Will there every be a 5th theme park?

IMO I feel no need for a 5th park....

they are building on AK....with the YETI ride and new restaurant going in I think they are going to expand on this park ....

plus I agree with others that most visitors cannot spend more than a week at wdw and with 4 parks...plus water parks, this suffices

to me more rides at AK and MGM plus a new waterpark.this would be better than a 5th gate
Paulh

I'm sorry if I am saying what others already said, but a friend of mine has a friend that used to be a CM at WDW, he said that she said that they have plans to build a "villians" theme park. I don't know if that is true or not...but it is the rumor board lol.

I'm sorry if I am saying what others already said, but a friend of mine has a friend that used to be a CM at WDW, he said that she said that they have plans to build a "villians" theme park. I don't know if that is true or not...but it is the rumor board lol.

They do not. Well, they may at some point have designed some plans, but there is no intent to construct a new park, or villians park for the forseeable future. That was a hot rumor when Universal launched IOA and everyone seemed to think Disney would launch its own thrill-ride park.

They do not. Well, they may at some point have designed some plans, but there is no intent to construct a new park, or villians park for the forseeable future. That was a hot rumor when Universal launched IOA and everyone seemed to think Disney would launch its own thrill-ride park.

Well that's good I guess. I don't think that a villians park would work well, it would probablly scare the kids. I also don't think that a Disney thrill PARK would work well either, it just isn't Disney like. I think that a few thrill rides scattered around work better because they fit in...ie RnRC and ToT.

Well that's good I guess. I don't think that a villians park would work well, it would probablly scare the kids. I also don't think that a Disney thrill PARK would work well either, it just isn't Disney like. I think that a few thrill rides scattered around work better because they fit in...ie RnRC and ToT.

True enough, it was also nice to see Disney being so uncharacteristically non-reactionary.

I think the idea that it would be an entire park was more fan wank then actual plans though I'm sure someone somewhere had drawn them up. They all stemed from the even older Villian mountain plans which would have been a part of Fantasyland. Those plans of course were intermingled with fire mountain rumors etc etc etc.

I quote..."Disney's Animal Kingdom is the fourth and largest park, but certainly not the last." This is a new show because it shows the Comedy Club (showed attraction with people), Expedition Everest (also the inside and working attraction...showing people on it and interviewing them after they rode it), and something about the YOAMD...it may have been the parade...They also showed the inside of the Castle. They referenced the amble unused property...and some guy who refered to Disney as "we" also said that there are things that will be done. This got me thinking that maybe Disney does have some plans for future parks...so in the long run, I would think, there will be a new park.

Future parks maybe, future parks in WDW? Well, maybe, but there are certainly zero plans for any with the current management.

It's probably a reference to Hong Kong, DSP and Destination Disney stuff. All of which sucks.

Future parks maybe, future parks in WDW? Well, maybe, but there are certainly zero plans for any with the current management.

It's probably a reference to Hong Kong, DSP and Destination Disney stuff. All of which sucks.

well maybe, but it was all about WDW and didn't reference any of the other Disney resorts, and they did do a WDW flyover as he said it...but whatever.

MickeyRules....I think they have lots of little ideas running through their heads, and where those ideas actually materialize is anyone's guess, but I truly believe that SOMEWHERE they have either ideas or plans for a future WDW Park.

Will it ever come to fruition? We could stay here all night and ponder the pros and cons, but I'd put money on it, they already have some sort of plans SOMEWHERE for at least an idea of what they'd like to do in Orlando in the future.

BTW.....My DS was flipping channels about 9:30, and we caught the end of the show. It is the same show they've been showing for years, but they always update it and add new video, etc. That's why we got to see things like the Comedy Club and Finding Nemo: The Musical. :goodvibes

But, when I saw them talking about plans for the future, I immediately thought about this thread and all you guys!

Well, Of COURSE they have ideas for new parks. It's just never going to happen.

Well...you just never know....never say "never!"

Did we ever think they would make a Disney Studios or AK park?

No, because they weren't on the master plan. There was a time when Disney didn't hide things.

There was also a time when I didn't think Disney could screw something up the way they screwed up MGM and AK.

Wow! For someone with over 3,600 posts, I'm a little surprised at that last post!

I love MGM--its atmosphere and street performers are great, and it is simply amazing to see where AK came from--a barren land of NOTHING....

If Disney had kept to the ORIGINAL plan, it would have grown stale and died. Kudos to Disney for trying to keep on top and one step ahead (though they don't always accomplish this).

Do you really think they are HIDING things? Like any business, things are kept private and not thrown out to the public at all times.

How long do you think Walt was talking and tossing ideas about EPCOT behind the scenes before anyone in the public ever heard about it?

The WORLD (i.e., Disney) is perfect as it is, IMHO. You can barely squeeze in everything now as it is on a 7-day vacation! I simply cannot imagine having to add a whole other Park to my vacation!

Personally, I hope they don't add another Park, but I would be disappointed if they did, and I wouldn't count them out as not doing one either....

However, all that said--I think at the moment their "Park" focus is lying in other countries (i.e, China, etc.)

I appreciate your opinions on this and I don't mean to try suggest you shouldn't have them, but the reason I have 3600 posts, because I've spent a long time talking about how the Disney company really works and why it works (or doesn't work). I personally cannot disagree more with Disney World being perfect right now. I think it's anything but perfect right now. MGM studios was designed terribly, but it used to be fun. They've removed many of the unique attractions and replaced them with nothing more then synergy. Animal Kingdom is equally poorly designed.

I'm not saying they aren't fun parks or can't be fun parks, but there's a difference between what you or I think is fun and what is good.

Here, I talked about how I approach Disney discussions here:
http://www.july171955.com/b2evolution/index.php?blog=3

I personally cannot disagree more with Disney World being perfect right now. I think it's anything but perfect right now.
I'm not saying they aren't fun parks or can't be fun parks, but there's a difference between what you or I think is fun and what is good.

KUDOS on your blog! Great, I loved it! And, a lot of it I agreed with...now, that said, let me say this....

Let me clarify myself...what I meant by perfect was this...I think that four parks is enough! How in the world can we possibly squeeze anything more into a vacation there? For crying out loud, we had to go for Spring Break just to do the OUTSIDE world (see my siggie), meaning--ANYTHING BESIDES THE PARKS! We took an entire 7 days doing Disney w/o doing Disney Parks--it is getting insane down there! That's what I mean by perfect--4 parks!

Not that the four Parks in themselves are perfect because we all know they are not--however, again--that said--I do still love the Street Performers and the sheer beauty of AK.

....and I do agree with you 100% that there are people out there that love WHATEVER Disney throws out w/its name on it...heck, we never even went to see Meet the Robinsons...just didn't look good to us....you have to be very careful--it's a fine line--loving and being crazy about Disney and accepting everything DISNEY throws out to us as being GOOD, because it's not all good--heck, I'm even a little tepid about the new rat movie coming out--loved Cars, but this rat movie just doesn't look that good to me....

There are definitely parts of MGM that need some work--the GMR for example--the parks are far from perfect--you and I both know that, but I still wouldn't put it past them to keep trying to build their conglomerate (sp?)....would you?

I doubt we'll see a new Park any time soon. (In our lifetime?) As I said, they are busy eyeing China and such....but it's always a possibility with them owning so much land down there....

...hey, I loved your ME and BI comps! Totally agree....that really was a good 12-point blog!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter