing the challenge)

Hey this might be my first DNF! I don't care at all for the Genie medal, so if I get tired of the half, I'll just stop. ✌️

We don't find out our corral placement until pick-up at the Expo is that right?
Yes. Unless they also changed that for this weekend (and I haven't looked through the guide any more than to look at maps because I'm not running), you won't definitively know your start group until you pick up your bib. There's usually some educated guessing when they send your bib # in an email.

Breaking News - for anyone interested, I just saw that Akershus Royal Banquet Hall is reopening on Nov 4 - ADRs start 10/24

(We've never been.... I'm considering setting my alarm early on 10/24 to see if we can fit in a lunch... my girls are 9 and 13 but still love princesses!)

One question that I didn't find an answer to - does the after party ticket give you the ability to purchase Genie+ and/or ILL (if available) for the time between 5 p.m. and park close? I know that it probably wouldn't be a great use of money, but I would still like to know the answer.

One question that I didn't find an answer to - does the after party ticket give you the ability to purchase Genie+ and/or ILL (if available) for the time between 5 p.m. and park close? I know that it probably wouldn't be a great use of money, but I would still like to know the answer.
I've heard there's no Genie+ add on with a party ticket BUT, interestingly, I was able to add Genie+ on a day in Sept. when we only had MNSSHP tickets and no other park tickets, so maybe/hopefully? But to do that, be sure to link your party tickets to MDE so the app knows you have the party ticket that day. Same was true for ILL - we were able to purchase SDMT on the day we went to MNSSHP, we just picked the last available time before the park closed.
I would love to also try for a virtual queue for GOTG on our party day, but I'm doubtful that will work. And we won't be in Epcot at 1pm for the second/later round because we're only going to the party.

The Half on Sunday
So I'm looking at the race guide and this is the text

"Participants must arrive at the EPCOT parking lot on Friday, November 5th, by 4:00 a.m." Since the date is wrong (and based on past races), I suspect that the whole thing was copied and pasted from the 5K and has the wrong time. In the past, they wanted you in the parking lot by 3:30 a.m. Assuming that is true, I would take how long it would normally take to get from your location to Epcot, double that and add 10-15 minutes. For me, I'm staying at Universal which is about 20 minutes away so I would probably plan on leaving absolutely no later than 2:45 a.m.

For the half, there is going to be that stupid long mile walkout to the corrals (ugh!) so I'd be less likely to worry about getting there too early and more worried about getting there too late.

Does anyone have recommendations for their favorite waist pack/small backpack? This is our first race so I tried looking on RunDisney to see if there were sizing requirements but did see anything in FAQ. My daughter will need to have her inhaler with her and also wears glasses so she will need wipes in case of rain. I am not a pocket type of person and would rather just tough out a waist pack. We are hoping to theme the waist packs if we have time!

I have this one and it works well. The belt is comfortably stretchy and wide, and I've felt no discernable bouncing even when stuffed full. It has little compression straps for when it's not stuffed full, and handy internal pockets. I find myself using it often even when not running! https://www.brooksrunning.com/en_us/stride-running-waist-pack/280463.html

I looked for those this morning so they must have just uploaded them.

10K:

https://www.strava.com/routes/3017475898458549364

Half:

https://www.strava.com/routes/3017493754549449844

I'm not sure I got the turn around correct but I just want it close enough to have a PacePro for both races.
I imported the GPX files from Strava into Garmin Connect and added the aid stations as best I could. I eyeballed them based on the maps, they should be in the ballpark, but not exact.
Half Marathon: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/134370764
10K: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/134370750
5K: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/134370806

For past participants, do the sweeps truly happen exactly 3:30 after race beginning? Or are they somewhat lenient? Because their page states the race is 5:00am – 9:30am, which would mean 4.5 hours.

For past participants, do the sweeps truly happen exactly 3:30 after race beginning? Or are they somewhat lenient? Because their page states the race is 5:00am – 9:30am, which would mean 4.5 hours.
The 16:00/mile time limit doesn’t start until the last runner crosses the start line, so unless you’re at the very back with the balloon ladies there’s additional time available.

Sweeping is a rolling activity throughout the race, as well, not a single point in time. If you fall behind pace, there are designated points throughout the course that sweeping takes place, so you can be swept well before the 3:30 mark if you’re not making adequate progress along the course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter