Will we see changes to vaccine mandates on sailings out of Galveston?

LSUfan4444

DIS Veteran
https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/gov...y-entity-adds-issue-to-special-session-agenda

My daughter turns 12 three days before the sailing we have booked on Oasis of the Seas for Thanksgiving and unless the Bahamas drops their mandate or Royal changes their protocols, there is no possible way we can sail since there is simply not enough time for her to be two weeks from full vaccination with only three days between her 12th birthday and our sail date.

Before now, I thought a refund would be my only option but with no mandates for Mexico, I'm wondering if this might now be a possibility. We've done this sailing and ship twice but it would be better than no trip at all.

Sounds like the same approach that the FL governor took. I'd expect the same result - they will still ask.

I know a few people who got their 11 year olds vaccinated. It’s easy. They just took their kids to a mass vaccination clinic and told them the kids were 12. They gave them blank vaccine cards that the parents filled in w/ the kids’ real birthdays after the second dose.

Sounds like the same approach that the FL governor took. I'd expect the same result - they will still ask.
The result in Fl was that they didnt ask for a while (until they could blame it on the Bahamas). The requirement is coming from the port(s) but there are sailings from Galveston going to ports that do not have a mandate. I do agree though, I think they will just ignore the EO and trust in that there will be no true enforcement of the penalty BUT in the meantime, I will cross my fingers and hope.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!