Will the shower soap/shampoo/lotion dispensers be put into DVC rooms?

Funny how many germs we come into contact with, especially when traveling. Everything at Disney is a worldwide petri dish, really, yet communal shampoo just grosses people out somehow. Communal soap in public bathrooms is fine, as are communal napkin dispensers, ketchup dispensers, etc. Even the beloved Beverly cup dispensers.

It's just a change, and hardly the worst one (or even top 10 worst IMHO). Wipe them off with a sanitizing wipe and they're good as new.

I consider myself a germaphobe (wouldn't ever consider using the salt shaker or other condiments on the table at a restaurant) but if the soap dispenser is locked in (so nobody can add their own "conditioner") I would use them (after a wipe down as part of my "reclean the hotel room before we use it" routine).

I wonder if they will fill the bottles between guests or wait for them to be almost out. what if you don't make it to day 4 and you run out? If they do not refill (but rather replace entire bottles), I can see this will be an issue. Or they are going to be throwing away a lot of almost but not quite empty bottles.... ?

I’m sure it will depend on the housekeeper and resort whether the bottles get refilled, and I’m sure you can call for a refill at anytime during your stay.

Funny how many germs we come into contact with, especially when traveling. Everything at Disney is a worldwide petri dish, really, yet communal shampoo just grosses people out somehow. Communal soap in public bathrooms is fine, as are communal napkin dispensers, ketchup dispensers, etc. Even the beloved Beverly cup dispensers.

Pretty sure Beverly doubles as a soft-drink and anti-bacterial fluid.:earboy2:

That is probably true.

I just know what can be done with these community type dispensers and Disney is getting particularly penny pinching. The hope is that H2O provides the products for free and is somewhat aware that there's a potential for their mis representation now.
Read on another thread that at two of the All Stars food courts you no longer get a plate, just a piece of waxed paper on a tray with your food plopped on the wax paper.

Here's the link: https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...ic-and-all-star-movies.3731359/#post-60189698

Last edited:

Read on another thread that at two of the All Stars food courts you no longer get a plate, just a piece of waxed paper on a tray with your food plopped on the wax paper.

Here's the link: https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...ic-and-all-star-movies.3731359/#post-60189698
Normal for larger items. A lot of craft burger places do that too. It's not just a slip of cutter wax paper; it's a printed sheet that covers the whole tray. Plus, you can wash your hands with a communal soap dispenser after you eat! See, it all comes full circle.

Normal for larger items. A lot of craft burger places do that too. It's not just a slip of cutter wax paper; it's a printed sheet that covers the whole tray. Plus, you can wash your hands with a communal soap dispenser after you eat! See, it all comes full circle.

And it's magic paper that knives don't cut thru? Burgers are one thing - those have come just wrapped in paper for years and years and years.

Might as well go with real dinnerware and flatware and wash them. Old school but you don't even have the trash of waxes paper (which I'm really not certain how that breaks down).

I recently read that by 2050 there will be more plastic in the ocean than FISH. So I’m one DVC owner who is 100% ok with getting rid of the tiny garbage generating toiletries and moving to refillable dispensers.
The majority of that plastic comes from China and third world countries. US accounts for about 1 or 2% of it.

And it's magic paper that knives don't cut thru? Burgers are one thing - those have come just wrapped in paper for years and years and years.

Might as well go with real dinnerware and flatware and wash them. Old school but you don't even have the trash of waxes paper (which I'm really not certain how that breaks down).

I've just seen it for things like hard shell tacos & chips, chicken fingers, etc. If you need a fork and knife, I'm pretty sure you'll get a plate.

Then again, this is Disney in 2019 so I put nothing past them nowadays.

I don’t buy it. The US and Canada historically sent recyclables to China. China recently said no, thanks, to any more. North America absolutely uses just as much plastic as anyone else.
Yep. Canadian garbage all over Africa in recent years. We have to stop thinking that when we throw something away that it’s gone. There is no “away” with plastics!

I should think sea salt could irritate any cut or scratch.
They've been using these at the Grand Floridian and on DCL for years---probably at least 10. We kept a set of the H2O+ Sea Salt/Sea Marine toiletries in our Owner's Locker because we liked it better than the H2O+ line that DVC had been using elsewhere. It is no more irritating than any other body wash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter