Will there every be a 5th theme park?

Thanks for the support of the blog.

It may surprise people here to here that I actually agree that four parks is I think a pretty good number. I'm disappointed that AK replaced a wetlands preserve. I think that was short sighted and not in keeping with how they wanted to develop WDW, but the actual existence of the park is fine by me.

Great job on the blog. I just got done reading it and I have to admit, it's pretty damn good.:thumbsup2

I saw this on the travel channel special of Disney World. In the background, there was some guy working on a computer. On the screen was pictures of Skyscrapers. As I saw this, the narrator said some thing like "coming up, the future of Disney World" But when the commercials were over, the show didn't say anything about a new park.
This makes me think that the next park, while still on the drawing boards, will be city themed. However, as they already have MGM, Epcot, and Mainstreet, that seems very unlikely.

I saw this on the travel channel special of Disney World. In the background, there was some guy working on a computer. On the screen was pictures of Skyscrapers. As I saw this, the narrator said some thing like "coming up, the future of Disney World" But when the commercials were over, the show didn't say anything about a new park.
This makes me think that the next park, while still on the drawing boards, will be city themed. However, as they already have MGM, Epcot, and Mainstreet, that seems very unlikely.

I saw the same special and was disappointed when they said that then didn't show anything. :confused:

For those of you who are intrested, I actually live in Djibouti, Africa on the Horn of Africa, yes i'm american, over here as supercomputer dork. Anyways, here there is a place they call Djibouti, Disney Land its pretty run down but every now and then they open it up and let the kids roam arround the area and play. None of the rides work and there are no characters, but lots of mickey paintings and what not. Even says Djibouti Disney Land, but I think Disney sold the property back because everyone here is poor, and it was an attemptto build up the economy a long time ago. Its not very big either, could walk across the few attractions in a matter of 5 or 10 min.

For those of you who are intrested, I actually live in Djibouti, Africa on the Horn of Africa, yes i'm american, over here as supercomputer dork. Anyways, here there is a place they call Djibouti, Disney Land its pretty run down but every now and then they open it up and let the kids roam arround the area and play. None of the rides work and there are no characters, but lots of mickey paintings and what not. Even says Djibouti Disney Land, but I think Disney sold the property back because everyone here is poor, and it was an attemptto build up the economy a long time ago. Its not very big either, could walk across the few attractions in a matter of 5 or 10 min.

I wonder if it was an illegal (depends on the country's laws I guess) knockoff like this one in China

No, alot of differnt companies end up trying to build something here and it doesn't work out because of the heat, and the smell. They think they can do something big because of the location and weather, but it doesn't turn out like that. I think, that it was actually one or maybe they gave them permission to do it for the kids.

I was thinking about the skyscrapers i saw on the travel channel special and I came up with this possibility. What if Disney is trying to build a Disney Sea in Orlando? It would make sense. The skyscrapers could be part of The American Waterfront part. It would also explain why Disney never built an Indiana Jones ride in Adventureland, why they never built Fire Mountain (which is supposedly what started the idea for Journey to the center of the earth ride) and it would also explain why 20,000 leagues under the sea was replaced at Disney world instead of upgraded.

I've not seen the show, but I'd lay odds that those shots were old pictures of the original DisneySeas which would have been built in long beach and utilize the queen mary. Probably isn't anything new in that picture. Just 15 year old dead plans.

I love disney i really do! but thinking about Animal Kingdom is not that old right now, and though it is a very good park (especially since they built Expedtion:everest! <-- that ride is amazing! ) it still has alot of building to do, Its good, but compared to some of the other parks, it feels like it misses something, I do not think that Disney should build any more Parks untill this one is slightly more developed!

x:rolleyes1

But I do LOVE AK
EVEREST RULES BAYBEE!

Disney will spend money on fixing DCA and Disney Studios Paris before it builds another park in Orlando.

Thanks for the support of the blog.

It may surprise people here to here that I actually agree that four parks is I think a pretty good number. I'm disappointed that AK replaced a wetlands preserve. I think that was short sighted and not in keeping with how they wanted to develop WDW, but the actual existence of the park is fine by me.

wasn't Disney as part of filling in wetlands obligated to creat them elsewhere

I believe they did this offsite right?

That totally violates some of the founding concepts that went into the resort.

First Post.

Been a casual reader of the blogs for a while and this is the one that always draws me back. So feel free to shoot holes in this idea. I work for uncle sam at Patrick Air Force Base (aka Cocoa Beach) zip 32925. This facility as are all DOD installations is reviewed for closure and or re-allignment every few years. I believe 2012 is the next review. Patrick AFB has a runway and both river and beachfrontage. Several miles of both. Disney Sea is brought up often on this board, so here goes. If congress decides to close Patrick AFB would the mouse be intrested? Environmentally there would be challenges. Logistically? Money? The local gov will/would love to fill the place with the mouse if the DOD leaves I am sure. Okay next is the fact that a rumor to this effect has been running around this base for more than a decade. I know Disney once owned beachfront in the Cocoa Beach area, by now I am sure its sold. For those that think this is worth checking into try google earth with the zip code from above to get a good overview of the size of the property and the waterfrontage it has. The rumor also stated that the mouse had actually proposed the idea during one of the reviews of the base. :cool2:

And for you monorail fans the large causeway south of the base will be extended to reach I-95 in the near future 07/08. See what cost seventy miles of monorail from Orlando to Disney Sea(aka Patrick AFB) would cost. LOL.

Over 40 visits to the World since Dec 1973.

First Post.

Been a casual reader of the blogs for a while and this is the one that always draws me back. So feel free to shoot holes in this idea. I work for uncle sam at Patrick Air Force Base (aka Cocoa Beach) zip 32925. This facility as are all DOD installations is reviewed for closure and or re-allignment every few years. I believe 2012 is the next review. Patrick AFB has a runway and both river and beachfrontage. Several miles of both. Disney Sea is brought up often on this board, so here goes. If congress decides to close Patrick AFB would the mouse be intrested? Environmentally there would be challenges. Logistically? Money? The local gov will/would love to fill the place with the mouse if the DOD leaves I am sure. Okay next is the fact that a rumor to this effect has been running around this base for more than a decade. I know Disney once owned beachfront in the Cocoa Beach area, by now I am sure its sold. For those that think this is worth checking into try google earth with the zip code from above to get a good overview of the size of the property and the waterfrontage it has. The rumor also stated that the mouse had actually proposed the idea during one of the reviews of the base. :cool2:

And for you monorail fans the large causeway south of the base will be extended to reach I-95 in the near future 07/08. See what cost seventy miles of monorail from Orlando to Disney Sea(aka Patrick AFB) would cost.

Over 40 visits to the World since Dec 1973.

They wont run a monorail track the mile or so from Epcot to MGM, so I doubt they'd be able to run one to Cocoa Beach!

Yeah I know, but the debate in the monorail threads is always fun to watch. I luv to see the dreamers and bean counters go throught the hoops of can, cant, shuold, how, and why. Its always a laugh to read.:) Just a little fuel for thier fire.:goodvibes

I love disney i really do! but thinking about Animal Kingdom is not that old right now, and though it is a very good park (especially since they built Expedtion:everest! <-- that ride is amazing! ) it still has alot of building to do, Its good, but compared to some of the other parks, it feels like it misses something, I do not think that Disney should build any more Parks untill this one is slightly more developed!

x:rolleyes1

But I do LOVE AK
EVEREST RULES BAYBEE!

That's odd, everytime I go there I just think about how bad it embarasses MGM. Our last trip to Disney we didn't even bother with MGM and we only spent like 2 hours at MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter