Window, Aisle or Centre?

I don't have a preference when traveling with family. The introvert in me would rather not be stuck in the center between two strangers, but considering I fly with Xanax I probably wouldn't actually care where I was sitting.

I agree PP. I like to squish up against the window/wall with my pillow I’ve brought (neck pillow). I feel it gives me a bit more room.

Before kids, window. Now aisle. As a family of 4 whe usualy sit kids on the inside, me at the aisle and DH across from us.

When traveling alone, I like the window. Like PP, I like to lean against it and it feels less claustrophobic to me. When I’m traveling with my children, I usually end up in the middle - my daughter likes the window, my son is 6’2” and likes the aisle.

aisle . left side of plane . facing forward

ETA . I thought a question might be asked . which side is the left side.

Port and Starboard are nautical and aeronautical terms for left and right, respectively

Port is the left-hand side of a vessel or aircraft, facing forward.

Last edited:
I used to insist on window, but now I insist on aisle, or more accurately not center. I hate flying and cope by hiding away in VR, so the window view is wasted on me once I'm allowed to put the headset on. l spent my last flight watching The Martian on a private IMAX screen with headphones on, forgot I was flying until we hit some turbulence!

Matt

Traveling alone? Aisle.
Traveling with grand kiddos who still haven't reached their final height? Aisle.
Traveling with my full height children? Business class anywhere and them in coach. Peace!

ok I am the middle mostly. DH has a thing he has to have window or aisle or he has flying issues. He is not a great flyer. I have flown so much just put my butt in a seat & get me there. If I am alone I do prefer window or aisle but such are the sacrifices of a happy marriage:banana::rotfl:

Due to height and shoulder width I prefer the aisle. But you do run the risk of everyone else walking in the aisle bumping into your shoulder, and every beverage cart making contact if you don’t pull your shoulder and leg in a bit when it is on the move!

Short flights: Window
Long flight and/or flying solo: Aisle

Will only take center if I'm with DH. He has to have aisle because he's a tall guy. And I don't feel bad when I make him move to get up.

Here's a question for those who say they (or travelling companions) need the aisle because they're tall...

How exactly does that help? The distance between the seats would be the same whether you're in the window or aisle. Granted, if you're in the aisle, you can stretch your legs into the aisle, but wouldn't that risk either tripping someone walking in the aisle or getting hit by the beverage cart? Sure, you could pay attention and pull your legs in when needed, but that sounds like a pain. I'd rather be able to focus on my movie/book/whatever than worry about what's happening in the aisle.

Any of them is fine with me because I'm a small person but if I have my druthers, it's window seat. That way I can lean my head against the window to sleep.

Where do you like to sit on a plane? Me, it has to be the aisle, because I like to get up periodically and annoy people by walking up and down the plane. Window is OK I guess, but usually only on short haul flights. Centre seats? Please no.

So. Window, Aisle or Centre? Can you stand all of them, or just 1 or 2?

It depends on the flight. If it's one where I'll be awake most of the time, I prefer aisle. If it's a red eye where I need to sleep, I prefer to lean up against the window.

Here's a question for those who say they (or travelling companions) need the aisle because they're tall...

How exactly does that help? The distance between the seats would be the same whether you're in the window or aisle. Granted, if you're in the aisle, you can stretch your legs into the aisle, but wouldn't that risk either tripping someone walking in the aisle or getting hit by the beverage cart? Sure, you could pay attention and pull your legs in when needed, but that sounds like a pain. I'd rather be able to focus on my movie/book/whatever than worry about what's happening in the aisle.

I would say it's more painful to be cramped if you are 6"4" guy with long legs. It is also dangerous and can contribute to blood clots in legs. So if he needs to stretch out then I am sure they know enough to pay attention to the cart & other passengers.

You do you & let the tall people do themselves.

DH can spread his knees wide, to get a little space (his knees DO dig into the person ahead of him if not---no choice--he has long upper legs. Yes, he has to watch and pull his outside knee in when the cart comes or people need by (though it is not so far out as to really be an issue for most just walking by), plus it lets him stand up more often to move the cramped legs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter